proof of income for nie number

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Dec 2012 11:39 AM by supremeclean1 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hello

We are trying to get an nie number but are finding it hard to show proof of income.We are coming back over to la cala this week and are putting our kids into school in la cala. when we were over there in october we went to fuengirola police station to get an nie and they asked for proof of income which is no problem.

The thing is they want a letter from my bank stating how much i earn in a year but my bank wont do this they will only give me statements.i have inland revenue tax forms bank statements and business bank statements stateing how much goes into my account so i cant see why they need a letter from my bank.

Does anyone know how i can prove to them i have enough money to live in spain with my family i.e solicitor or tax person who can verify this for me.

I have a business in england that will be my form of income while living in spain.We need this sorted quick as we cant get kids into school without the nie number and we are mioving over in a couple of days.

any help would be appreciated.

The funny thing is we only need to prove 25,000 euro a year for me my wife and 3 kids to be able to live in spain and my statements show we have this.Has anyone had to go through this ? And are there proffesional people in the la cal area that can help with this ?

Michael

This message was last edited by supremeclean1 on 12/12/2012.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2012 12:55 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I am pretty certain that if you have a bank statement which shows you have £25,000 you can use those to prove you wealth. 

When you go to the police station, speak to the Spanish police staff, not the volunteer who works at the help desk. 

NB   In passing. If you live in Spain, i.e. children go to school here, it is almost certain that you must pay tax on your worldwide assets as you will be resident in Spain, thus your UK business.

Under the double taxation agreement you cannot chose where you pay.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2012 2:13 PM by supremeclean1 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

thanks for this.

yes i know about having to pay my tax in spain and not the uk.

i did talk to the police people there we cued for 3 hours and she said we need a letter not statement from the bank.

Like 0      
16 Mar 2013 5:30 PM by fyfin Star rating in Turre Almeria. 54 posts Send private message

fyfin´s avatar

I know this is an old thread but just in case this is a help, here is our experience in proving income.

We had a P60 from HMRC which was my wife's pension and would have satisfied their minimum requirements for a couple bur Guess What, they wanted it translated into Spanish officially with a Traductor-Intérprete Jurado . The P60 is so simple I can't see why it needs translated as it is fairly obvious and the S1 forms we presented didn't need to be translated.

Nothing else was of any use either, Spanish bank statement didn't have enough income entries on it, but in fact the 2 regular transfer entried were just cash paid in by me and having been told that it would be a good idea to ask them to put "Pension" in the comment when paid in I had done that.

The problem is that my four little annuities / pensions (and I do there is a significant difference tax wise) are paid into my UK bank and we just transfer money to the Spanish bank when we need it. The copies of the UK bank statement showing regular income for 4 months again were of no use to them.

So a bit of a wasted journey but we have 10 days to return and it looks like the best bet will be an official translation of a letter from our joint a/c showing my wife's regular pension income and possibly her P60 both translated although my income in total is higher. The "nice" lady told us that joint income of €8,513.26 is satisfactory for a couple and my wif'e's pension just about makes that.

Now, I know of others who have just has regular monthly funds transferred from a UK bank and called it pension and then had a certified statement from the Spanish bank and all went OK , BUT, my point is that if you are supposed to sign on the Foreigner's List when you spend more than 3 months in Spain , then why should you be expected to present them with a bank statement showing regular monthly income for more than those 3 months. And, it would be really easy to fool them, even by borrowing money and paying it in just to satisfy the requirements!

As you can guess I am a little miffed but I can understand bureaucracy and I suppose they work to a rigid framework but in our case common sense should have told them we're not here to scrounge of the Spanish welfare system.

After our first attempt on 18th January 2013 we finally picked up our little cards (plastic film on one side but the guy put the film on the back by mistake lol) yesterdsy 2 months later. I pestered them every week by email and I think I wore them down.

I would advise anyone to speak to a Gestor as we found out afterwards if you have enough in your bank for one years worth of income apparently that will satisfy them, or have regular transfers over a period of 5 or  6 months but a statement is no good. They want some sort of letter from your Spanish bank only and no-one seems to know what this letter should say (including ourt bank). Anyway we were everntually successful here in Almeria but who knows what other regions require.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish language help - 2 posts
Sabinillas area air conditioning service - 2 posts
Mugged by Spanish Taxman? Any Advice - 1 posts
My first post - 6 posts
New Condado Buyer from CAM but not had mortgage offer after 6 weeks?? - 1 posts
Best Bank for ExPats. - 7 posts
Louise Clark - 5 posts
Graphic Designers or Gifted Amateurs - 0 posts
The best accommodation at Madrid or Seville - 0 posts
Transferring National Insurance payment from UK to Spain related to Pensions - 3 posts
Paying errears using the Form 210 'La Renta' tax - 1 posts
ood Shopping/Villa Provision Service on Costa del Sol - 6 posts
At last printed off my 210 tax return using chrome - 8 posts
TRAMPOLÍN - A MONUMENTAL FRAUD - 6 posts
Please search first before posting a question - 0 posts
Driving Licence Change - David Rowe Spain - 0 posts
The unknown - 16 posts
buying a car in spain - 1 posts
is football becoming more popular or less popular in spain these years? - 1 posts
Internet Slang - 1 posts
New in the forum - 2 posts
New Group on Facebook - 1 posts
rezoning of Commercial Property to Residental use - 0 posts
Flea market at Hipodromo - 6 posts
From Thailand to Spain. Good idea or not? - 41 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x