Order of Things to do

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
Hi All

I have posted a few times and have had some great advice back. I have a general question about the order of things....and also when is the best and not the best time to move with Kids (3, 8 and 12)

When we move I want to make sure that I have as many things addressed before we hit the ground so we can enjoy things rather than running around..(we will end up doing that  ) ..so what can I get sorted before I arrive...what is dependent on each other and what cannot get addressed until you actually move to Spain and are resident...(I am prepared to make as many flights as necessary to get this in place before hand)

1. Bank Account
2. NIE
3. Resedencia Cert
4. Rental Agreement for a house
5. Purchase a car for delivery/pickup when I arrive
6. Registering on Padron
7. Healthcare
8. Education and placement for children in local school and (eldest child) in international school
9. Internet connection in rental house
10. Credit Card in Spain
11. Savings accounts in Spain
12. Register with a doctor (GP)

There are more than likely things that are "Must Do's" that I have not included, but you chaps have done this before and are well versed in the 'System'

I have purchased books such as "Living and working in Spain" and "You and the Law in Spain" but I cannot find a synchronous list which provides such information.

As always help very much appreciated

yours

Wannamove

Like 0      
13 Jul 2007 1:21 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi PKNOTT,

great to make a list although you may find the order in which you do things will have to be slightly jiggled.

How do you plan to gain residencia without having proof of fixed abode and proof that you have paid tax in the country,unless i have missed something you may need a slight rethink.

I would possibly put medico before credit card.

All the best with your plans but remember,there is really no point in running around you will just be passing everybody else moving at a leisurely pace,this is Spain so take a deep breath,relax and things will happen in the end.

If you need any help with any of your list post away,threre are many people on here that give free advice through experience.

Regards

Georgia 

Like 0      
13 Jul 2007 1:49 PM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
Howdy Georgia

The list was a brain dump...and a starting point so I have re-jigged it...to

NIE
Bank Account
Rental Agreement for a house
Purchase a car for delivery/pickup when I arrive
Registering on Padron
Register with a doctor (GP)
Healthcare
Education and placement for children in local school and (eldest child) in international school
Internet connection in rental house
Resedencia Cert
Credit Card in Spain
Savings accounts in Spain

NIE - I think my first place then is the NIE...I have read lots about this, but it appears that until I have an actual address I cannot get one...I also need this to purchase a car...is there anyway you can use the address of a solicitor or friend in Spain to get an NIE well in advance so I can kick off the "ordering of a new car"

Bank Account - I also believe I can open up an Account in Spain with no NIE....but it is better to do so

Education and placement for children in local school and (eldest child) in international school - Is there any strict rule on when you can or cannot regsiter your child, if you move in January can you place your child in a spanish school mid term, what paperwork is needed to register?

Thats my starting list...so many things are dependant on another being accomplished, thats where I am trying to get to...to have my cascading list that I can follow thro with.

thanks

Like 0      
13 Jul 2007 2:38 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

HI pKNOTT,

NIE  is the best start,you do not really exist in spain without one,using a friends address is fine,we always let clients use our shop address,according to the town hall there are about 56 people currently purchasing our shop with the view to moving in!

You can open an account with a passport and then change it a later date no problemo.

With the schools,most of the local schools will let you register and join mid term,midweek in fact mid day sometimes,i am not sure about the international schools as i have not had a great deal of experience with them.

To get your child into school you will need their padron,when you apply their padron will state education and health and yours will state health only.

To get your padron you will need deeds of the house if bought and rental agreement if renting,some Ayuntamiento's require a long term contract to issue a padron.

When you pick your padron up they usually tell you which school you should use (local),take the padron to the school and away you go.

When we arrived here we put our children into the shool on the following monday half way through the term,the school actually wanted them to start in the afternoon!!! school placement will depend on avaliability and area,my 4 yeard old actually goes school on the bus on her own,that would put the fear of god into a few mum's in the UK.

Hope this helps

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 6:39 PM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
Hi georgia

Many thanks, its one of those things that when you try to plan things you think about things as you do your job...organised, rushed...etc etc. I like so many others I have read about about on this forum want to make the transition smoothly into life in spain, but the more I read and investigate the more I realise that the spanish systems will blow your mind if you let them and you simply have to do what they do....relax and take it in yoru stride.

I have had some great advice from others around the padron and making sure you have all things setup before you leave, my problem is that I would leave  today...but my wife is the sensible one, so we are going to plan and prepare and make sure we do it right with money behind us, everything that we can get organised...organised

Only one question...how soon in advance can you get your NIE setup...I was looking to try and get this done in August this year....?

ta

Paul

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

The page will not fit my screen! - 5 posts
Just saying Hi - 3 posts
Cheap Flights To Alicante - 0 posts
Hello from sunny Scarborough - 29 posts
Glad i found this Site!! - 3 posts
Has anyone else lost their forums? - 15 posts
LAS NIETAS, SUCINA - 0 posts
New to Eye on Spain - 2 posts
New Irish - 9 posts
SOLICITOR FEES FOR SETTING UP UTILITY ACCOUNTS Etc - 10 posts
looking for long term rental property in costa del sol - 7 posts
HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY, EOS! - 43 posts
Calahonda area restaurants - - 5 posts
Your Help please. - 27 posts
Mazarron anyone? - 103 posts
Asturias, N332 Punta Prima, Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Adorable puppies urgently need a home please - 4 posts
El Ejército del Aire - Spanish Equivalent to Red Arrows - 8 posts
DOLORES - New to the forum. - 2 posts
El Pinet update on refunds! - 7 posts
Hacienda Casares - new to site - 5 posts
La Duquesa - 1 posts
Woody - 0 posts
Which Broadband - 3 posts
Phase Two will noty be ready by March - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x