Buying for the first time in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 May 2013 5:26 AM by ineedahotdog Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks to all for the input. The wife and I plan to buy for the first time in Spain as well. We plan to purchase an apartment near Marbella later this year. We've already looked at many suitable properties in March and plan to return in June or July to continue our search. This will be our second home outside the US, and we plan to rent it out and pay the taxes, to hopefully cover some/most of the insurance/maintenance. My concern is finding a reputable conveyance attorney and building surveyor, insured, English-speaking, licensed, etc. Any sage advice regarding our planned purchased is greatly appreciated.

Like 0      
02 May 2013 8:05 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

You can find here some other free guides which might help you while enjoying your house in Spain.

http://issuu.com/mariadecastro/docs

Please feel free to contact us for any related question: web@costaluzlawyers.es

Cheers and welcome to Spain. Help us to make this a better country!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Apr 2014 7:11 AM by trevismarcus Star rating in Spain. 13 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Advertising- Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 4/23/2014 1:01:00 PM.

Like 0      
05 May 2014 7:02 PM by Yelamos Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by Yelamos on 05/05/2014.

This message was last edited by Yelamos on 06/05/2014.
This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 5/5/2014 11:04:00 PM.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2014 4:14 PM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

When I first bought my present (holiday) house, my initial thought was renting it out as a holiday house (I'm not much a fan of the high season myself, so would basically be able to make the most of the high income period, while having the house for my own pleasure off season).

After running some numbers, I decided to drop the idea. The raw income figures that I could have got looked good on paper, but after setting aside a stake for the rental agency, for taxes, plus accounting for general wear and tear, utility bills etc, plus having to furnish the house for holiday use and make everything child-proof rather than with my own personal stuff (antiques etc, which i don't want other people touching) it would basically have meant I wouldn't really have felt at home in my own house.

So I finally decided not to let the house.

Maybe if you're looking at a prime waterfront location or something that is otherwise highly sought after and for which you can charge high rents, the situation changes. But my place is not in that category. I know several people who have used their houses as holiday lets but came to regret it.

Like 1      
09 Oct 2014 9:43 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

police station address - NIE - 20 posts
Having a car in Spain for Hilidays - Is it a viable option - 4 posts
Warfrin in Spain - 12 posts
Why would anyone still want to move to Spain?(unless they are rich, with a good accountant) - 15 posts
burberry - 5 posts
non resident taxes - 0 posts
Tax allowances - 1 posts
AEAT Capital Gains Tax Demand - 22 posts
European legislation regarding energy efficiency - 3 posts
printing boarding cards etc. - 8 posts
Sky HD BOX - 4 posts
Jet2.com seat allocation - 2 posts
Ryanair - Do you pay card charges? I don't - 5 posts
Gutter Fitting - 0 posts
Bank pays without BG because the report of the Administrators Appointed by the Court in an insolvency process says the amounts where guaranteed - 0 posts
Court case against La Caixa / Trampolin Hills - 44 posts
Forced to complete after loosing court battle. Please help!!! - 15 posts
Sale of Goods - 7 posts
Change of Utility Provider - 2 posts
Energy performance certificate - 4 posts
Spain's Risk Premium falls and Stock Market rises - Sign of improvement? - 3 posts
FOOTBALL - La Liga - Bundesliga - Premier League ... Who Rules in European Football? - 21 posts
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for sale - practically unused! - 0 posts
Community Accounts? - 2 posts
Asset reporting - 23 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x