Very Proud

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Aug 2012 10:52 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Congratulations to all the GREAT BRITISH athletes

You have made me feel PROUD to be BRITISH tonight

Rod

Come on MO

This message was last edited by rod on 04/08/2012.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 12:29 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes have to agree they were incredible!  Roll on tomorrow but be very surprised if Andy wins!

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 6:19 AM by prospain Star rating in Spain & Hong Kong. 38 posts Send private message

prospain´s avatar

Andy Murray walks into Ikea and asks for a flat pack trophy cabinet. The shop clerk says, "Get lost, you'll bring it back"

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 10:43 AM by iain4702 Star rating in East Lothian & Lo.... 42 posts Send private message

I take it that the last two posts have been made by our English "friends".If so please inform us of anyone who you have had or is better!!Get a grip

Iain

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 10:59 AM by wodger Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Yes!, the cricket was good as well, I liked the way that Barry Manilow supported KP & resisted the temptaion to burst into song !

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 12:50 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

I have always supported Andy and would love to see him win. Let's hope it is his day!!!!!!

Patricia

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 2:47 PM by iain4702 Star rating in East Lothian & Lo.... 42 posts Send private message

Thats better!!

Iain

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 3:10 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

VERY proud of all of them.   But I have never supported Andy (big Rafa Nadal supporter), and actually would like to see Roger get the gold.   BUT   - good to have a guarantee pair of medals so a big well done Andy, and I actually think he can win as he has been playing really well.   And I follow tennis all year round so I can honestly say I see a big improvement and he can do it.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 5:30 PM by cbrammeld Star rating. 172 posts Send private message

Patandroy

Get it right up ya!

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 5:33 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

\well done Andy he played so well glad I was right in the end. Now for the mixed doubles

Patricia

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 5:35 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Surprised that Andy did it but VERY chuffed all the same ... another gold for UK!!! Fantastic

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 5:36 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Told you!!  Great performance.    Should be ok in the mixed doubles but Laura may not be up to it.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 5:45 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

She is coming on now and has improved a lot she is only 18. It would be brilliant if they could do it!!! 

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 5:58 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

She is about 100th in the world and 18 is quite old for female tennis players if you look at the Russian and the Serb girls who seem to have peaked at about 17!!!!!    To be honest, getting an Olympic medal when her standard really is not very high is a bit of a travesty for all the top athletes who are there but not getting a medal.  But another gold would be good - I don't deny that.  But I can't help but compare her to Louis Smith for example.  Brilliant - and got a silver!!!!

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 6:11 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

I hope I dont wake up in the morning and find its all a dream

Lets BASK in the GLORY

Also well done ANDY

If we could just sort the FOOTIE out

Rod

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 10:24 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

And what about a bit of praise for one of our greatest Sportsmen of all time - Ben Ainslie has today won his 4th Gold - the most successful olympic sailor of all time (only 1 gold less than the great Steve Redgrave).  To be at the top of your sport for that length of time is amazing and I felt honoured to have been at Weymouth today to see the final medal race.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2012 9:03 AM by prospain Star rating in Spain & Hong Kong. 38 posts Send private message

prospain´s avatar

Well done Andy, we all knew you could do it. We were all behind you. English, Scots, Welsh and Irish.

Which is more than I can say for your lot ‘’Iain’’ regarding England in the world cup.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2012 10:23 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Now now children.    Scotland will soon be independant and we wont have to pretend any longer that we all support each others teams or players!!!!!!   Will we still call ourselves Team GB ?   I guess we still called the football team Team GB even though the Scots would not participate.

Well done to all of them who have won any kind of medal, and to those who have been disappointed as well.  Just taking part in the Olympics is a huge achievement, and it is good to see that the medal winners are from all over the UK and not just the south!!!

Like 0      
06 Aug 2012 1:39 PM by theequaliser Star rating in Spain. 26 posts Send private message

theequaliser´s avatar

Well done Andy. Up the Jocks.

Did you hear about the thoughtful Scotsman who was heading out to the pub? He turned to his wee wife before leaving and said, 'Jackie - put your hat and coat on lassie.'

She replied, 'Awe Iain that's nice - are you taking me to the pub with you?'

'Nah, I'm just switching the central heating off while I'm oot.'

Like 0      
07 Aug 2012 5:00 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

I felt Andy was let down by his partner in the mixed doubles.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Endesa - Are they overcharging everyone in Spain? - 19 posts
Prescription charges reclaim - 9 posts
New arrival in Gibraltar - 4 posts
inviting a non-European to Spain - 25 posts
AENA backs down and considers removing air bridges - 0 posts
Telephone and Internet installation - 6 posts
Trees/bushes - 2 posts
Single Bespoke Pine Bed for Sale - 0 posts
Airport Run to Calpe - 2 posts
Just moved to Los Boliches - 0 posts
Electricity costs. - 6 posts
So there is a non driver and 4 young kids....what do we do? - 2 posts
NuevaGalicia Bank in Tenerife - 0 posts
Does "rent a car la zenia" still exist? - 2 posts
Electrical Meters, Electrical Meter Boxes and Endesa. - 31 posts
Permanent residency - 4 posts
Money in Bank - 11 posts
Crime Victims Online Crime Reporting Service - 0 posts
Online Crime Reporting Service - 0 posts
Javea Long Term Let Required - 2 posts
Caravans parked in community car park - 9 posts
itv - 5 posts
Spanish Lawyers - 3 posts
Spelcheker - 18 posts
Furniture Co - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x