Sale of Goods

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Apr 2013 6:36 PM by annclark Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Can anyone advise me please.

In Feb I purchased a vanity unit with a hand basin from Garcia's in Torrevieja and opted to have it installed myself.

I had to wait until I had all the required items to refit the bathroom before installation could take place.

After the vanity unit  & basin was delivered, I checked to see it was the right type and that there was no obvious signs

of damage. The unit was duly fitted, the installer did not see any damage or fault. It was only after the bathroom

was fully installed and I cleaned the basin I could see faults in the ceramic.

I contacted Garcia's on the 10th April and they got someone from the factory to call and take photo's of the

faults I have asked them to replace the unit. They tell me they are willing to change the basin, but I must uninstall it and take it to the shop.

I think they are being unreasonable as the basin was dirty and the faults only showed after cleaning.

Nobody cleans a basin before it is installed!  Does anyone know where I stand legally?

Ann Clark

Like 0      
26 Apr 2013 9:01 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Ask for and complete the 'Complaints Form’ (Even if they make promises).  

If they fulfil the promises then you do not take the complaint further,  if they don’t you do not have to wait two weeks before taking the Consumer’s Office copy to the town hall).  

It will probably work.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2013 10:29 AM by annclark Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Thank you for your reply

Do

Like 0      
26 Apr 2013 10:32 AM by annclark Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Thank you for your reply, Where do I get the complaints form from? No one speaks English in the Consumer Office in Torrevieja. Ann Clark

Like 0      
26 Apr 2013 10:47 AM by richard4848uk Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

You get the complaint form from the shop, or retailer.

They are obliged by law to have copies of this form.

HTH

Like 0      
26 Apr 2013 10:48 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

You get it from the supplier of the goods / service .

They must have it, if not call the Policia Local. They will come, fine them and close them down.

If you search you will find info on how to fill out the form.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2013 10:56 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Ann this is from a previous post pf mine.:- 

The Complaints form system is very useful, so how does it work?

The complaints form must be available in every establishment in Spain, including the police, hospitals, town halls etc.  If you ask and are told that the establishment does not have a form then call the LOCAL POLICE.  They should attend, demand the form, and if it is not supplied, issue an immediate fine and close the establishment.

The form,  comprises of three pages on sensitised paper (two are copies of the first page).  It is printed in Spanish and English.  Complete the form.  (It is debatable whether this can be done in English or of it must be in Spanish, but as it is printed in English too,  then I would give it a go in English if you cannot speak Spanish).

Printed down the long, left hand side of each page, is an instruction as to which copy is for whom. One goes the establishment complained of, the other two are kept by the person complaining. 

If after, I believe it is two working weeks (maybe ten days) you have not received satisfaction, take the copy, so marked, to the consumers office of the town hall. They will then pursue the matter.

PS I have asked for the form on a few occasions in a National Police Station on behalf of dissatisfied 'customers.'  The results have been amazing and the person who had the grievance received satisfaction each time, there and (very quickly) then.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2013 11:05 AM by annclark Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi Johnzx

Thank you so much for this information. I have not had cause to complain before and had not heard

of the complaints form system.

I will now pursue this.

Ann

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Change of Utility Provider - 2 posts
Energy performance certificate - 4 posts
Spain's Risk Premium falls and Stock Market rises - Sign of improvement? - 3 posts
FOOTBALL - La Liga - Bundesliga - Premier League ... Who Rules in European Football? - 21 posts
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for sale - practically unused! - 0 posts
Community Accounts? - 2 posts
Asset reporting - 23 posts
jetXTRA - NEW LOW COST airline to Alicante - They promise no hidden charges!! - 9 posts
alicante airport - 12 posts
Furniture storage - 4 posts
Moving to Spain, Need some advice!! - 37 posts
Condadorentals web page - 0 posts
wanted, good quality furniture and kitchen appliances - 3 posts
Phone Internet Shop Cabo Roig - 1 posts
Urgent CAR help! - 6 posts
Market at Hipodromo .. what a shambles - 4 posts
Trampolin Hills - 0 posts
static caravan - 5 posts
Selling my home bankers draft - 6 posts
AP7 TOLL FEES ESTEPONA-MALAGA AIRPORT - 5 posts
Mooving To spain - 45 posts
Mini One - 0 posts
Support a Spanish foundation crowdfunding project. - 0 posts
External wall insulation grants and loans - 0 posts
Painting Balustrades - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x