Has anyone used Europa Network for internet and UK TV?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Sep 2013 4:00 PM by televisiontechnology Star rating in Costa Blanca South. 165 posts Send private message

I know this is about Europa - though also a little mention to Movistar. A client of ours advised us that he had paid for 10 meg DL & asked us if this was sufficient for IPTV, which the answer is yes. Upon supplying IPTV harware it was then found to be 2 - 2.5 & also seemed to drop below this. When he complained to Movistar, he go the standard    'UP TO 10 meg' line and a smile. Paid for 10, get 2 - 2.5 and sometimes below this.

Ideally you need to see if it's possible to either not have a 'tied in contract' or some assurance of a reasonable level of performance before signing on the dotted line - as IPTV simply will not be stable. The minimum may be 2 meg DL, but it gives you no margin for drop off.

One of the fastest local reception methods is via satellite internet - the problem is though it is not the cheapest system to install and unlimited data costs €75 - €100 per month (depending on package - you can also stop & start) - but which ever way you look at it, it's costly, though you get 20 meg DL speeds. Unfortunatelty, for most this is presently not economical enough to justify for TV.

The problem seems to be one of continually infrastructure:

If you choose a landline provider (if possible) this offers the best threoretical stability and usually speed. But if far from exchange & old system - then speeds are comical. In our village population 600 - Telefonica 1 meg hard wire internet. Useless and embarassing from a telecommunications giant.

The microwave rebroadcasters try to plug in the gaps of the landline providers as lines not available everywhere. SO Europa, Eurona, Ole, Teleast and quite a few others use microwave transmitters - but then have quite a variable performance based on how far you are from their transmitters (as well as line of sight for antenna) and also their own networks were never really designed for the demands that IPTV brings.

I once had a meeting with one former owner of one of these service providers, on discussing IPTV 2 or so years ago, he said they 'dreaded' the potential situation with IPTV and felt at the time if more people used these systems it would bring their network to almost a standstill. He also stated they may well start throttle data allowance if they found these systems dragging their main network.  I belive this is this case alsready with some service providers, people may find - they do a speedtest on their computer, but when trying IPTV at peak times, speed / performance may change.

Again may be an idea for those considering a new or change of provider, to ask the question about the use of IPTV on their system - as well as speaking to a neighbour ot two about what they use.

This message was last edited by televisiontechnology on 22/09/2013.

www.televisiontechnology.eu - Satellite TV, network telecomms, IPTV & community support.

www.facebook.com/televisiontechnology

Like 1      
30 Sep 2013 2:03 PM by chrispolop Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

In May 2010 whilst living at a different address, I ordered an ADSL and Telephone Line from Europa Network. I had expressly confirmed both verbally and in writing to Europa Network that I did not want any dealings with Telefonica what so ever due to passed experiences. I was assured in writing from Europa Network that once the telephone line had been installed I would have no dealings with telefonica.

In March 2013 I ordered an ADSL and Telephone line from Europa Network. I again stated my express wish of having no dealings with Telefonica.

The Europa Network sales representative failed to fully explain the FULL facts and relevent procedures prior to installation in March 2013 and I have been lumbered with a telefonica line and contiuously billed directly by Telefonica.

I complained in writing to Europa Network immediately and to date I have received nothing but “bully boy” tactics from Europa Network and I have been sent emails demanding monies for cancellation fee,s and they now tell me it is MY responsibility to cancel the line with Telefonica.

Their customer services department is atrocious beyond belief and they certainly have no idea of “customer relations”.

I would advise anyone to avoid Europa Network if you want a care free no hassle ADSL and Telephone system.

