burberry

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Apr 2013 3:15 PM by burberry Star rating in La Manga. 2 posts Send private message

Hi,

Just wondered if someone can give me a bit of advice? I have owned a property in Spain for almost 10 years ( don't rent it out so don't get any income from it) I did not take out a residencia when we bought the property, but a couple of years ago I was advised to take out residencia in Spain because I was told if I ever came to sell the property I would save around 5% in taxes? So both myself and my wife took out a residencia some years ago which expired in 2011, what, if any,are the advantages (or disadvantages) of taking out a residencia? We both live and work in the UK.
Please help!

Like 0      
27 Apr 2013 3:44 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

You appear to have had bad advice

You cannot be resident if you live in the UK-how did you sign on the foreigners register(it's no longer residencia) ? you cannot have satisfied the conditions

Even if you don't rent it out you have to pay imputed income tax in Spain, and IBI  on it

Did you not research non resident taxes-loads of info online?

Like 0      
27 Apr 2013 3:46 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

We both live and work in the UK.

Then the question of registering on the EU citizens Register as being resident in Spain (Not Residencia, that was abolished in 2007 for EU citizens) does not apply.

You are both resident in UK.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2013 4:32 PM by burberry Star rating in La Manga. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Camposol,

We pay all the taxes IBI and the ''wealth tax'' on the property, so that's not an issue, when we took out the residencia we went to the Police Station in Cartagena with a friend who spoke Spanish and handed over the form, a couple of photographs and I cannot remember how much it was but it wasn't a lot of money, we then had to go collect the ''Extranjeros'' cards from the police station when we returned a few months later, I have just dug my old card out and it has my name and Spanish address on the front and my finger print on the back of the card, also on the front of the card it says ''Regimen Communitario'' is this not a residencia card?

Like 0      
28 Apr 2013 8:11 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Burberry, 

I just noticed that Camposol posted just before me yesterday and said almost the same as me.
You have not commented on my post.

It is apparent from your latest post that you obtained Residencia (valid for five years)  BEFORE April 2007, when it was abolished.   However, if you were at that time living and working in the UK you did so incorrectly and must have supplied information, which was false. That was probably an offence in Spain.

We pay all the taxes IBI and the ''wealth tax'' on the property,

IBI is equivalent to Council tax in UK, and is payable on all properties regardless of the status of the owner.

Wealth Tax (Patrimonio) is now only applicable if a property has a Declared Value or Catastral Value over 300,000 euros.

As Camposol and I have said, if you live and work in UK then you cannot be resident in Spain.

Like 0      
28 Apr 2013 1:50 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Burberry-you say you pay all the taxes on your holiday home-do you pay imputed income tax?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

non resident taxes - 0 posts
Tax allowances - 1 posts
AEAT Capital Gains Tax Demand - 22 posts
European legislation regarding energy efficiency - 3 posts
printing boarding cards etc. - 8 posts
Sky HD BOX - 4 posts
Jet2.com seat allocation - 2 posts
Ryanair - Do you pay card charges? I don't - 5 posts
Gutter Fitting - 0 posts
Bank pays without BG because the report of the Administrators Appointed by the Court in an insolvency process says the amounts where guaranteed - 0 posts
Court case against La Caixa / Trampolin Hills - 44 posts
Forced to complete after loosing court battle. Please help!!! - 15 posts
Sale of Goods - 7 posts
Change of Utility Provider - 2 posts
Energy performance certificate - 4 posts
Spain's Risk Premium falls and Stock Market rises - Sign of improvement? - 3 posts
FOOTBALL - La Liga - Bundesliga - Premier League ... Who Rules in European Football? - 21 posts
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for sale - practically unused! - 0 posts
Community Accounts? - 2 posts
Asset reporting - 23 posts
jetXTRA - NEW LOW COST airline to Alicante - They promise no hidden charges!! - 9 posts
alicante airport - 12 posts
Furniture storage - 4 posts
Moving to Spain, Need some advice!! - 37 posts
Condadorentals web page - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x