Need help

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Dec 2012 12:35 PM by johnp-o-neill Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Hi There

Can anyone tell me how can we contact Endesagas. We only use our place about Two or Three times a year, and the last time that we went over with some friends our gas was turned off. I was so embarassed to bring friends over and you find out that there is no gas and that we can't shower. They had sent us some letters in the post which we could not get because we weren't there, and to say that they needed to service the boiler and that if they couldn't gain entry to the house that they would turn us off. We now have to go over to Spain to try and get reconnected again or maybe get rid of the natural gas and get bottle gas instead, I don't know if we are able to get bottle gas because there could be a contract with Endesagas, but I wonder if they cut us off is the contract now broken. Our area is near Jerez in Cadiz and there is no email address that we can contact someone from our bill's.

Best regards

John- Trish

Like 0      
12 Dec 2012 12:46 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

Is this usual?  Can Endesa really turn your gas off just because you're not there to have a service?  What if you're on holiday for a couple of weeks?  Do they really have the monopoly on servicing every boiler that is contracted with their gas?  If so, I would definitely change to bottled gas...if it's not too much trouble or expense.  We used it for cooking when we lived in Spain and it worked a treat!  We hid the bottles in the cupboard next to the oven so they were never seen until we took them out to reconnect new ones.  Our hot water was run on an electric heater, one of those new ones that doesn't use so much energy as older heaters.  It was a combi-boiler and we had hot water whenever we needed it and ONLY when we needed it. 

Sorry this doesn't answer your question but I think it's important to know whether Endesa has the power to cut anyone off if their boiler isn't serviced in a time decided by them.

This message was last edited by maddiemack on 12/12/2012.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2012 3:11 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Inconvenient for you,  but think of the neighbours. 

Would you be happy  to live nearby a person whose gas installation might be dangerous.

That is what the inspections are for.

And of course somewhere in the contract I am sure you will see a clause about having it serviced.   It is realty up the customer to ensure it  is done, at a time convenient to them of course, but before it is due.

Bottled  gas must also be inspected !    Although I guess few bother to get it done.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

proof of income for nie number - 3 posts
Spanish language help - 2 posts
Sabinillas area air conditioning service - 2 posts
Mugged by Spanish Taxman? Any Advice - 1 posts
My first post - 6 posts
New Condado Buyer from CAM but not had mortgage offer after 6 weeks?? - 1 posts
Best Bank for ExPats. - 7 posts
Louise Clark - 5 posts
Graphic Designers or Gifted Amateurs - 0 posts
The best accommodation at Madrid or Seville - 0 posts
Transferring National Insurance payment from UK to Spain related to Pensions - 3 posts
Paying errears using the Form 210 'La Renta' tax - 1 posts
ood Shopping/Villa Provision Service on Costa del Sol - 6 posts
At last printed off my 210 tax return using chrome - 8 posts
TRAMPOLÍN - A MONUMENTAL FRAUD - 6 posts
Please search first before posting a question - 0 posts
Driving Licence Change - David Rowe Spain - 0 posts
The unknown - 16 posts
buying a car in spain - 1 posts
is football becoming more popular or less popular in spain these years? - 1 posts
Internet Slang - 1 posts
New in the forum - 2 posts
New Group on Facebook - 1 posts
rezoning of Commercial Property to Residental use - 0 posts
Flea market at Hipodromo - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x