police stopping uk cars at malaga airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 May 2012 6:58 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Mobailey. 

I think you should have given the credit to the web page where you copied the info from

However, how reliable is that page ?

Like 0      
31 May 2012 9:27 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

johnzx      i bet  you made a great  detective, Get a life pal

This message was last edited by newworld on 31/05/2012.

Like 0      
31 May 2012 9:43 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

In the detective stakes Pitby wins hands down

Apologies, jackt - from another thread about residency, I recall you enquiring about residence certificate, etc., and social security and mentioning that you paid Spanish income tax on your pension, so presumed that you were resident here (otherwise why would you pay income tax here?).

Again, sorry for the presumption

Like 0      
01 Jun 2012 12:36 AM by jackt Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Apology accepted

Like 0      
01 Jun 2012 11:20 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Loving this thread - what fun!

So, Jack, be honest: "I receive the uk state pension and other private pensions upon which I pay Spanish income tax", and you also enquired about getting on the Spanish health system. But: "I am not a permanent resident in Spain and spend about 6 to 8 weeks out here." Mmmm....something doesn't quite add up here...

I don't really think anyone owes you an apology.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
01 Jun 2012 11:54 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

01 Jun 2012 1:20 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

After reading the history for Jackt, his age, mentions of pension, signing onto health and Padron me thinhs that somebody may not be giiving people the full story and as suggested this is just a rouse not to register a car onto Spanish plates

Let's be honest if you are not a resident, and paying tax then you are not entitled to anything, if you are a resident youi have to re-register the car and me things that perhaps Jackt is spending a little more time than 6-8 weeks in Spain because in another post he talks about a tennancy agreement

Like 0      
01 Jun 2012 1:20 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Jack Quote from another  post of yours.   We produced our tennancy agreement, NIE etc.

Do you really have a tenancy agreement for just a 6 to 8 weeks stay? Or is it that you come for 6 to 8 weeks several  times a year? If that is so then if you are here for 183 in total in any 12 months you are resident (and tax resident too).

PS We don’t really care whether to are legal or not but consistency in posts is appreciated !

This message was last edited by elaineG on 01/06/2012.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2012 9:57 AM by midasgold Star rating in Mijas.. 93 posts Send private message

It matters NOT what the law is BUT how that law used by your " friendly " Guardia/Police (who see us Brits as source of income)at the roadside check.

HIS word is the one that counts !

My dispute on a legal point cost me 1500e in solicitors costs - before I cleared of any wrongdoing or fault.

Its a great life here in Spain - I want a Rioja !  

i

Like 0      
02 Jun 2012 11:41 AM by summer70 Star rating in Granada. 92 posts Send private message

summer70´s avatar

So, are the Spanish police stopping UK registered cars at Malaga Airport...?

Like 0      
02 Jun 2012 12:37 PM by plumbjan Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

I fully agree with the Guardia checking on illegal british registered car, this needs to be sorted out, Yes its nice to drive about in a car not registered as its cheap, but as Im legal and re´registered my car within the required time( It cost me 1200e) I think its absolutley discussting that so many Brits cant be bothered, and its not only Brits, I have no problem what so ever taking details of these cars and going to the Guardia, If one of them crashes into my car and I have to pay for the repair myself the owner of the illegal car will be dealt with, and this crap about getting a MOT from the UK  makes some of you feel you are legal then think on ?? you have to return to the UK within six months to have it legalised, thats longer than you are legally allowed to drive a Brit registered car here anyway. 

This message was last edited by plumbjan on 02/06/2012.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2012 12:44 PM by Abyss_Rover Star rating in Mallorca. 72 posts Send private message

For all those who paid for their foreign registered car to be registered legally. Does it matter if there are police at the airport, or anywhere else?

For all those who bought Spanish registered cars. Does it matter if there are police at the airport, or anywhere else?

For those who keep foreign registered cars legally in Spain. Does it matter if there are police at the airport, or anywhere else?

For those who are keeping foreign registered cars, in Spain, Illegally. It serves you right if there are police at the airport, or anywhere else and you get caught.

www.finditfme.com The new, advanced way to find what you are looking for.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2012 1:16 PM by papa Star rating. 64 posts Send private message

It's NO Problemo  Just bung 'em  40 Euros which they will pocket and say no more !

By the way I don't agree with this practice but I know it goes on !!

Like 0      
02 Jun 2012 1:18 PM by summer70 Star rating in Granada. 92 posts Send private message

summer70´s avatar

For all those who paid for their foreign registered car to be registered legally. Does it matter if there are police at the airport, or anywhere else?

For all those who bought Spanish registered cars. Does it matter if there are police at the airport, or anywhere else?

For those who keep foreign registered cars legally in Spain. Does it matter if there are police at the airport, or anywhere else?