Like 1      
08 Nov 2013 4:35 PM by Travlur Star rating in Galicia Spain / Vale.... 34 posts Send private message

Travlur´s avatar

I hereby recind everything nice I had to say about Europa Network. Be aware of what they do before you sign up with them.
My last invoice from them included a charge for a so called "Catch Up Service", €12.95
Here are the emails between myself and Europa; you be the judge;** EDITED - Against forum rules **
I have done this in chronological order;

Hello
What is this "catchup service"
Catchup Service
01/10/2013 to 31/10/2013
RSVP
Mark

Good afternoon Mark
Thank you for your email
I can confirm our catch up services in on our TV services you can scroll back to watch any channel up to 14 days
Kind regards
Dawn Crease
Customer Services

Hello
I did not order this.
I do not want this.
Please do not charge me for this or we will have a bitter disagreement.
Please confirm.
RSVP
Mark

If no immediate refund (today), I will instruct my lawyers to deal with it, and warn others on the various forums.

At this point I received a phone call from them, claiming they had sent me an email which stated that if I did not reply and say "I do not want it", I would thereafter be subscribed to this worthless rip-ff service. Thing is; a) I did not receive an email, b) this form of contract is not lawful (people need to say "I want it") .

Next email

Good afternoon Mr Austin
I can confirm i have sent your query over to our administration team with regards to a credit for the catch up TV, they will look in to your query as soon as they can
Kind regards
Dawn Crease
Customer Services

Dawn
It is not a query, it is formal demand for an immediate refund or face the consequences.
I recommend you get your MD involved immediately.
What you have done is disgusting and unlawful, if not illegal.
How dare you take my money without my permission for something I do not want and never agreed to.
Again,l the money had better be back in my account tonight, or tomorrow you will see a series of warnings on the Internet.
After that, I will give it to my lawyer in Spain.
Mark

No refund, no response.

I challenge their MD to come here and answer this assertions; Europa Networks,** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/9/2013 5:37:00 PM.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2013 9:43 PM by baabaabing Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

Oh Mark,

It’s called, 'Stone walling'

Please don’t waste your money on a lawyer. They will not budge, you will run out of money first as they have stacks. I was also helped by the very charming Dawn Crease, until she decided to tell me that, 'as I hadn’t returned their router within the time frame I wasn’t going to be reimbursed for the router that they told me to go out and purchase' News to me? Re: a) returning the router? b) What specified time? Bearing in mind this due to the fact they couldn’t follow simple instructions when it came to delivery so they advised me to buy my own router and we will reimburse you post haste. I was, like you, put on the complaints shelf, after writing countless emails still waiting for a reply since I last wrote in here.

Remember the quickest form of advertising is ‘word of mouth’ so simply tell all your true stories and wait until it goes viral.

I rest my case.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2013 8:08 AM by Travlur Star rating in Galicia Spain / Vale.... 34 posts Send private message

Travlur´s avatar

I understand what it is called.

However, what they did is criminal, and criminal complaints are free. OK, I pay a lawyer to submit it, but the rest is all karma. I may be able to have their licenses revoked, their merchant processing account suspended. I might be able to effectively put them out of business.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2013 8:49 AM by televisiontechnology Star rating in Costa Blanca South. 165 posts Send private message

The Spanish legal system for this type of thing is very slow & in many instances not sure the lawyers are any less crooked than the people you are suing.

Many of these companies do pick up business on the internet, so if you do want to to let people know - it's good to do as you currently are - put your story on as many forums as you can & let people know what type of company they are.

Many of these telecommunications companies are far from whiter, than white. Getting something done about it legally, is a different story entirely.

They couldn't even shut down or make arrests against Torresat / Ole for digging up  6 1/2 km's of road to install cables they had no permission for. Local politicians - unbelievable. 

www.televisiontechnology.eu - Satellite TV, network telecomms, IPTV & community support.

www.facebook.com/televisiontechnology

Like 0      
09 Nov 2013 12:15 PM by baabaabing Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

Well Mark, ** EDITED - Inciting **
Not to mention you'll wreck your karma by engaging in conflict, believe me when I say 'karma' will take care of Europa itself, which is how karma works,and not with your influential input.
I realise you'll get the hump for what I've said, one thing we can all agree on is that they are ridiculously unscrupulous and maybe in a former business they were all in the timeshare/ holiday ownership industry.
Word!

