Light fittings

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Thank you everyone who helped with my queries about taking a fridge to Spain from the UK.

I presume its the same with light fittings,that UK ones will be ok too.I have looked in Spain and there are some fab ones but oh so pricey and some of the others are amazingly ornate and gross beyond belief  !

I am off to John Lewis tomorrow so if someone gets a chance to let me know if UK ones will do (spotlights etc ) I would be grateful.

From someone who clearly knows zero about electrics

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 11:03 PM by Plunket Star rating in Benalmadena, Costa D.... 36 posts Send private message

Plunket´s avatar
I´m sure others will correct me if I´m wrong, but I believe that here in Spain all light bulbs are screw fitting only.  I don´t think I have ever seen a bayonet fitting here, so be sure that whatever lights you buy you are able to get bulbs for it here.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 11:39 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
It's easy enough to get hold of bulbs with bayonet fittings in the likes of Carrefour in Spain so likely anywhere but they do cost a fair bit more than the screw in EU ones. However, in the UK, lots of light fittings use the screw in bulbs. We bought table lamps & fans with lights all with screw in bulbs to take to Spain.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help with inserting photos - 6 posts
Estate agent fees - 4 posts
legalalising holiday lets - 20 posts
Very short video on driving along the N332 to Alicante airport but funny......... - 6 posts
sea fishing - 13 posts
Almunecar Car-boot Sale - 0 posts
Hi everyone, what a useful site - 4 posts
Sports for kids - 5 posts
Order of Things to do - 4 posts
The page will not fit my screen! - 5 posts
Just saying Hi - 3 posts
Cheap Flights To Alicante - 0 posts
Hello from sunny Scarborough - 29 posts
Glad i found this Site!! - 3 posts
Has anyone else lost their forums? - 15 posts
LAS NIETAS, SUCINA - 0 posts
New to Eye on Spain - 2 posts
New Irish - 9 posts
SOLICITOR FEES FOR SETTING UP UTILITY ACCOUNTS Etc - 10 posts
looking for long term rental property in costa del sol - 7 posts
HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY, EOS! - 43 posts
Calahonda area restaurants - - 5 posts
Your Help please. - 27 posts
Mazarron anyone? - 103 posts
Asturias, N332 Punta Prima, Costa Blanca - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x