inviting a non-European to Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Aug 2012 3:43 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Prospain

…………………………………   I know you have helped many people on here. But non European visas, especially settlement visas, can be very complex. How would like a copy of my 60 emails between the British Consulate Alicante, the British Consulate Bangkok, and the Spanish Consulate Bangkok and Madrid, with rules and regulations that none of them can agree upon?

Glad to see that like me ( I am married to a non European)  you have experienced problems with the system for Family Reunification visas.

That is why I believe it is better that anyone who is starting from scratch should start with the Government web pages. As you say we who have experience know that the advice we may be able to offer,  can often be different because we have been given different answers  by government depts.  to the same question.

Having negotiated the main hurdles, if a person has specific questions then, maybe people like you and me, who been there, done it etc, can help.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 07/08/2012.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2012 5:16 AM by theequaliser Star rating in Spain. 26 posts Send private message

theequaliser´s avatar

Perhaps there is confusion of what should actually be posted on a forum. What is, if any, the guide from EOS monitor?

inviting a non-European to Spain

Does the title of the thread leave it wide open to post anything on the subject and introduce more questions and answers?

''So not a relative,   a girl friend.    Thus,  advice re relatives getting visas is of little if any use.'' (Rather rude I thught)

Clearly Julianx thinks not. Perhaps you would like to comment further.

Or

''I have an Ukrainian girlfriend and I want to invite her to Spain to live with me for a month as we are still not sure if she is going to like here. I understood that she needs and invitation from Spain. can a British citizen like me do that? and also how can I do it? and where do I go? of course I have a job here and I pay tax.''

Is it a case of stick to the exact question being asked and anything else is irrelevant and unwelcomed.

It seems Gerryinalbany thinks not and has left the thread feeling insulted.

''You WIN though, I will not deal with TROLLS or people of a bad nature- there really is too much in life to enjoy than filling it with negativity- regards Gerry''.

Perhaps someone would like to comment on his behalf.

This message was last edited by theequaliser on 08/08/2012.

This message was last edited by theequaliser on 08/08/2012.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2012 1:35 PM by potblack Star rating in Alicante & Singapore. 233 posts Send private message

potblack´s avatar

Dispite this thread being all but dead, does anyone know the answer to this post? There is a reason for asking, please help if you can.

Yes its all dead easy on the website. Beat this load of crap below. 

Requirements for residence visas for relatives of Spanish or E.U. citizens 

In case of marriage with E.U citizen, a marriage certificate and a certificate of marriage from the Embassy of the E.U. spouse to certify that marriage has been recognized according to the law of that country. Dated 14 december 2011. Received July 2012.

British Embassy

We have been informed by our Legal Office that we can no longer offer this service.  The Spanish Embassy was informed of this approximately 8 months ago when the service was terminated.  

The only option we can provide is a declaration which you must complete, the embassy would witness your signature on the declaration.  The fee for this is 60 euro.  Please note that on every notarial act we must include our disclaimer which states “we have take no responsibility for the contents of the document.”  Date: Mon, 23 May 201

This message was last edited by potblack on 11/08/2012.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2012 11:08 AM by gerrryuk Star rating in Mezquitilla, near To.... 179 posts Send private message

gerrryuk´s avatar

She has to apply at the Spanish embassy of her country for a Schengen Visa which is not that easy, just follow STRICTLY the rules governed on the application which is a free download. 

So she needs to go to the Spanish Embassy in Ukraine with the complete paperwork & pay the fee (usually very cheap). They will assess her & tell her their & then if she is successful. The Spanish Embassy will be very wary of new applicants.

My wife is Thai is Thai & believe you me it is not easy to get a Thai girl into most Countries as their reputation is not good (But not mine I might add).

I have being applying for such a visa from the the UK (which is not a Schengen Country) for 8 years & for me it is now easy as they can see all previous paperwork from Spain, France, Germany, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden,Austria & Switzerland, all Schengen Countries.

It's a little easier for me as we are married so just have to show our marriage certificate properly translated (the original is in Thai). But go on site of Schengen Visa's & it will all be explained.

BUT follow the rules EXACTLY, THERE ARE MANY CRITERIA.

Any queries ask me but I tell you at the onset 8 years ago I had difficulties proving certain things, but now it takes me an hour at the Spanish embassy in London & 40 minutes of that is waiting!

