1/2 - 1/2 isn't all it's cracked up to be!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jun 2012 7:21 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hired a car via HCis for the week and they offered me Dickmanns with 1/2- 1/2 fuel. As I paid 80€ for a full tank for a Corsa last month, and the agent was promoting what a good deal it was, I went with it.

MUG

Nissan Micra with 1/2 a tank 50€!!! Had I thought about it, I would have paid for a full tank as they can only levy the 25€  "fuelling charge" once instead of twice on a 1/2 tank.

Not impressed. That's another company I won't be using from Murcia again.

Mark

Like 0      
28 Jun 2012 7:25 PM by smivs Star rating in Oldham - Jardin 2,.... 700 posts Send private message

smivs´s avatar

I never thought it would get even worse for fuel rip off charges than it is at the moment but you guessed it another Company is even worse than GOLDCAR....!!!

AVANTAGE CAR RENTAL which I think may have something to do with Hertz.........AVOID   AVOID  AVOID!!!

DOYOUSPAIN.com also has some responsibility here as it reflects badly on them also

Car hired for 6 days from San Javier Airport via DOYOUSPAIN.com I pre-paid for the car and knew that I would be charged for the fuel on arrival however I was totally gobsmacked that the total charge for fuel for a Kia Ceed (not the biggest of vehicles!!) 102.57 euros................  FFS..!!  86 euros was the fuel charge and they have then charged IVA (VAT) on top of that.

Has something changed as I thought fuel already had the IVA (VAT) included????

A total and utter rip off and it won't happen again as they have just lost as many customers as I can convince...  Why do they damage their business by ripping people off as they will just never come back.  First and last time I will ever use them, what is the old saying 'you only get one chance to make a first impression'  well ADVANTAGE you failed miserably

Jackie  
Member of the Girls Gold Buggie Club !!!

Like 0      
29 Jun 2012 4:15 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

For Just that reason 3 1/2 years ago. I purchased my own Spanish Reg Car.

€375 to park it at the Airport MJV. The Agent will for that annual price transfer my car to Alicante if I choose to fly in there.

Always met with a cheery smile and assistance at arrivals with the keys. Same on drop off.

Well done to Nic & Marianne not forgetting the lads.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cost of Living and Teaching in Spain. - 16 posts
Selling a car - 2 posts
Legal tip 796. What to do with my illegal house? - 2 posts
- 0 posts
What's happened to cheap flights - 32 posts
billy - 1 posts
driving licence - 32 posts
Buying New Car - Finance - 3 posts
Alternative phone number for Endesa's 902508850 - 3 posts
bit of fun - 0 posts
Wanted - Air Con unit - Algorfa (willing to travel) - 2 posts
For sale - single Wooden Headboard - Algorfa - 0 posts
For sale - Freesat box - Algorfa - 9 posts
Confused Help required FISCAL - 6 posts
“Don’t let a lost passport ruin your holiday!” - 1 posts
Any recent news... - 11 posts
Batxillerat Questionnaire - 12 posts
Where can I buy Jarapas rugs in southern Spain? - 6 posts
GENERAL ADVERTISING BY COMPANIES ON THESE INDIVIDUAL FORUMS AND THE BLOG SITE - 4 posts
Anyone using Hits mobile - 13 posts
Prescriptions charges - 59 posts
empty large van ret to uk - 0 posts
large van returning to uk empty - 0 posts
Brits begin to reclaim £400m in overpaid IHT from Spain - 0 posts
Van Man Rod - Warning - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x