Has anyone used Europa Network for internet and UK TV?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Nov 2013 5:39 PM by baabaabing Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/9/2013 5:46:00 PM.

Like 0      
11 Nov 2013 12:02 PM by Travlur Star rating in Galicia Spain / Vale.... 34 posts Send private message

Travlur´s avatar

No answer from them (perhaps they have many complaints at this time over this "Catch Up Service Charge")

Bank direct debit in favour of Europa Network cancelled

I will only pay Europa manually from now on, and I will deduct the illegally made deduction they took from my account on the next bill. If they cancel / suspend my account, I will file the criminal complaint against them and complain to Movistar about their agent's conduct, and simply go elsewhere. Our property in Spain is only for occasional use and tax purposes. So we can not be easily intimidated with threats of loss of service.

WARNING : EUROPA NETWORK ARE NOT VERY NICE PEOPLE

Like 0      
27 Oct 2014 11:15 AM by Glennvdv Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Europa Network seems to be a scam

I arrived in Spain on June 2nd 2014, as I am in an area with little to non adsl or fiber network, I had to rely on other means of getting an internet connection. As an internet merketing and e-commerce entrepreneur I have to have access 24/7 at a reasonable speed. Europa Network came recommended to me, allthough I don't exactely know why, it's probably got something to do with Brits recommending Brits and them offering a discount for referrals. So, regrettably, I let them hook me up early July for an installation cost of about 50€, I chose the most expensive Wimax they had (6mb) which is not an awful lot, but it was ok. I could do my job, sometimes a bit too slow, but hey, it's Spain and the sun is shining!

End of August, early September I began to notice a radical decrease of speed and stability, so I contacted customer service. No problem, "just reboot your router and POE box". Okay, but if you have to do that several times a day just to get your emails in, it becomes more like a steady job. So I contacted customer service again, no results. September 9 is a holliday in the Communitat Valenciana, but I got a phonecall from Europa Network Alicante saying I was having trouble because of a "general" problem in the Javea area and the hoped to get me back online at regular speed by the end of that afternoon. Regrettably (again) to no avail, contacted customer service again via email and phone, but all they could say "I am so sorry but we are having a general problem and there is nothing we can do at this time".

Got a phonecall on monday asking me to go online and try to open a webpage, one page took over 10 minutes. A speedtest gave me an avarage of 0.4mb, allthough I am paying for 6mb. "Sorry but we changed our infrastructure and we can't give you a better service, I will forward your credentials to an associate company for a new contract and hopefully better service." Something I would never, ever say to any customer of mine, but I agreed and waited for them to contact me, again to no avail.

I have to earn my money just as any or most other 40 year old, so I contacted another company to hook me up so I could get back to my job. I cancelled my subscription at Europa Network, even though I had allready paid them upfront for October and I would loose my installation fee after a few months allready.

If you think they would admit to their poor service and poor customer service, your are greatly mistaken. They came back to me saying they can only process the cancellation from November 15 so they would be charging my card 1 more time early november, if any calls were made up to november 15 my card would be charged again early December and since I have not been a clinet for 12 months they would charge my card for cancellation fee of about 70€ + IVA. And, get this, they would not be able to guarantee service ...

Now if anybody can wrap their mind around a scam like this, please contact me! For all the others I would encourage them to really think twice before getting Europa Network to hook them up to their poor infrastructure as believe me there are a lot of better companies out there with a lot better infrastructure and at better prices!!

Like 0      
27 Oct 2014 11:35 AM by Travlur Star rating in Galicia Spain / Vale.... 34 posts Send private message

Travlur´s avatar

In Europa's defence, not that I am a huge fan of theirs, they are not the Internet provider but provide add on services as an agent for whoever it is (I forget). What I will say is that the Internet is very slow in Spain generally - I have a property in Portugal and the speed is at least 4 times better.

As a foot note. If anyone wants UK TV since the problem with Sky reception, I recommend you buy an MX2 TV Box (Android 4.2.2) off eBay UK, put it on the LAN / network with your PC (if your TV is not near the LAN, there are some really VERY good and clever adapters you can use that plug into your electric, yes electric, and extend the LAN throught the entire property via the electrical points). Then, while everything is connected, go to Google Play on your PC (open a free account if you do not have one) and look for Filmon.tv (it is a FREE streaming service), click download (from your PC) and it will insall on your MX2 - really easy and bloody clever. Then go to your MX2 and click the Android (applications), find Filmon.tv and away you go. The quality is very good (peak times for Strictly you may well get buffering) IF you have a decent enough Internet connection. I am dumping one of my two Europa TV boxes for this, and have already dumped two Sky boxes for MX2.

