best fish and chips

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 May 2013 9:10 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Hi Semo

We actually made it for our fish and chips on Friday night, mind you it is a wonder we didn't get stopped for speeding as we were bombing down the road from Malaga to try and make it to Duquesa before 10.30 it was stressful but we did it.  Actually we rang Tim at about 10.15 to tell him we were on our way and would it be possible if we gave him our order he could put it ready to collect and we would be there perhaps just past 10.30, he was an angel and did just that we made it at 10.34 and we were starving (Ryan Air don't do such good food do they).  So the message is if any of you get stuck we are sure Tim would oblige he is such a nice guy and the fish and chips are good too.

Jojan

Like 0      
15 May 2013 10:10 AM by semo Star rating in Ireland. 84 posts Send private message

Glad you made it and enjoyed the fish and chips.  I'm sure that they will open later in the summer for the crowds coming out of the

bars.  I'm over in June so i will hopefully give it a go then.  I wouldn't dream of buying food on any airline - the cost is crazy. 

Hope you enjoy your stay

Moya

This message was last edited by semo on 15/05/2013.

Like 0      
15 May 2013 2:01 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

Jojan

Are you talking about Marlow's Fish and Chips near Eroski's Supermarket.

We always go there when we are over as everyoen loves it .    The staff are always so nice.

It is usually full of Gibraltaneans and believe me they are the best restaurant critics in the world. I know as I am married to one..

When you see a G number plate in the car park the restuarent will be good .  Justin would you  not agree.?

Please don't miss out the resatuarnts in Gib when you are in the vicinity . They have some of the best on that coast. . Try Jumpers for great fish and Tapas .

Tamsin

Like 0      
15 May 2013 2:01 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

Jojan

Are you talking about Marlow's Fish and Chips near Eroski's Supermarket.

We always go there when we are over as everyoen loves it .    The staff are always so nice.

It is usually full of Gibraltaneans and believe me they are the best restaurant critics in the world. I know as I am married to one..

When you see a G number plate in the car park the restuarent will be good .  Justin would you  not agree.?

Please don't miss out the resatuarnts in Gib when you are in the vicinity . They have some of the best on that coast. . Try Jumpers for great fish and Tapas .

Tamsin

Like 0      
15 May 2013 2:08 PM by semo Star rating in Ireland. 84 posts Send private message

Tim's is in the port.

Like 0      
16 May 2013 7:47 AM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Hi All

Yes Tim's is in the Puerto of Duquesa, we are familiar with Marlo's but they did close at 10.00 pm and we knew we just wouldn't make that one but Tim's was good too and so accommodating with our time.

We have been to Gib a few times and will look for Jumpers next time we are there which I suspect will be July now.  We have been doing crazy things like going for weekends which we probably won't do again there is too little time but we were swayed by low cost flights that we found however we did enjoy it and it feels quite exciting when you land on Spanish turf doesn't it?

Hope you all have good flights whenever you go, and fish and chips if you decide to do that.

Jojan

Like 0      
20 Jul 2013 5:20 PM by lizajennifer Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Hi all i am a new member on this forum, i really like thid discussion, very interesting. keep posting.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2014 6:37 PM by Fishcakebreadcake Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

After 8 months out here I need some decent Fish and Chips (strange the things you miss)

Is Marlows still open as I heard it had shut down? It seems to get a lot of good reviews.

Certainly no decent fish and chips here in Gibraltar :-(

Like 0      
23 Jul 2014 8:26 AM by semo Star rating in Ireland. 84 posts Send private message

Marlows is still open it's still good however i prefer Tim's in the port now.

Like 1      
15 Jan 2016 1:31 AM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

The best Fish and Chips in Spain are found on Camposol resort on Commercial sector B . Since leaving the resort we miss the fish and chips shop and its lovely staff . Passing Camposol   ? . Give it  try..

