Floods in UK

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jun 2007 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

It is terrible what people are experiencing in certain areas, isn't it ? We live high up in the SW & are not affected, thank God. Hope you are all safe & well.

From SKY..

Hundreds of Britons have had their lives upturned by devastating floods.

Here, a woman leaves her house as waters rise in Toll Bar near Doncaster, South Yorkshire.

Below:  Workers try to fend off the floods at Bentley, near Doncaster

Below: Firefighters in Treeton near Sheffield

Unknown:

Like 0      
01 Jul 2007 5:27 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Am reluctantly in England........................should have gone home to Spain 26 June but unforseen circumstanses forced us to stay till 4 July. it has rained every day we have been here except for one. We have not actually been in any of the flooded areas but were going to visit Sheffield where I come from but could not because of the water.
It is really awful here and i have great sympathy for those involved in the flooding.
What I don't understand is how Sheffield was flooded.............................I lived there as a kid and I've never known it happen before in my 60 years.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
01 Jul 2007 8:39 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 302 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Hi Karensun,

I live in Rotherham and tried to get to Beighton, two hours later I arrived back home having been turned round about 1 mile from Beighton, nearly all of the local roads were closed because of flooding.  The M1 has been closed from Jct 32 to 35 in case the dam wall at Ulley reservoir collapsed and according to the local paper a wall of water 8 feet high and weighing half a million tons would have swept the M1 away.

I sometimes work in Manchester and it took me 2 and a half hours to get from Rotherham to the start of the Stocksbridge by pass so I could go over the woodhead.  Still.....there's the rest of the summer to look forward to.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Stamp Out The Bully’s! - 0 posts
any help please - 7 posts
New roundabout - Leaving Torreveija town N332 - Cartegena direction - 7 posts
long term property wanted for rent - 1 posts
NIE Meet in Torrevieja - 3 posts
Directions - 9 posts
looking for someone to take over our client transfer business - 0 posts
Overseas Property Web Sites Buyer - 0 posts
Overseas Property Web Site Buyer - 4 posts
Dream Hills II - R2 - Plots 123-197 - 0 posts
Prices dropping to realistic levels - 6 posts
WANTED - Long-Term Rental Playa Golf II - 5 posts
Passports free to anyone born on or before September 2, 1929. - 0 posts
id card - 2 posts
Tax on Rental Income / advice please - 1 posts
A question about ToysRUs in Malaga - 0 posts
Any recommendations for places to stay in Seville? - 5 posts
Transport & Removals - 1 posts
alistair messenger - 3 posts
LAWYERS COSTS IN SPAIN - 7 posts
off plan build - 2 posts
calanova grand golf - 0 posts
URGENT, GLASS SHOP OR MAN TO FIT NEEDED,? - 3 posts
spanish bank account - 11 posts
WE BOUGHT A PROPERTY WITHOUT BANK GUARANTEE WHAT CAN WE DO - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x