Driving Conditions to Santander in February

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Oct 2012 11:31 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

We are planning to drive from Playa Flamenca (south of Alicante) to Santander in February to catch the boat back to the UK. Has anyone done the journey at that time of the year? Were there any problems with the roads, snow and so on? We are also planning coming back in February with a different car, just to make sure we are legal in Spain. Current car needs a MOT early March. thanks Kevin

Like 0      
19 Oct 2012 1:21 PM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

Hi, We have driven from Andalucia to Santander during February on several occasions and not encountered any problems.  Weather in northern Spain can be grim at that time of year, but you'll need to keep abreast of the weather reports.  Tina

Like 0      
19 Oct 2012 1:49 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I have made that trip in the winter, before the motorways were up to the standard they are now,  but I needed snow chains.

Like 0      
19 Oct 2012 1:53 PM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

We've never needed snow chains and drive a normal car.... luck of the draw I guess.

Like 0      
19 Oct 2012 5:05 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

We have done the journey several times in February without problem and without snow chains. The roads were kept clear of snow by the ploughs on the one time that it was actually snowing and it didn't hold us up at all. It was cold though!

Mike

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Should it be illegal to film or photograph police officers? - 24 posts
Cockroaches! Thank God they've gone! - 31 posts
Spain cracking down on prostitution! - 22 posts
Advice on Solicitors - Cash Purchase - 14 posts
Now thats a good idea - 0 posts
Wanted: Wendy house or similar for children's Christmas present - 0 posts
Tarmacking or concreting a track - 8 posts
heating - 14 posts
newbie - 1 posts
Freelance work in my spare time whilst employed. - 5 posts
Badminton courts - 0 posts
Cravendale Milk - 3 posts
need some advice - 2 posts
To Mortgage or Not to Mortgage - 29 posts
HELP ringing a Spanish mobile - 3 posts
balay appliance engineer - 0 posts
setting up a uk company - 5 posts
Travel insurance for the elderly - 2 posts
Good home study/self study courses - 8 posts
Not available to Spain! - 4 posts
My Little Sat-Nav - 0 posts
Fifty Shades of Oh My Gawd.... - 6 posts
calibration confusion - 0 posts
The Best & Worst of Spain - 47 posts
Furniture pack/furnishings required soon - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x