inviting a non-European to Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Aug 2012 12:22 PM by figo79 Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi all 

I have an Ukrainian girlfriend and I want to invite her to Spain to live with me for a month as we are still not sure if she is going to like here. I understood that she needs and invitation from Spain. can a British citizen like me do that? and also how can I do it? and where do I go? of course I have a job here and I pay tax. 

thanks all

Like 0      
04 Aug 2012 12:57 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The 'letter of invitation' is an official form which you get from a Notary.   I am British but was resident in Spain when I got one.

It is, as,you are probably aware,  part of the visa application procedure.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2012 1:33 PM by paulsimkiss Star rating in Thailand & Spain. 58 posts Send private message

paulsimkiss´s avatar

Hi Johnzx

Could you explain a little more. Who is doing the inviting? What is the purpose behind this procedure? Is this an EU thing or just made up by Spain?

Like 0      
04 Aug 2012 1:55 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

error

This message was last edited by elaineG on 04/08/2012.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2012 1:59 PM by figo79 Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

thanks all but what's the official website for this? I mean where do I go to ask such questions. 

Like 0      
04 Aug 2012 1:59 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Could you explain a little more. Who is doing the inviting?

It is the person who is inviting the alien to Spain !

What is the purpose behind this procedure?

It is part of the application procedure

Is this an EU thing or just made up by Spain?

It is part of the application procedure

I suggest you research the visa application requirements on the Spanish Government web pages..  Many people here are happy to help with advise, but holding one's hand the whole way,  for things which are readily available elsewhere, is something else.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2012 3:05 PM by potblack Star rating in Alicante & Singapore. 233 posts Send private message

potblack´s avatar

Not for Johnzx

Could someone else help.

Info from Spain embassy one month ago. Requires personal invitation letter from a resident in Spain. With a residence card. Last up date 10/01/2012

How does a Brit prove he/she is a Spanish resident? Other than on foreigners register.

How does a Brit hold a residence card? Abolished years ago.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2012 3:37 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sorry if I am stating the obvious.

How does a Brit prove he/she is a Spanish resident?

By being on the EU foreign citizens register (or having a Residencia if they are not from the EU )

Other than being on foreigners register. 

Then you are not legally resident.

How does a Brit hold a residence card?  Abolished years ago.

They don’t but the Registration Cert is the proof or residence.   

Like 0      
04 Aug 2012 3:38 PM by prospain Star rating in Spain & Hong Kong. 38 posts Send private message

prospain´s avatar

Yes its all dead easy on the website. Beat this load of crap below.

Requirements for residence visas for relatives of Spanish or E.U. citizens 

In case of marriage with E.U citizen, a marriage certificate and a certificate of marriage from the Embassy of the E.U. spouse to certify that marriage has been recognized according to the law of that country. Dated 14 december 2011. Received July 2012.

British Embassy

We have been informed by our Legal Office that we can no longer offer this service.  The Spanish Embassy was informed of this approximately 8 months ago when the service was terminated.  

The only option we can provide is a declaration which you must complete, the embassy would witness your signature on the declaration.  The fee for this is 60 euro.  Please note that on every notarial act we must include our disclaimer which states “we have take no responsibility for the contents of the document.”  Date: Mon, 23 May 2011

Stop wasting peoples time on here asking dumb questions on straigh forward issues.

This message was last edited by prospain on 04/08/2012.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2012 4:02 PM by gerryinalbany Star rating in Albany , New York, U.... 30 posts Send private message

gerryinalbany´s avatar

We invited my wife's son andwife , his best friend and our infant grand daughter to visit with us for two weeks   just  back in July . We do not live in Spain fulltime . We live in the US and my wifes son lives in Russia.. all we needed was to write a letter to the Spanish consulate in Moscow stating that we were inviting them to visit  and sent a copy of  "Escrutura Contraventa"  to show we owned the property. they got their visa's in about 30days.  My stepson filled out the visa  forms and needed copys of their passports. but they had no problems, spain WANTS visitors right now, especially Torrevieja

Like 0      
04 Aug 2012 5:13 PM by Julianx Star rating in Spain. 61 posts Send private message

As often happens with threads they get ‘confused’. 

Figo   asked:- 

I have an Ukrainian girlfriend and I want to invite her to Spain to live with me for a month as we are still not sure if she is going to like here. I understood that she needs and invitation from Spain. can a British citizen like me do that? and also how can I do it? and where do I go? of course I have a job here and I pay tax. 

So not a relative,   a girl friend.    Thus,  advice re relatives getting visas is of little if any use.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2012 5:37 PM by gerryinalbany Star rating in Albany , New York, U.... 30 posts Send private message

gerryinalbany´s avatar

We also  invited our son's FRIEND as well ,he had no problem either. I had never met him- he got his own visa with our invitation, and he was  not a relative. no confusion here.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2012 5:38 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi  There

I have found this website for you. You can translate this into English if you use a Google Chrome Web Browser

http://spain.visahq.ua/

Good Luck

This message was last edited by nigel188 on 04/08/2012.

Nigel

Like 0      
04 Aug 2012 5:44 PM by Julianx Star rating in Spain. 61 posts Send private message

Nigel,

great,   but this might be better:    

http://spain.visahq.com/requirements/Ukraine/resident-Spain/

It is in English not Ukrainian

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 5:23 AM by potblack Star rating in Alicante & Singapore. 233 posts Send private message

potblack´s avatar

I agree with julianx. Posts on all threads should only be made on the exact question being asked.