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/9/2013 5:24:00 PM.

Like 1      
09 Nov 2013 1:13 PM by Travlur Star rating in Galicia Spain / Vale.... 34 posts Send private message

Travlur´s avatar

** EDITED - Against forum rules- Inciting **

** EDITED - Against forum rules- Inciting **

This message was last edited by Travlur on 09/11/2013.

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/9/2013 5:21:00 PM.

Like 1      
09 Nov 2013 2:10 PM by baabaabing Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules-Inciting another member **
I live in Manhattan BTW
adiós por ahora

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/9/2013 5:20:00 PM.

Like 1      
09 Nov 2013 2:13 PM by Travlur Star rating in Galicia Spain / Vale.... 34 posts Send private message

Travlur´s avatar

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/9/2013 5:24:00 PM.

Like 1      
09 Nov 2013 2:35 PM by baabaabing Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Inciting**

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/9/2013 5:26:00 PM.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2013 2:42 PM by Travlur Star rating in Galicia Spain / Vale.... 34 posts Send private message

Travlur´s avatar

** EDITED - Inciting **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/9/2013 5:27:00 PM.

Like 1      
09 Nov 2013 2:58 PM by baabaabing Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

** EDITED - inciting **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/9/2013 5:28:00 PM.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2013 3:11 PM by Travlur Star rating in Galicia Spain / Vale.... 34 posts Send private message

Travlur´s avatar

** EDITED - inciting **

This message was last edited by Travlur on 09/11/2013.

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/9/2013 5:29:00 PM.

Like 1      
09 Nov 2013 3:30 PM by baabaabing Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

** EDITED - inciting **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/9/2013 5:30:00 PM.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2013 3:56 PM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

Ha ha ha whilst the children are squabbling in the playground over whose more rude, I need sat tv but I dont think I will use Europa Network. I think this was the base ofvthe argument.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2013 5:10 PM by baabaabing Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

You see how any news is good news.
Our first save, brilliant.
Watch this space Europa Network.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2013 5:32 PM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

I just love these forums

Like 0      
09 Nov 2013 5:34 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Well, it looks like some of you have been having fun! You all know the forum rules so please abide by them and stay on the topic of the thread. DO NOT RETALIATE WITH ABUSE. Please report it and we will take the necessary measures.

If this discussion line continues we will close down the thread.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2013 5:35 PM by baabaabing Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Inciting ** Watch this space for simply saying the above:)
If your ever in Manhattan shout out.

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/9/2013 5:39:00 PM.

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Persiana Repairs - 4 posts
Hello from Spain - 5 posts
Problems with living in Spain - 21 posts
Reporting Crimes (telephone service) - 0 posts
Shere Punjab (Delhi Chownk) Pueblo Principe - 0 posts
Living Hell in Paradise - 13 posts
quadbike mechanic - 0 posts
Tower Fan for sale - 0 posts
Pool Usage and President Powers - 12 posts
Renting a sub-standard property - How do we stand? - 13 posts
insurance - 1 posts
Friends needed - 1 posts
Capital Gains Tax - 0 posts
Water boletin change of name - 1 posts
insurance - 4 posts
downloading kindle books onto computer - 5 posts
Credit card PINs - 0 posts
Dickmanns car hire Murcia - 19 posts
Residencia or NOT - 4 posts
Hello Everyone - 0 posts
Buying a camper van; Spain v UK? - 7 posts
moving to ciudad quesada - 3 posts
Buy a new car in Spain [NOT SECONDHAND] - 0 posts
Clubs to join in the Manilva district. - 2 posts
BE HONEST...Would you stay in Spain if it wasn't for the weather? - 244 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 93

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x