Like 0      
27 Oct 2014 1:02 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

I don't know whereabouts you are Glenvdv but there are some very good microwave systems available around the Costa Blanca and Costa Cálida and possibly elsewhere I am paying €19.30 incl iva for 10mb It very rarely drops below 6mb even at peak times 

Like 0      
27 Oct 2014 4:18 PM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

I have been with Europa now for over a year in Tenerife and have no complaints about them.

Like 0      
27 Oct 2014 4:56 PM by fonziedas Star rating. 55 posts Send private message

scubamike

that sounds pretty good, I'm thinking about changing my internet provider, I'm currently with Teleast, but their connection is very poor to say the least,

which provider are you with ?

Like 0      
27 Oct 2014 6:05 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

Fonziedas I have sent you a private message 

Like 0      
27 Oct 2014 7:10 PM by andyintorre Star rating in Costa Blanca. 104 posts Send private message

Which provider are you with scubamike?

Like 0      
27 Oct 2014 8:20 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

I have been using Futuratelecom for nearly a year now 

Like 0      
28 Mar 2015 5:19 PM by Travlur Star rating in Galicia Spain / Vale.... 34 posts Send private message

Travlur´s avatar

UPDATE:

Good riddance Europa Telecom Spain

Europa Telecom always have issues, and their staff can and are frequently rude and unhelpful. The final straw for me came when they allowed my business internet connection to be terminated. OK, my office moved, a few meters along the road. But it appeared to me that Europa were arranging continuity of service; wrong, bad mistake.

In context, Movistar are the actual internet provider; Europa are an agent. When I spoke to Movistar, they confirmed the change of address was nothing, because I would be connected to the same street junction box. Europa, after they allowed my business' precious internet service to be cut off, claimed it would take weeks to reconnect me. In fact, and let me make a BIG point of this, Europa refused to even start the reconnection process until I agreed not to post my experiences online.

In fact, I then went back to Movistar directly (great service; once you advise them you want English speaking attendance, you always automatically get this when you call them), they said they could reconnect me immediately but the only issue was the service provider and router. So I agreed to get Movistar directly, which I did on the phone, no need to go anywhere, and two days later their router arrived and I was up and running again.

Good bye and good riddance Europa; you attitude is only matched by your service; both are terrible and I trust you will be out of business and soon. My advice to anyone considering Europa; Do not think you need rotten expats to handle your needs simply because their native language is English. Go to Movistar directly. Once you get listed as an English speaking customer, you will get far better service and from English speaking operators with far better aititudes.

I have the cheap Movistar phone call plan that gives me free landline calls within Spain, and then I use a great lost cost International carrier called KeepCalling (dot com). I also, for my private use in Spain, use an Android TV box which is far better and far cheaper than Europa's MAG box, for which you also have to pay a subscription / rental charge!! Andrioid TV boxes do not require you to pay a subscription, have access to more channels, seem to have less buffering issues (to Europa's MAG box) and can be bought for 50 GBP off ebay (half the price or less than Europa's MAG box).

Like 0      
02 Jan 2016 11:22 AM by sitges Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Appalling service!! They do not give a damm  about their customers.. Staff are very unhelpful and arrogant.

Information on leaflet provided to set up box and dongle is innacurate.

Difficult to get in touch with them on the phone...lines seem to be busy all the time.

Opening hours not announced on the recorded message but they clse at 18.00 hrs and only work  monday to friday so if you experience a problem during a week end or a bank holiday...is rather inconnvenient.

A terrible experience not to be recommended.

Adios Europa Network....Good riddance 

Like 0      
08 Mar 2016 5:39 PM by BenTucker Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I have tried Android boxes (3 now) and pretty underwhelmed, I find the reliabilty to poor. Decided to go the IPTV route and have been much happier, far easier to setup and more user friendly with catchup and program guides the one i went for in the end was rapidstream.tv not had an issue so far!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Persiana Repairs - 4 posts
Hello from Spain - 5 posts
Problems with living in Spain - 21 posts
Reporting Crimes (telephone service) - 0 posts
Shere Punjab (Delhi Chownk) Pueblo Principe - 0 posts
Living Hell in Paradise - 13 posts
quadbike mechanic - 0 posts
Tower Fan for sale - 0 posts
Pool Usage and President Powers - 12 posts
Renting a sub-standard property - How do we stand? - 13 posts
insurance - 1 posts
Friends needed - 1 posts
Capital Gains Tax - 0 posts
Water boletin change of name - 1 posts
insurance - 4 posts
downloading kindle books onto computer - 5 posts
Credit card PINs - 0 posts
Dickmanns car hire Murcia - 19 posts
Residencia or NOT - 4 posts
Hello Everyone - 0 posts
Buying a camper van; Spain v UK? - 7 posts
moving to ciudad quesada - 3 posts
Buy a new car in Spain [NOT SECONDHAND] - 0 posts
Clubs to join in the Manilva district. - 2 posts
BE HONEST...Would you stay in Spain if it wasn't for the weather? - 244 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 93

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x