moving to ciudad quesada

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Aug 2012 10:16 PM by chrissie63 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

we are planning to move to spain next year could anyone tell me what ciudad quesada area is like to live? we have been looking to rent there for a year to make sure we like it there before we buy. chrissie

Like 0      
06 Aug 2012 11:02 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Chrissie

Quesada is NOT what you would call a Spanish town by any means. There are lots of Brits, Dutch and German residents, although of course, there are Spanish residents too.

It´s a ruddy nightmare to drive around because there is absolutely no rhymn or reason to the layout and you can easily get lost in the maze. The main streets are very, very busy.

There are lots of facilities - clubs, sports, bars, restaurants, schools, shops, etc. - so depending where you are in Quesada (its pretty big!), you may not need a car.

Personally, I prefer the villages around Quesada - Rojales, Benijofar and (my favourite) Formentera del Segura.

Irene

Like 0      
06 Aug 2012 11:58 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

As said, Ciudad Quesada is quite a spread out place.  We live on Dona Pepa area and it's great.  Nice, well built houses with lots of permanent residents (Brit, Norwegian, Dutch but only one permanent Spanish family).  The town centre can be a nightmare in summer to drive through but has every type of restaurant you could think of, many with entertainment if that's what you like.  Lots of shops/supermarkets in easy reach, a very good water park for the summer months and a couple of really good markets not far away..  Not too far to drive to the beaches either at Guardamar, Torrevieja or La Mata.  Buses are a bit few and far between.  However, a nice thriving community even in winter and never has the ghost town feel that some places seem to have.  It has an excellent, new medical centre and a very helpful town hall in Rojales.

We've lived in 3 areas around Torrevieja and this is definitely the best.  The quality of the houses is far superior to others around and you have a good backup from the builders.  Prices, though a bit more expensive than some of the other places, are very reasonable at the moment.  There is a couple living a few doors up from us who are renting a two bed town house and pay £350 a month on a long term let.

Best of luck with your search and we can really recommend the place.  

Like 0      
06 Aug 2012 10:07 PM by chrissie63 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi , thankyou very much for your reply, i,m really looking forward to seeing ciudad quesada, we are in Alicanti for a week in September staying at a place called el campello, not sure how far away it is from ciudad quesada. But we will get there to have a look and inquire about long term rental, only problem i think we may have with rental is we have a dalmation of 8yrs and cocker spaniel 5yrs they are really well behaved and house trained, but i can understand people not wanting pets. I,ll stay intouch and let you know how this all goes, hopefully we,re be living there this time next. thanks again

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Buy a new car in Spain [NOT SECONDHAND] - 0 posts
Clubs to join in the Manilva district. - 2 posts
BE HONEST...Would you stay in Spain if it wasn't for the weather? - 244 posts
Very Proud - 22 posts
Endesa - Are they overcharging everyone in Spain? - 19 posts
Prescription charges reclaim - 9 posts
New arrival in Gibraltar - 4 posts
inviting a non-European to Spain - 25 posts
AENA backs down and considers removing air bridges - 0 posts
Telephone and Internet installation - 6 posts
Trees/bushes - 2 posts
Single Bespoke Pine Bed for Sale - 0 posts
Airport Run to Calpe - 2 posts
Just moved to Los Boliches - 0 posts
Electricity costs. - 6 posts
So there is a non driver and 4 young kids....what do we do? - 2 posts
NuevaGalicia Bank in Tenerife - 0 posts
Does "rent a car la zenia" still exist? - 2 posts
Electrical Meters, Electrical Meter Boxes and Endesa. - 31 posts
Permanent residency - 4 posts
Money in Bank - 11 posts
Crime Victims Online Crime Reporting Service - 0 posts
Online Crime Reporting Service - 0 posts
Javea Long Term Let Required - 2 posts
Caravans parked in community car park - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x