Where to buy sewing machines?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Apr 2013 8:09 PM by adam451 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi, I am looking to buy preferably a Janome sewing machine and can't seem to find anywhere that sells them here. If anyone knows of anywhere on the Costa del Sol I could get hold of one without having to order online from the UK if you could let me know that'd be great!

Like 0      
15 Apr 2013 7:57 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Bloody good question! Lidl have one this week - they and Aldi often have them, but you just can't be sure when. Carrefour have a few, although not a very good choice. Corte Ingles have a few overpriced machines. We gave up trying to find a decent make (wanted a Singer) at a decent price, and bought from Amazon.

If using Amazon UK, look for free super saver delivery. (= free delivery to Spain) If buying from Amazon.es I would recommend using a prepaid debit card if you have one, or brace yourself for being debited twice and having to wait a week or so for a refund of the second payment - amazingly, after complaining bitterly, Amazon admitted they are aware of the problem, but just don't seem to be able to figure a way around it. It's something to do with payments going through a bank outside Spain, and having to make a "test" charge on your card first. Same thing happened to me with National Geographic. (Amazon bank in Ireland, NG in Holland I think) I've heard the same thing sometimes happens with RyanAir. 

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
16 Apr 2013 7:40 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Adam,

Maybe an email, asking where in Malaga you can buy may help. 

The Janome Company email address is (Columbia) info@janome.com.co

(Maquina de coser is sewing machine). 

Another option would be to ask in  'sewing shops'.  That is the way we have located spares for my wife's industrial machines.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2013 7:24 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Not sure where John got that from, or why you'd want to contact their Columbia office, but I think you may get further with sales@janome-uk.co.uk
Just checked their website, and they don't appear to have an official distributor in Spain, though, and I think you may be better off getting it from Amazon.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
29 Aug 2015 12:28 PM by patfox Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thank you guys. Have decided that I will buy something out there. Doesn't have to be Janome when I think of it. Reason for buying same make as I use at home were the compatible feet etc., but why bother if I am going to leave it out there.

Will try the supermarkets next time.

Thanks for advice.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

EGM's - 6 posts
What is going on with card sharing? - 0 posts
New photos loaded on Camposol Community Forum Page - 3 posts
Neighbour from hell - 13 posts
Insolvency - 6 posts
upto date advice if poss please - 1 posts
belgium/french pesion? - 0 posts
Newbee!!! - 0 posts
Help!!!! UK to SPAIN. ANYONE GOT SPACE IN A VAN/LORRY????? - 4 posts
Inland Sky TV Spain - 9 posts
HELP!!!! UK to SPAIN ANY SPACE IN A VAN???? - 0 posts
latest threads first, please! - 4 posts
NEWBEE - CASTELLO AIRPORT FLIGHT PATHS - 0 posts
INHERITANCE AND STEPCHILDREN IN SPAIN - 16 posts
HELP!!!! Uk to England, Any Space In A Van/Lorry - 0 posts
Changing the way community fees are paid - 5 posts
CONGRATULATIONS KEITH - 2 posts
Junta de Andalucia - 0 posts
Brussels warns Spain of 1 billion euro sanction if they don't listen - 7 posts
New Coastline Law will save 3000 properties in Comunidad Valenciana - 0 posts
Who said, 'My UK bank will never reveal info about my account?' - 7 posts
Blue Card - 0 posts
THOUGHTS ON AYAMONTE AND COSTA DEL SOL/MIJAS AREA - 4 posts
nightclubs in los alcazares - 1 posts
HELP TRANSLATING INFORME DE CARGA PLEASE! BUYING LHD CAR IN UK - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x