presedent

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jul 2012 11:39 PM by arkles Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

we our having the houses painted i asked the president why should we paint the houses who have not paid the communite fees he says it is the law  this cannot be right

Like 0      
02 Jul 2012 11:45 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I stand corrected. Although I was only relaying what our ( former ) administrators told us.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
03 Jul 2012 9:15 AM by chris 2477 Star rating. 63 posts Send private message

we our having the houses painted i asked the president why should we paint the houses who have not paid the communite fees he says it is the law this cannot be right

You could tell all debtors that there houses will be painted after all owners that are up to date with their fees have been done. You are not refusing to paint them, just prioritising for those that have paid. This is what has been done on Mar Menor Golf Resort. Obviously this would not work on apartment blocks.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2012 9:31 AM by Jacksonsadmin Star rating in Marbella , Malaga. 78 posts Send private message

Hi Chris,  Community law is very clear on the removal of services to owners in debt. It is prohibited and any community & it's officers can face legal claim against them for actioning the same.

This can be in the form of a denucia also if accepted by the CNP or Court which is the equivelent of criminal proceedings in the UK.

F.Parkinson Jacksons Administradores SL

f.parkinson @ jacksonsadministradoressl.es www.jacksons-group.com

Like 0      
03 Jul 2012 10:23 AM by chris 2477 Star rating. 63 posts Send private message

The community is not denying them the service, just painting them after all fee paying owners property has been painted. debtors properties  will be painted last.

This message was last edited by chris 2477 on 03/07/2012.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2012 10:58 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

That sounds fair enough to me.  It's good to follow all these rules and regulations, but with an element of pragmatism.  Otherwise we follow the slippery slope in the UK where there's too much "protection" for the freeloaders.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2012 12:15 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

How on earth can use of swimming pools be classed as basic services, surely non payers have a right to basics such as electricity and water etc. though god knows why.

But swimming pools are a luxury only fee payers should be permitted to use

A number of Communities appear to be using a wristband system to use pools and not issuing them to debtors is this legal?

Like 0      
03 Jul 2012 1:25 PM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

No, it is not legal.  The Law does not differentiate between basic and luxury services.  An owner is entitled by law to use the common areas and services and cannot be prevented.

From a practical viewpoint, if some owners either are not aware of their legal rights or accept the imposition out of shame or understanding for the action on the part of paying neighbors, then all is well, but as Jackson said, the community and its President could be the subject of a denuncia and fined accordingly.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2012 1:50 PM by Jacksonsadmin Star rating in Marbella , Malaga. 78 posts Send private message

Good afternoon Gents;

The law is set down in section 3 b of the LPH with regard to use of community facilities. Basically you become a co-owner of all community parts of your development on purchase.

Hence in prevention of use for what ever reason it is considered the same as preventing a single house owner entering his garage.

You have my sympathies as I split the cake each month to pay for communities services when they would be in plenty of  funds if members would pay on time.I find these are usually the first people to complain when some thing is not available because of the lack  of funds.

So to conclude - be careful with this one as it is a common sight in court.

I am happy to answer any questions on a individual basis also.

F.Parkinson. Jacksons Administradores SL

f.parkinson @ jacksonsadministradoressl.es www.jacksons-group.com

Like 0      
16 Aug 2012 2:54 PM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

Our pool has recently reopened after being closed for a few years. As yet the committee have not formulated rules but are excluding individuals who have not paid all monies collected from the beginning. This includes approximately 140 euros per house collected on the basis that we were required to purchase the pool which as it turns out was not the case and this money has not been refunded.

We would like access to this legal document that you refer to that governs the use and management of pools especially with regard to the administrator refusing fobs to debtors. It seems that every homeowner has a right to access the pool.

For clarification we are in the region of Murcia.

Daveil

Like 0      
16 Aug 2012 5:43 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Poppyseed

Like 0      
17 Aug 2012 9:23 AM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

Thank you Poppyseed for your help.

Daveil

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mercedes C180 English headlights - 1 posts
Double Posts Appearing On Blogs - 3 posts
Latest mortgage rates? - 5 posts
buying online - 3 posts
This photo says it all - 4 posts
7th Heaven - 2 posts
Maria de Castro (costaluz lawyers) wins my case against el patio - 3 posts
Soft Tub Wanted - 1 posts
La Cala de Mijas Nr Malaga - bilingual school? - 0 posts
HELP - 2 posts
Car hire - 0 posts
Satellite Phone advise wanted - 1 posts
Scrapyard - 3 posts
Caravan wanted: Does anyone know of one in the Costa del Sol area? - 3 posts
Spain or Italy? Come on "La Roja"! - 26 posts
Hyundai ACCENT 1.3 for sale,needs attn,good runner,aircon,etc - 0 posts
Passport size photos - 6 posts
jobs needed in & around marbella in october - 0 posts
how to get rid of wasp's nests - 9 posts
Sky and Spanish TV- Football - 1 posts
1/2 - 1/2 isn't all it's cracked up to be!! - 2 posts
Cost of Living and Teaching in Spain. - 16 posts
Selling a car - 2 posts
Legal tip 796. What to do with my illegal house? - 2 posts
- 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 32

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x