Hi everyone, what a useful site

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by fern Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

My name is Sue. We have lived in Alhaurin de la torre for nearly 7 years. It's great to find a site where things can be explained clearly.

We hope someone can help us because we keep reading about new laws ref. property renting and are getting a bit jittery. We have 3 legal houses on one plot in a rural location, of which we rent out two to holidaymakers occasionally and we would like to become fully legal for tourism but don't know how to go about it.

We spoke to a gestoria yesterday and he said we just need to register with the Malaga hacienda. I already have a tax number from  previous work and have filed my tax statement for this year. We don't take much per annum - not sufficient to keep us. How much tax would we have to pay ? We wanted to be licenced, not just registered , so we could put a board near the road to direct people to us and advertise without fear of being fined. How do we go about that and is it possible to get a green grant rural tourism, to help with other things- we can run Adventure pursits from here etc., with the help of a qualified friend. We would be happy to be inspected if we knew exactly what is expected of us.

Sorry to ask so many questions straight off but my lawyer doesn't seem to know that much about it and I keep getting conflicting opinions.

Like 0      
13 Jul 2007 5:33 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Fern,

Welcome to EOS

I don't know the answer to all your questions, however, there is a couple of Lawyers on the forum.

One is Maria de Castro the other is Gerard Moran.

As I know it, you have to declare the rental to the Hacienda, less reasonable expenses.

If you send an e-mail to the site owner Justin, he may be able to give you the Lawyers e-mail addresses.

I wish you well with your business venture, it sounds very good.

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
13 Jul 2007 5:48 PM by fern Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Thanks for the welcome and the advice, Fibby.

It's not as though we haven't tried to find out things but we seem to be going round in circles as we did when we licenced our huge English mastiff - we couldn't find a straight answer from anyone and were even redirected to the hospital sanitation department once, where they thought we had been bitten by the dog ! I know my spanish is a bit caveman like " I hungry, I eat now " , but we didn't think it was that bad !

Like 0      
13 Jul 2007 5:53 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

That made me smile Fern!

The language barrier can be a prob sometimes I know!

Good luck though!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
13 Jul 2007 9:38 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Sue (fern)

I see you are Malaga area so I don't know whether Glyn, or Maria on Costa Luz, can help though it's worth an email to them. 

Glyn's details are Glyn D Gerard Moran

Partner - CB Legal & Fiscal Consultants

info@legalandfiscal.com

www.legalandfiscal.com

His website does say .. Based in Jávea / Xàbia our Partners now also work from offices in Benijofar and Los Alcazares and we have associated offices in Girona and London. In addition, we personally represent clients on the Spanish mainland, Balearic and Canary Islands and if necessary appointments can be made in the UK.

Maria's details are

Maria L. de Castro

Lawyer

http://www.costaluzlawyers.es/eng/

Good luck & welcome to our forum.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/13/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sports for kids - 5 posts
Order of Things to do - 4 posts
The page will not fit my screen! - 5 posts
Just saying Hi - 3 posts
Cheap Flights To Alicante - 0 posts
Hello from sunny Scarborough - 29 posts
Glad i found this Site!! - 3 posts
Has anyone else lost their forums? - 15 posts
LAS NIETAS, SUCINA - 0 posts
New to Eye on Spain - 2 posts
New Irish - 9 posts
SOLICITOR FEES FOR SETTING UP UTILITY ACCOUNTS Etc - 10 posts
looking for long term rental property in costa del sol - 7 posts
HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY, EOS! - 43 posts
Calahonda area restaurants - - 5 posts
Your Help please. - 27 posts
Mazarron anyone? - 103 posts
Asturias, N332 Punta Prima, Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Adorable puppies urgently need a home please - 4 posts
El Ejército del Aire - Spanish Equivalent to Red Arrows - 8 posts
DOLORES - New to the forum. - 2 posts
El Pinet update on refunds! - 7 posts
Hacienda Casares - new to site - 5 posts
La Duquesa - 1 posts
Woody - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x