Well actually it does, if you wish to get to and from the airport in a reasonable time. And it matters for those who are totally within the law but still worry about being stopped by the Guardia. It is a purely natural thing for some people to worry about this.

My remark above was a joke but based upon the fact that the questioner never received an adequate reply.  Instead he received a telling off and some went on a detection spree at his expense.

No wonder people are afraid to ask questions on this forum.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2012 1:27 PM by Abyss_Rover Star rating in Mallorca. 72 posts Send private message

If you are legal and you have all the appropriate papers, why do you think that the police would stop you? If they did, you can be quite sure that your vehicle will be remembered. As it would be if you were using it as an illegal taxi.

I don't think that a genuine question, from a genuine poster, would receive this response.

Although I know nothing about the original poster and have not wasted my time with any type of detection, if you read between the lines, something is missing!

Let’s hope that nobody asks if the police have new speed cameras.

This message was last edited by Abyss_Rover on 02/06/2012.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2012 1:30 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

There are plenty of forums where the moderators will shut a thread down the moment they suspect a user of any illegality (such as using pirate software and then asking for advice on how to use it). At least here the original poster now has the benefit of the honest opinions (for that is all they are of course) of other members. If he/she takes offence at them, he/she can seek a more preferable response elsewhere. Nobody should be afraid to ask questions - but they should be prepared to accept whatever answers come their way afterwards.

(Just my opinion, of course!)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
02 Jun 2012 1:32 PM by midasgold Star rating in Mijas.. 93 posts Send private message

PAPA - you are out of date  - it's a  50 - but leave it sticking out of the ashtray - you don't be done for bribery.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2012 1:35 PM by Abyss_Rover Star rating in Mallorca. 72 posts Send private message

midasgold  

Roberto

And he or she can always defend their self, if any post is incorrect?

This message was last edited by Abyss_Rover on 02/06/2012.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2012 1:44 PM by papa Star rating. 64 posts Send private message

Hi Midasgold

I only pay 40 Euros  I always ask for some discount and get it

Like 0      
02 Jun 2012 2:01 PM by finkies Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

When I first emigrated to Spain, I had, or so I thought, every aspect of being able to just drive to Spain, fully covered.

It was but 2 days before travelling that I decided to double check with my UK insurance company ONLY to be told that as I was not going to be permanently returning to Uk within 3 months, neither my Green Card or my insurance were valid.   Whilst I could ignore this new ruling and use my issued documents until I was covered with a Spanish company, if I had an accident I would be UNINSURED - and more than that, any such claim abroad would be investigated.

This was, so I was informed, new legislation introduced in 2006 - 3 months on a Green Card: having to be permanently resident in UK, and also returning there within 3 months - if not, I was uninsured.

There's no point in trying to buck the system, it's not worth it.   If I had injured or killed someone and been sued, in addition to all the full weight of the law being thrown at me (in whatever Country) I could have been looking at personally meeting a compensation claim of hundreds of thousands.

Yet still I see UK carson UK Plates here which I know for a fact have been here for one year+ - no road fund licence: no MOT, not even Insurance.

Keep these morons who would risk anything to save a few miserable pesetas out of my (and your) way, that's all I ask.

The law is universal. as well as being unconditional.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

The latest global economic scenarios - 3 posts
Generic Bank Guarantees - 34 posts
landlines adsl internet access 24/7 - 3 posts
alicante airport transfer - 20 posts
Corvera Airport - 13 posts
kitchen furniture - 8 posts
New administrative requirements for the EU member state residence certificate - 57 posts
Cede the Rights - 1 posts
Spain to close up to 30 state-run airports - 5 posts
Deposit refunded on El Patio - miracle by Costaluz Lawyers - 11 posts
Occupation Licence - 12 posts
Starting a market stall in marbella - 2 posts
CANON DIGITAL SLR KIT - including Wide Angle lense. Great for Property Shoots. - 0 posts
FORD FIESTA 1.4 DIESEL, 2007 PRIVATE SALE - 0 posts
Pick pockets in Vera almeria - 23 posts
SMART A FRAME TOW BAR - 3 posts
Making a Denuncia (crime report) in Spain - 0 posts
Learn Spanish - 0 posts
Someone has advertised my property for sale on eye on spain!!!! - 19 posts
UK THREATENS PLANS TO RESTRICT SPANISH AND OTHER EU MEMBERS FROM ENTRY - 1 posts
Jokes - 0 posts
Mum of 3 looking to meet friends - 0 posts
Car Hire Almeria Airport - 5 posts
INTERVIEW WITH KEITH RULE ON TELEVISIÓN HELLÍN - 4 posts
FINCA PARCS - TRIAL OF THE YEAR IN HELLÍN - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 83

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x