So there is a non driver and 4 young kids....what do we do?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Aug 2012 6:10 PM by simonpatnick Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

So my wife and kids are staying at the place we just brought in El Presidente Estepona.  Last night they took a cab into Marbella for the night and upon trying to get a cab to go home were told it is actually agaist the law for a driver to take 5 passengers even though my eldest is only 7.  Eventually a kind hearted driver took pitty on my wife and agreed to take them home.

How do we overcome this as my wife does not drive?  Is there a taxi firm that has bigger vehicles that can guarentee to be able to take 5?  Is there a minibus firm that is reasonable enough and flexible enough to work like a taxi service for my family??

Help, please!!!

Simon 

Like 0      
01 Aug 2012 6:54 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

So you have 4 kids all under 7. Not only would you need a vehicle with at least 6 seats but  it also needs 4 child seats to be legal.

In addition none are able to travel in the front until they are 12 years old & over 1,35m .The law is the same throughout the eu.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2012 7:29 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Taxis, both in UK and Spain, are exempt from the law requiring child seats.  However, they are not allowed to travel in the front seat and must have a seat belt.

To the OP, yes there are plenty of taxi services using larger vehicles for taxis.  These, in the main, need to be pre-booked although I have seen a few of the mini-bus taxis outside Alicante airport but not sure if they were pre-booked or not.  If you pre-book, you can request child seats to be carried as well.  Probably cost more, though, as would the actual cost of the taxi.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NuevaGalicia Bank in Tenerife - 0 posts
Does "rent a car la zenia" still exist? - 2 posts
Electrical Meters, Electrical Meter Boxes and Endesa. - 31 posts
Permanent residency - 4 posts
Money in Bank - 11 posts
Crime Victims Online Crime Reporting Service - 0 posts
Online Crime Reporting Service - 0 posts
Javea Long Term Let Required - 2 posts
Caravans parked in community car park - 9 posts
itv - 5 posts
Spanish Lawyers - 3 posts
Spelcheker - 18 posts
Furniture Co - 3 posts
which place to spend winter - 20 posts
MasterCard or Visa - 2 posts
Golf buggy - 1 posts
British TV channels Phase 1 - 1 posts
My son has a contract phone - 9 posts
Where can I buy a car - 5 posts
Bar Viceversa in Estepona port - 0 posts
Gerry Marsden - 0 posts
Car sales or swap... - 0 posts
contract cancellation - 1 posts
Moving to Manilva Area - 0 posts
contacting Endesa how?? - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x