Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Sep 2012 11:59 AM by MARIALUISA Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

I am spanish woman and I live in Spain.

I want to relocate in UK 

I saw this website and I want to tell you if you are interested in to ask me any question about Spain, I am here.

Regards,

This message was last edited by MARIALUISA on 08/09/2012.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2012 11:22 AM by seaviewgirl Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi there can I ask do u have children? And is Spain a good safe country to raise happy healthy children?

Like 0      
10 Sep 2012 12:28 PM by MARIALUISA Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi seaviewgirl

Yes, I have a daughter (she is 3 years old). Depends the area, of course, but Spain is a safe country. The crimen rate is low and if you can to choose, I recommend a city in Costa Blanca. Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia...is a big city and it's more easy to find bad persons (the same in other countries, hehe)...it's more safe and happy to live in a small city (- 100.000 population).

I recommend Costa Blanca (I live in El Campello near of Alicante). El Campello, Santa Pola, Guardamar.... are a good towns with beaches, schools, parks....

Torrevieja I don't recommend.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2012 1:34 PM by seaviewgirl Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Thank you for your reply! Can I ask what is on offer as regards schools and after school activities in your area and what do Spanish children do to pass the time? Children here tend to sit in the house watching telly or on the computer as its too miserable to be outside!! Thanks

Like 0      
10 Sep 2012 2:58 PM by MARIALUISA Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi again.

The TV and videogames are a problem in Spain too hahahaha it is a worlwide problem.

In Spain, depends the city because here, in El Campello (for example ) the weather is nice but in Leon or Soria has cold temperatures in winter. 

The children, normally have activities "extraescolares", pre-sports, artistic gym, judo, football, dance.... a lot of people do that after school timeable, and to play at the park.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2012 4:42 PM by seaviewgirl Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Thank you it's great to get info! My husband works away from home and would continue to do this! how would it be for a parent being in their own there a lot of the time and is it easy to make friends? Are Spanish people excepting of Irish english to their land? I am learning Spanish And finding it difficult how hard would it be to get by on very little, sorry for all the questions I have had a look at El Campello and looks very nice!

Like 0      
10 Sep 2012 4:53 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

Hi Maria...

When  are you looking to relocate to the UK?  Do you have a job to go to and a place to stay?  Where we live, I wish we could find a Spanish person to help us with learning the language properly with the right pronunciation!

Like 0      
11 Sep 2012 10:31 AM by MARIALUISA Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Don't worry for the questions, I want to help you.

seaviewgirl. The spanish people, normally, they are friendly people. It is easy to make a friends. In Campello for example, there are a lot of people from UK.

About the spanish language, it is a easy language only you need to practice.

About you seaviewgirl and maddiemack I am Spanish doing (finishing) a course for to be a teacher of spanish for foreigners. I can to teach you.

maddiemack I want to relocate before february 2013 but I think it's difficult. I need to sell or rent my apartment in Spain. But I hope to do it soon....About the job, I have not job yet in UK, it is impossible to find a job from here, but I hope to find when I relocate. I am future spanish teacher and secretary customer service, and I have experience than waitress and I have knowledge than nursery support. And my husband is doing course of mediterranean cook.

This message was last edited by MARIALUISA on 11/09/2012.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2012 11:33 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

Hi Maria Luisa.  Welcome to Eye on Spain.

We actually have another Maria Luisa on the site, Maria Luisa de Castro.  She's a lawyer that helps a lot of people here.

Are you looking to go to the UK because you can't find a job here?  It seems the job situation in Spain is still getting worse and many Spaniards are now going abroad to find work.

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
13 Sep 2012 10:03 AM by MARIALUISA Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi jaldridge

Yes, I have a job in Spain but bad salary and the situation here, in Spain, for spanish people, it is expensive. For example, 2.50 eur a beer when the hour paid is up 3.00 eur....it is not a good life for us.

This is the problem. The situation for foreigns is good because it is the moment for to come here, to buy, to rent to stay in Spain because normally, in other countries of Europe the salary is better than Spain, so, it is possible to live here with this salary or this pension. And here, there is a tourism so, there are jobs for foreigns (from Britain, Norway, Ireland, Germany...).

I hope when I finished the course of teach of spain for foreing and my husband finished the course than chef/cook we can to find a job. And we can to rent or buy my beautiful flat.

I hope that. 

Like 0      
13 Sep 2012 3:30 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

It is tough here at the moment.

Best of luck with your plans and hope you find something good in the UK.

Let us know how you all get on.

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What's long term - 3 posts
- 0 posts
Spanish Citizenship Interview Questions - 7 posts
music teacher - 0 posts
Movistar - 2 posts
HIRING A CAR FROM MALAGA AIRPORT - 6 posts
Were we wrong to move to Spain? Should we have gone to France instead? - 38 posts
Wot no heating?? - 61 posts
Looking for a Community Administrator - 2 posts
change community status - 1 posts
Form 210 - 1 posts
change community status - 0 posts
TEFL or equivalent English teacher wanted - 0 posts
Easyjet introduce allocated seating - 19 posts
Delicious, exciting and easy food, from an english girl...in spain - 0 posts
Wanted: experiences with the Spanish property market - 0 posts
parking in Ikea and then getting tram into Murcia - 1 posts
Can I fly back from holiday with cigarette? - 8 posts
Unsure where to put this, Avalon Funeral Plans in the News!!!!!!! - 7 posts
IS IT LEGAL FOR DEVELOPER TO SELL A PROPERTY THAT YOU HAVE A LEGAL AND FINANCIAL INTEREST? - 0 posts
Wanted Long Term Rental in Murcia - 1 posts
Should you pay a speeding fine from Spain once you're back in the UK? - 153 posts
Areas of Spain that have the nicer weather in early October? - 19 posts
Hopeing to move to Spain - 8 posts
What causes fire? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x