I´m a Spaniard living in Málaga town. Last year I when to Seville for a weekend with some friends from Barcelone. Instead of staying at a hotel, pension or similar, we decided to rent an apartment directly from an owner living himself next door, which resulted to be an excellent option because:
- Price was very good.
- The apartment was very clean and tidy as that family clean it themselves like if it were his home.
- In general the owners lives in the area, so if any problem of any kind arises during your stay they will normally help you (I can asure you Seville people is one of the most friendly and helpfull of Andalucia, which is almost to say of all Spain).
- You can negociate prices depending of how many you are, day of the week you are staying, etc. This is because Seville is a very touristic city, with many hotels, but summer is extremely hot (take care during your stay in July! :-), so many apartments may be free (high season in Seville town is Easter and the Feria, not especially July!
- The are many websites with properties to rent for a few days directly by the owner. Some of them with English language option. The apartment we stayed at was small, not suitable for 5 people, but I remember I contacted in the website: www.homelidays.com (hope no problem EOS webmaster for this publicity? thanks :-))-
- Look for something maximun 15 minutes walking to what is considered the Town Centre. Some owner can offer parking space if you need it.