How long does a court account cheque take to process in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jul 2013 9:00 AM by gill_malouf Star rating in Stockport, Cheshire. 201 posts Send private message

Hi,

I'd be very grateful if anyone can let me know precisely how long a Spanish court account cheque takes to process, and could there be issues with a Court account cheque ie could it bounce?

I was told by a representative of my solicitor on 27th of June that I would hear from them again the following week, once the cheque had cleared. A further week has passed and, as I've waited since the court decision on the 18th December 2012 - and this began in March 2006, I am losing my positive outlook. (I suffer from anxiety and depression...partly due to Andalucian Dream Homes sales tactics (and ADH has now morphed into another internet based company so watch out...I doubt they have any integrity even now!) and the subsequent experience of 'investing' in Spanish offplan property. There is also a certain male solicitor who scans this website who's previous company 'Lawyers of Spain' were in league with Andalucian Dream Homes. He now criticises lawyers who acted (?) for clients and who failed to obtain Bank Guarantees. His previous company allowed a transaction between myself and Interlaken 2003/Ocean View Homes without an individual Bank Guarantee.

I am so fed up with these people who don't consider the misery they cause by their actions, because it's just another paid job that once they have completed they forget about...leaving people like me to suffer in the longterm. All I can say is that what goes around comes around....so I sincerely hope he has some conscience! (Perhaps I'll read his blog and find a personal apology - but I doubt it).   

My situation now in the UK is dire, and the above funds will provide a foundation to reinvent myself. Any info would be appreciated as I am so disillusioned,especially as the representative seems more concerned about publicity at present I feel my situation is not currently being taken seriously! 

This message was last edited by gill_malouf on 14/07/2013.

This message was last edited by gill_malouf on 14/07/2013.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2013 11:17 AM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Bounce!

Like 0      
15 Jul 2013 2:35 PM by gill_malouf Star rating in Stockport, Cheshire. 201 posts Send private message

OK, the London bank branch manager of the bank in question enquired on my behalf to his head office, and got back to me saying that the bank paid the funds over to the Fuengirola Court before the hearing in December....I have waited almost 7 months and am getting extremely annoyed about this issue...after all, it has been going on since March 2006 and has cost me over 25k euro to date....money I don't really have and have done without a car etc to 'make this happen' when at the end of the day people told us gullable idiots that our deposits were bank guaranteed....no-one could prepare you for just how you have to fight to get YOUR hard earned cash back.

My health has suffered significantly due to this, and yesterday I had (yet again) to sell gold jewellery my late husband bought me. I WOULD LOVE TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS.....if I had funds i would be over in Spain like a shot. Perhaps the English press may like to investigate on my behalf what the delay is?????

I note the forum rules now take into account people getting very annoyed at their situation and perhaps other individual's attitudes....however, I believe that I have acted patiently and had tenacity....and now I want to sort this out!  

Like 0      
17 Jul 2013 11:45 AM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Gill,

Concerned that no-one on the board could answer your question, I did a Google search.

I found a lawyer's website and in one of his blogs of 2008 he deals with the question of    cheques paid into the court which bounce.

Perhaps you could contact the court in Fuengirola and see if they will confirm they have received the cheque from the bank and the reason the funds have not been passed to you.

Sorry if I am adding to your worries but really your lawyer should be doing this for you.

P.s. I don't mean adding to your worries.

This message was last edited by sandra on 17/07/2013.

Like 0      
19 Jul 2013 4:40 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

Gill,

How are you getting on with your repayment. Has your lawyer explained why you haven't got your money yet? Have you done an internet search as perhaps there are many people on your development that are in the same position? You may get some information from them.

I really feel for you, there have been many people on this forum that have lost their deposits on different developments around the Costas. Like you, they have been made ill by all the worry and most, not surprisingly, don't seem to post anymore.

