Electricity Supplier takes over without contract!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Oct 2012 3:06 PM by funinthesun63 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if any other community has heard of the same situation.  Recently our community electricity supply which was previously with Iberdrola/Union Fenosa was taken over by a company called Escandinavia de Electricidad.  Nobody knew anything about this until the company asked for payment for four months  supply of electricity.  The administrators refused to pay because there was  allegedly no contract and no invoice produced by this company.  As a result of no payment being received the company cut off the supply and refused to reconnect until full payment was received.  The administrators state that they still haven't received a contract or invoice and taking this company to court would be a waste of time as they will probably produce a contract at the court hearing.

Any advise greatfully received.

Like 0      
19 Oct 2012 4:16 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Are you talking supply to the community areas or to individual properties

Are your properties on individual supplies, do you have contracts with the local suppliers

If you are on what is termed builders supply it is actually ilegal to disconnect the supply then in Spain, especially if there is no contract in place and what the administrator should be doing, or you can also do,  is going to the Police to take out a denouncia against the company, not waiting to go to Court

On other developments people have been arrested for this practice

i

Like 0      
20 Oct 2012 6:15 PM by funinthesun63 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi inspectahomespain

I'm talking about supply to the communal areas.  Our comunity has been up and running for around tenyears and this is the first time anything like this has happened.

Like 0      
20 Oct 2012 6:18 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Then this is absolutely the responsibility of the administrator and they need to get their finger out and it is totally legal for the supplier to change names and company and all they need to do is visit their offices to sort this out

Like 0      
21 Oct 2012 9:45 AM by funinthesun63 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

So are you saying that Iberdrola and Union Fenosa can just sell on our electricity supply to another company without a contract being signed by the President.?

Like 0      
21 Oct 2012 10:02 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Yes they can, normally if a company aquires a business they will transfer all of the contracts, as part of the agreement, and the supply just continues as normal, for example in the Murcia area wher I am the same thing happened with gas and all that changed was the name of the top of the bill

They don't have to ask for permission form the consumers to sell their business or even get new contracts signed, especially if the terms do not change

I would expcet that the supply terms will remain the same

What isn't acceptable is as stated that you are not receiving bills, but again this is very normal in Spain which is why the administrators need to actually visit the suppliers offices to resolve this matter

Chances are they will will also make a charge to re-connect the power

Like 0      
21 Oct 2012 10:36 AM by funinthesun63 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

The company that has taken over is based in Barcelona and has no local offices. Is it worth tring to get information of take over from Iberdrola/Union Fenosa.  What I still don't understand is why these two big companies would pass on the supply to a smaller company.  There has been no other community in the area that this has happened to.  It just doesn't make sense!!

Like 0      
21 Oct 2012 4:21 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

One question. Were the other Electric company billing for the same period?

Juan

Like 0      
21 Oct 2012 6:25 PM by funinthesun63 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Driving Conditions to Santander in February - 4 posts
Should it be illegal to film or photograph police officers? - 24 posts
Cockroaches! Thank God they've gone! - 31 posts
Spain cracking down on prostitution! - 22 posts
Advice on Solicitors - Cash Purchase - 14 posts
Now thats a good idea - 0 posts
Wanted: Wendy house or similar for children's Christmas present - 0 posts
Tarmacking or concreting a track - 8 posts
heating - 14 posts
newbie - 1 posts
Freelance work in my spare time whilst employed. - 5 posts
Badminton courts - 0 posts
Cravendale Milk - 3 posts
need some advice - 2 posts
To Mortgage or Not to Mortgage - 29 posts
HELP ringing a Spanish mobile - 3 posts
balay appliance engineer - 0 posts
setting up a uk company - 5 posts
Travel insurance for the elderly - 2 posts
Good home study/self study courses - 8 posts
Not available to Spain! - 4 posts
My Little Sat-Nav - 0 posts
Fifty Shades of Oh My Gawd.... - 6 posts
calibration confusion - 0 posts
The Best & Worst of Spain - 47 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x