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 2      
15 Jan 2016 6:09 AM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Pearls Plaice Los Alcazares

Like 3      
15 Jan 2016 12:52 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

The Garden Bar, just off The Boardwalk at Calahonda, I have only ever eaten in, however they may do take-away.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
14 Apr 2016 4:58 PM by JuliaStein Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

JuliaStein´s avatar

Ooooh, thanx for recomendations! I've recently moved to Madrid, Spain, and I miss fish and chips and didn't know any appropriate restaraunt. 

Like 0      
14 Apr 2016 5:50 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Soem good answers on here but very subjective as we all have our own favourites and etc.  

I do wonder when expats say they miss fish and chips how often they actually had fish and chips from the chippy when living in the UK

Like 1      
02 Apr 2017 3:09 AM by kd09 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I tried the fish and chips in The Fish and Chips Shop in Barcelona Spain. It's the best tasting combination I've ever ate. It is at Carrer de Rocafort place I think. I have been there once only.

Like 0      
02 Apr 2017 1:01 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Living on the south coast of the UK when young we had fish and chips cooked using fresh fish from the sea and featuring crisp chips. After this I found fish and chips in most places in the UK unenspiring with the fish often clearly not very fresh and the chips soggy. It was obvious to me that the reason why people smothered it with vinagre and salt was to make it edible.

Some years ago I went to Aldborough where I was told that the local shop produced 'the best fish and chips' in the world. It was very good, mainly because they used fresh caught fish.

The best fish and chips I have had in Spain was in a Spanish restaurant in Roquetas del Mar. Superb fresh Hake and crisp chips. No idea of name. On front front coming from Playa Serena.

I frequently use Quesada fish and chips in Villamartin and find it good quality and good value. Just wish they had better pies for when you don't fancy fish!

Like 0      
16 Apr 2017 1:19 AM by JennyMy Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Absolutely agee with kd09! The fish & chips shop is a comfortable and warm place, and fish&chips they serve is awesome

They also have another The Fish & Chips Shop at Carrer de Balmes

This message was last edited by JennyMy on 16/04/2017.

This message was last edited by JennyMy on 16/04/2017.

Like 0      
18 Apr 2017 10:19 AM by Spanishpunter Star rating. 64 posts Send private message

I often joke with my wife, when we are sitting in La Frontera restaurant [Pozo near San Juan del Los Terreros] over looking the sea with blue skies having fresh tuna and chips [part of their Menu del Dia], that we are having 'our Spanish Fish & Chips' !!................the good healthy life!   

Like 0      
02 Jun 2017 1:01 AM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

My Wife and I also visited the crispy cod in fuengirola. As our knives entered the cod a lot of oil came out. it was terrible. we complained and were told that this happens when a particular person is frying. not the best explanation so gave them a second chance and again oil oozed from the cod. def will not be returning.

Like 1      
04 Jun 2017 2:34 PM by DaiFatBellyGutbucket Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

DaiFatBellyGutbucket´s avatar

You can’t beat Quesada, triple special, chips, mushy peas, loaf of bread and 10 pints.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

water and electric installation - 5 posts
Drives and paths - 0 posts
Moving To Marbella/ Spain - 5 posts
La Condesa de Mijas Golf - 7 posts
Hey guys I am new at here... - 1 posts
Web Development degrees in Spain - 3 posts
Re Mortgages - 1 posts
Legal issue boundary wall - 7 posts
Quoting for serious reformation work in an 8 storey building - 6 posts
Comparison website for electricity and gas prices - 0 posts
HELP in identifying Spanish Bank into which my Spanish Lawyer paid my deposits. - 7 posts
licence needed for refridgeration van - 5 posts
Through the Eyes of a Child... - 5 posts
Electrician - 1 posts
Murcia Council - 1 posts
Let us know if you come across any bugs on the forum - 13 posts
Thank you Lobin - 1 posts
Corruption in Spain is a Worrisome Issue - 1 posts
Corvera - Change of Ownership - 6 posts
Manilva area - looking for a really good / romantic restaurant - 2 posts
Where do we go to get a Padron in Jerez - 1 posts
What a terrible waste! - 6 posts
golf share wanted Gaudalmina - 2 posts
Where to go on the Costa Del Sol for Lunch - 20 posts
Residecia / I.D - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 43

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x