Good luck and do let us know what happens,

G&M

Like 0      
22 Jul 2013 12:45 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Bump.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2013 8:29 PM by gill_malouf Star rating in Stockport, Cheshire. 201 posts Send private message

Sandra,

Funds now paid into my account minus court costs and IVA...I hope I can get the IVA back as that would pay for a run about car!

Sol Mijas Developers though never paid my court costs from the 1st Instance (Feb 2007) and their appeal (2009) so I am wondering what to do about that!

I may still have to travel over to Spain to sort several remaining issues out.

I'm so relieved that funds have finally materialised.

I should add that I have used two lawyers and a notary whilst claiming my funds from March 2006, my husband passed on in 2010 and through attending the Manchester Property Show in 2004 I have had several other issues to address all at the same time.

In 2010 I finally accepted I had trust issues and am working on this...however, because of the past experieces my trust of organisations can be fragile . I admit this.

Nothing I have said or done has been personal, like Keith Rule I have had to fight and be determined - the one difference is that through all my time trying to sort the mess my life had become was that I have been truly alone and have had to stop being 'nice'...being 'nice' for me means people seeing me as vulnerable and past experience has seen people take advantage of me.

So if I have inadvertently offended my solicitors I APOLOGISE...I am sure you know I am not a vendictive person though.

I HAVE BEEN A DESPERATE INDIVIDUAL WHO BECAME DISILLUSIONED WITH THE SITUATION - AND IN TURN THIS MADE ME ILL FOR A CONSIDERABLE LENGTH OF TIME.

My financial situation and my life in the past year has been no picnic because I could have lost my home. 

Those working for people like me in Spain are professionals and do their jobs but I don't think they fully appreciate what happens to peoples moral and mental state when developers and banks cause emotional distress.

I now appreciate that to get my life back, I have to fight my corner and think of myself.....not because I am selfish...but because I have a purpose to forfil in life and to date I have been pre-occupied with the above.

This message was last edited by gill_malouf on 22/07/2013.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2013 1:38 AM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

I am truly very pleased your money has finally arrived and what must be a large amount of the anxiety has been lifted.

Thank you for letting us all know the outcome of your case/s and I hope that you can resolve the problem of costs.  You have been a very brave lady to pursue  the case under the circumstances that you have described and I wish you all the best for a happier and healthier future.

P.S If the costs are not substantial I think I might be inclined to take a deep breath, walk away and get on with the rest of my life.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2013 9:28 AM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

I agree with Sandra that sometimes you have to let the small things go for your own sanity. Congratulations for what you have achieved and all the best for a happy future.

G

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Invitation to Guinness World Record Attempt, Sun. 21July 2013, Vera Playa, Almeria - 1 posts
malaga airport parking - 1 posts
Hi, can you help please ? - 4 posts
kitchens - 0 posts
PLUS VALIA TAX advice needed - 10 posts
Retirement Age in Spain - Are they going too far? - 23 posts
Babysitter Available - 0 posts
GARDENS OF MANILVA COUNTRY CLUB - 1 posts
Car from Spain to UK and Return - 8 posts
Civil Guardia-unfair fines - 4 posts
how to delete another wifi network from computer - 5 posts
Energy Proficiency Certificate questions. - 11 posts
What´s On................ - 0 posts
Paro - Please help!! - 1 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL REQUIRED-CAN YOU HELP? - 6 posts
RECOMMENDATION FOR SATELLITE TV INSTALLATION COMPANY CLOSE TO LOS ALCAZARES (MURCIA/COSTA BLANCA SOUTH) - 23 posts
Mobile broadband - 0 posts
Winter Fuel Allowance - 6 posts
Los Alcazares nearest football team - 7 posts
Comedy video - 1 posts
Well Summer is here and Corvera Airport is still not open....... - 3 posts
Is your Spanish really as good as you think? - 29 posts
Adifferent take on things????!!!! - 0 posts
Iberdrola - new disconnection policy? - 0 posts
Health Care in Spain for Brits. - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x