does anyone know the location?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by carol06 Star rating in carrickfergus n.i.. 22 posts Send private message

carol06´s avatar

Hi we are buying a polaris world apartment and our daughter would like to get married in Mar Menor next year as her boyfriends mother moved to Spain in the New Year.  It doesn't  easy, but perhaps there is someone out there who could help with Flowers, Photos, Entertainment, Cake etc.  

Look forward to any help.

Carol

Like 0      
01 Jul 2007 6:19 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

My next door neighbours, resident in Spain, got married last year.  They told me that you have to be resident in Spain for 2 years before you can undergo a marriage ceremony unless the person she is marrying is a Spanish national.  A religious ceremony in Spain is not recognised in UK unless a civil ceremony also takes place.  She will require a copy of her passport, birth certificate, certificate of residency and proof of single status (the last can be obtained for the British consulate and is in the form of a sworn affidavit) and all documents must be translated into Spanish.

Alternatively, she can get married in a registry office in UK and have the wedding blessed in Spain.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2007 6:32 PM by carol06 Star rating in carrickfergus n.i.. 22 posts Send private message

carol06´s avatar
thank you, that confirms everthing for us, Their friend is coming out to perform the wedding, but looks like we need to complete everything here and blessing out there.  Heading out in July for a week and don't want to spend the whole time running around.  Lucky you getting to move out for good. 

Like 0      
01 Jul 2007 9:23 PM by 8yewtree Star rating in San Cayetano, Murcia.... 316 posts Send private message

8yewtree´s avatar

When we got married a few years ago, we wanted to get married in Spain and it proved to be too much hassle and far too time consuming. We decided instead to go to Gibraltar. The laws are the same as here.

We, and all our family & friends, stayed in CDS we went down the day before and the rest of the party came on the morning of the wedding. It was great as everyone could take advantage of the true duty free status of Gib. After a few drinks we then went back to CDS late afternoon to have dinner in a traditional Spanish restaurant.

It was extremely relaxed, very easy to organise and good value for money.

Good luck for the future.

Donna

Like 0      
02 Jul 2007 8:34 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Only problem with your solution Donna is that 99% of the time its so overcast in Gib the photos wont come out!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
02 Jul 2007 11:56 PM by carol06 Star rating in carrickfergus n.i.. 22 posts Send private message

carol06´s avatar
thanks Donna, i see you are another one who is lucky enough to move to Murica which is the area Julie wants to get married.  I just have no idea of costs over there ie would flowers,cake etc be the same sort of price. I think you are right it seems a lot of hassle. Had to laugh though at smily ,the only time i was in gib it rained all day and cloud so low we didnt go up the rock.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2007 12:16 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Carol

Getting married on the Mar menor would be lovely. Have you thought of what sort of venue you would like? The yacht club in Santiago looks very nice but haven't ventured in yet, not sure if it's members only but will have a look next time we are over. just a suggestion.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2007 6:42 PM by carol06 Star rating in carrickfergus n.i.. 22 posts Send private message

carol06´s avatar
Hi We dont know the area at all.  Only Polaris world, so was thinking of the intercontential hotel at polaris,  or even the beach club that is now opened.  Its all the daughers ideas will be over in July so was hoping to check as many options as possible then.  Thank you for yours and we will certainly have a look, it sounds as if it would make a lovely setting.   Carol    

Like 0      
04 Jul 2007 8:34 PM by 8yewtree Star rating in San Cayetano, Murcia.... 316 posts Send private message

8yewtree´s avatar

Smiley, you're right about the weather in Gib.....but the sun shines on the righteous.... and we had a glorious, hot & sunny day. We're even wearing sunglasses on the photos!

Donna

Like 0      
04 Jul 2007 10:23 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Carol,

The intercontinental hotel is beautiful. We rented there while waiting for our place to be completed. We had dinner there on the opening night. It was lovely. That would be a really beautiful venue for a wedding. There is a spa there too. I am presuming you do mean polaris in Torre Pacheco?

Like 0      
05 Jul 2007 1:21 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
PM me regarding wedding cake if you still need one.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Did you know that your Pet can travel on the same Thomsonfly flight that you are taking? - 6 posts
Buying dogs in Spain - 3 posts
Long Term Rental needed in Playa Flamenca area - 1 posts
Floods in UK - 2 posts
Stamp Out The Bully’s! - 0 posts
any help please - 7 posts
New roundabout - Leaving Torreveija town N332 - Cartegena direction - 7 posts
long term property wanted for rent - 1 posts
NIE Meet in Torrevieja - 3 posts
Directions - 9 posts
looking for someone to take over our client transfer business - 0 posts
Overseas Property Web Sites Buyer - 0 posts
Overseas Property Web Site Buyer - 4 posts
Dream Hills II - R2 - Plots 123-197 - 0 posts
Prices dropping to realistic levels - 6 posts
WANTED - Long-Term Rental Playa Golf II - 5 posts
Passports free to anyone born on or before September 2, 1929. - 0 posts
id card - 2 posts
Tax on Rental Income / advice please - 1 posts
A question about ToysRUs in Malaga - 0 posts
Any recommendations for places to stay in Seville? - 5 posts
Transport & Removals - 1 posts
alistair messenger - 3 posts
LAWYERS COSTS IN SPAIN - 7 posts
off plan build - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x