’Ukrainian girlfriend invitation from Spain. Can a British citizen like me do that?’’

Whets an Aussie website got to do with it?

Whets a non EU spouse visa got to do with it?

Whets an "Escrutura Contraventa" being sent to the Spain embassy in Moscow got to do with it?

Whets ‘’invited our son's FRIEND’’ got to do with it?

These posts should be treated as spam and deleted.

‘’I suggest you research the visa application requirements on the Spanish Government web pages..  Many people here are happy to help with advise, but holding one's hand the whole way,  for things which are readily available elsewhere, is something else.’’

Perhaps the original question should be treated as spam.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 8:44 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi figo79

This is the Translation

For tourist visa to Spain was issued, the following documents:

a
Tourist Visa to Spain- full profile

b
Passport , valid at least 6 months.

c
Passport photos: 2

d
Route. copy of round trip tickets or itinerary.

e
Medical certificate. letter from a doctor confirming that the applicant is not a carrier of infectious diseases.

f
Extract from bank account. copy of last bank account, showing proof of funds ($ 650 per person or $ 1300 per family).

g
Personal invitation. If visiting friends or family members, you must provide a letter of invitation with contact information, the host and guest, state the purpose and duration of the visit, proof of residence, including address, signature and date. You also need to confirm the status of the host in Spain, that a copy of information page of Spanish passport, or if they are not citizens of Spain, a copy of their residence permit in Spain and copy information pages of the national passport.

h
Travel voucher. A copy of tourist voucher issued by travel agency or hotel in Spain, approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

i
Visa fee. Proof of payment of visa fee.

Good Luck

Nigel

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 10:11 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

FIGO,

just be aware that the the site is from a USA company:-

VisaHQ.com Inc.
Embassy Row
2005 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, DC20036-1030

And thus may not contain the correct info for your girl friend.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2012 12:52 PM by gerryinalbany Star rating in Albany , New York, U.... 30 posts Send private message

gerryinalbany´s avatar

Wow never thought I would encounter such negativity in an attempt to give information , ever hear the old maxim "if you can't say anything nice...?"

First the title of this thread is "inviting a non-European to Spain"

I have just  gone through this  last month-

A)  - "Whets an "Escrutura Contraventa" being sent to the Spain embassy in Moscow got to do with it?"

One of the provisions of the Visa is you have to prove you own the property-THATS WHAT IT HAS TO DO WITH IT!   

B) "Whets ‘’invited our son's FRIEND’’ got to do with it?"-Well he is a non- European being invited to Spain- I think that is relevant since the title of the thread is   "inviting a non-European to Spain"! 

You WIN though, I will not deal with TROLLS or people of a bad nature- there really is too much in life to enjoy than filling it with negativity- regards Gerry

Like 0      
07 Aug 2012 10:19 AM by theequaliser Star rating in Spain. 26 posts Send private message

theequaliser´s avatar

Julianx

So not a relative,   a girl friend.    Thus,  advice re relatives getting visas is of little if any use.

Yes, so what was the purpose of this negative post. Some people think they own the forum.

I think potblack was having a dig at Julianx for being such an !!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
07 Aug 2012 12:05 PM by prospain Star rating in Spain & Hong Kong. 38 posts Send private message

prospain´s avatar

johnzx

‘’I suggest you research the visa application requirements on the Spanish Government web pages..  Many people here are happy to help with advise, but holding one's hand the whole way,  for things which are readily available elsewhere, is something else.’’

Yes, all turned out a sour thread, started by this comment.

Who is johnzx to say who can post what on here? What people have to say and post is up to them. EOS monitors the site, not johnzx. If there is a post you don’t like, just keep your big nose out. Or is it that you have over a 1,000 posts, so you think you are cock of the roost.

A lot of information could have been gained on here on non European visas, married or single, tourist or settlement. Your comments made some people too frightened to even post a question or query.

You may well be a very intelligent person and I know you have helped many people on here. But non European visas, especially settlement visas, can be very complex. How would like a copy of my 60 emails between the British Consulate Alicante, the British Consulate Bangkok, and the Spanish Consulate Bangkok and Madrid, with rules and regulations that none of them can agree upon?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

AENA backs down and considers removing air bridges - 0 posts
Telephone and Internet installation - 6 posts
Trees/bushes - 2 posts
Single Bespoke Pine Bed for Sale - 0 posts
Airport Run to Calpe - 2 posts
Just moved to Los Boliches - 0 posts
Electricity costs. - 6 posts
So there is a non driver and 4 young kids....what do we do? - 2 posts
NuevaGalicia Bank in Tenerife - 0 posts
Does "rent a car la zenia" still exist? - 2 posts
Electrical Meters, Electrical Meter Boxes and Endesa. - 31 posts
Permanent residency - 4 posts
Money in Bank - 11 posts
Crime Victims Online Crime Reporting Service - 0 posts
Online Crime Reporting Service - 0 posts
Javea Long Term Let Required - 2 posts
Caravans parked in community car park - 9 posts
itv - 5 posts
Spanish Lawyers - 3 posts
Spelcheker - 18 posts
Furniture Co - 3 posts
which place to spend winter - 20 posts
MasterCard or Visa - 2 posts
Golf buggy - 1 posts
British TV channels Phase 1 - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x