This message was last edited by gerrryuk on 12/08/2012.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2012 5:30 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Potblack.   quote "does anyone know the answer to this post? "

The post was:-  

"I have an Ukrainian girlfriend and I want to invite her to Spain to live with me for a month as we are still not sure if she is going to like here. I understood that she needs an invitation from Spain. Can a British citizen like me do that? And also, how can I do it? And where do I go? Of course I have a job here and I pay tax. "

I think that question and a follow up was answered .

I made my posts as a person who in 2006 married a Filipino who came to Spain a couple of months later and has lived here ever since. Rather like Gerry, who tells us his wife is Thai.  I had previously unsucessfully tried to get a visitors visa for a Thai GF.

There is an EU Directive which amounts to it being illegal to prevent a couple being united.  Thus, in the case of Spain, they are very
accommodatin.

In my case, when I ask prior to getting married, if my wife would be allowed to go with me to Spain.  I was asked 'Where else would your wife live but with you in Spain?"

I followed the process as set out in the Spanish immigration web site and had no problems. As Gerry says , one must follow the procedure carefully, and that is why, (to the annoyance of some)  I said that a person starting from scratch should go to the web site as it only there that one can be fairly sure of getting up to date info.   Those like me who have done it, only know what the system demanded at that time.

Inviting a person, other than a spouse is not the same as that for a spouse.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 12/08/2012.

Like 0      
13 Aug 2012 2:52 AM by gerrryuk Star rating in Mezquitilla, near To.... 179 posts Send private message

gerrryuk´s avatar

Further to my post below, I again re-iterate that your Ukraine girlfriend has to obtain a Schengen Visa in Ukraine. You/she can no longer go directly to the Spanish Embassy, the reason is below. Spain incidentally are a Schengen Country.

It has to go through an organisation called VFS which was internationally organised by the 28 Schengen Countries last year. (Schengen is so called because it was set up in a town called Schengen, Luxembourg in the 1980's by the said countries who are not necessarily members of the EU - Switzerland, Finland & Norway for example). Until last year you could go directly to that embassy, as we did initially to Spain in 2005.

VFS vet the application, confirm the paperwork & send it every afternoon at 3.00pm to the applicable embassy. In London they deal with at least 200 cases every day from 8.00am until Mid-day, they are very busy so mistakes are not allowed & they kick it out. There are private personal desks of 10 girls who each deal with about 20 cases daily.

Take the Ukraine passport with photocopies of it & all further papers & two passport size photographs. FULLY OBEY ALL THE RULES, read them several times & I suggest you/she do a tick list.

The website for VFS in Ukraine is:-

http://www.espvac-ua.com/,  

Your confusion on being invited is understandable but the invite has to be you as she will place your Spanish address on her application & as an EU Citizen you must do that as long as you have proof you are a legal resident in Spain.

You have to guarantee her leaving Spain in due time, will  be law abiding, prove her accomodation & habitation & she is financially viable. Her proof of accomodation in Ukraine will also probably be required. They may also ask for a reason why she will return to Ukraine and that she has return flight tickets & medical insurance. Initially I had to show bank statements for both of us.

DO NOT USE A "VISA GETTING AGENCY", VFS don't like it & they are only in it for the money so will charge a fortune instead of less than £30  - €38 by VFS.

Go to Ukraine & do it for her!!

"Does not know if she will like Spain" - it's no contest, remind her of the sub sub sub zero winters in Ukraine.

Oh! one last thing ask her to change the language from English to hers (top right on the page).

This message was last edited by gerrryuk on 13/08/2012.

This message was last edited by gerrryuk on 13/08/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

AENA backs down and considers removing air bridges - 0 posts
Telephone and Internet installation - 6 posts
Trees/bushes - 2 posts
Single Bespoke Pine Bed for Sale - 0 posts
Airport Run to Calpe - 2 posts
Just moved to Los Boliches - 0 posts
Electricity costs. - 6 posts
So there is a non driver and 4 young kids....what do we do? - 2 posts
NuevaGalicia Bank in Tenerife - 0 posts
Does "rent a car la zenia" still exist? - 2 posts
Electrical Meters, Electrical Meter Boxes and Endesa. - 31 posts
Permanent residency - 4 posts
Money in Bank - 11 posts
Crime Victims Online Crime Reporting Service - 0 posts
Online Crime Reporting Service - 0 posts
Javea Long Term Let Required - 2 posts
Caravans parked in community car park - 9 posts
itv - 5 posts
Spanish Lawyers - 3 posts
Spelcheker - 18 posts
Furniture Co - 3 posts
which place to spend winter - 20 posts
MasterCard or Visa - 2 posts
Golf buggy - 1 posts
British TV channels Phase 1 - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x