best fish and chips

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Apr 2012 9:17 PM by dunny Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

we went to the new quesada fish and chip resturant in villa martin excellent service,fantastic food unbelievable prices

fish and chips + bread and butter + side dish 6.00 euros  we could not beleive the portion size

overall excellent food,  Good varied menu   will go back again

Like 0      
23 Apr 2012 11:51 PM by Jimmy_Ymy Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

if you are in Estepona area,visit Bar Viceversa,for fish&chips,that´s the real deal,6,95 euros for fish and chips,mushy peas,tartar sauce,and it´s really cod,not river fish.really good fish,give it a try,and we´ll talk after.on fridays and saturdays.and the food they have on the menu,delicious,is homecooked,not morrisons.cheers

Like 0      
04 May 2012 12:49 AM by jdyerjay Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

talking about great fish and chips has anyone tried Zaks Fish n Chip in Garrucha in Almeria they are great the best fish n chips cooked to order that you will ever taste.So if you are down Garrucha way give them a try they are Grrrrrrrreat 

Like 0      
04 May 2012 9:24 AM by D_B_S Star rating. 178 posts Send private message

Forget the frozen fish and go for the fresh fish and shell fish available in many local Spanish restraunts.

David

Like 0      
04 May 2012 7:46 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

Best fish and chips?  That'll be Crispy Cod in Fuengirola....truly perfect 

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
04 May 2012 8:14 PM by Pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

Pilgrim´s avatar

Hi dunny,

yes, could not agree with you more!! Quesada II is the "real deal"!!

Last time we went, I ordered Cod and got two huge fillets, one on top of the other. I must have looked starving hungry, or something??

This meant I had to sacrifice some of me chips to have enough space. It was delicious!!

They certainly have a thumbs up from me!!

pilgrim

Like 0      
01 May 2013 7:09 AM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Hi All

Is there anybody out there that can tell us what time Tims fish and chip shop closes in Puerto Duquesa we are going out there late this weekend and want to pick some up on the way to our apartment?

Jojan

Like 0      
01 May 2013 8:46 AM by Pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

Pilgrim´s avatar

As an addition to my earlier post, recently, as it was my Birthday, I decided to peruse the Menu at Quesada II. Would you believe, they had Skate!! Being an ex-Londoner, that sounded like fish heaven to me.

Having said that, I queried whether the wings, as they all appear to be rather small these days, were of a reasonable size? The waitress said that she did not think I would not be disappointed!!

Oh boy!! it was almost the size of a small dustbin lid and absolutely delicious, cooked to perfection!! Very Little room for the inconsequential chips, which to be honest I could not finish anyway.

So, Quesada II is the only venue for my favourite fish these days.

Long may they reign!!

pilgrim

Like 0      
01 May 2013 11:18 AM by omarell Star rating in Baldock Hertfordshir.... 47 posts Send private message

I too use Quesada Fish and Chips.. I also have the skate and chips it is really good.

Like 0      
01 May 2013 12:43 PM by semo Star rating in Ireland. 84 posts Send private message

Open from 5pm - 10pm  and closed on Thursdays for a much deserved rest.

You can find Tim’s Fish & Chips on the top level of the Puerto de la Duquesa and you can call for your takeaway on +34 645099599

Not sure how up to date the times are but you could phone.

Like 0      
01 May 2013 3:48 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

I'm with Justin, the Crispy Cod in Fuengirola, looking forward to a return visit in June.

No matter how hot it is, Fish 'n Chips seem just right when beside the seaside.

Kelju

Like 0      
01 May 2013 5:41 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes have to say we like the Quesada fish and chips. love the skate I cannot manage to eat many of the chips

though. Even got our son beat and that is saying something, he can eat for England.

Patricia 

Like 0      
01 May 2013 7:42 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

01 May 2013 9:48 PM by AdrianH Star rating in UK (mostly) / Los Mo.... 23 posts Send private message

Quesada I or II are both excellent. Great fish, friendly staff and sensible prices.

Like 0      
01 May 2013 9:50 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Thank you semo that is a great help just hope we can make it we don't land until 21.10 so we will have to do as the Spanish do and bomb up the road with the hope we get there in time, of course we will try and ring him first.  Can't wait to get into some of that lovely sunshine.

Actually I wonder if anybody knows what time Marlo's closes just in case we miss Tim?

Regards

Jojan

Like 0      
01 May 2013 10:55 PM by gill556 Star rating in orihuela. 69 posts Send private message

Yes Quesada fish and chips for me and I used to own 2 fish and chip shops in the UK.

Like 0      
02 May 2013 1:02 PM by semo Star rating in Ireland. 84 posts Send private message

Marlow's no is 951 276728, sorry don't know the times.

Like 0      
03 May 2013 6:31 AM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Thank you Semo that will help us, we will ring at lunchtime....... here we come Spain....

Jojan

Like 0      
03 May 2013 6:45 AM by pff001 Star rating. 126 posts Send private message

Spud Murphys for me in Playa Flamenca although i have never tried Quesada fish and chips.

Like 0      
03 May 2013 7:48 AM by Pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

Pilgrim´s avatar

I have tried both Spuds and both Quesadas.

In the beginning, for me, Spuds was the bees knees but when the portions started to become a little on the "economic" side I gave my custom to the guys in both Quesadas, preferring the one in Villa Martin, mainly because of the decor and Skate the size of a small dustbin lid. Well, sort of. 

pilgrim

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

water and electric installation - 5 posts
Drives and paths - 0 posts
Moving To Marbella/ Spain - 5 posts
La Condesa de Mijas Golf - 7 posts
Hey guys I am new at here... - 1 posts
Web Development degrees in Spain - 3 posts
Re Mortgages - 1 posts
Legal issue boundary wall - 7 posts
Quoting for serious reformation work in an 8 storey building - 6 posts
Comparison website for electricity and gas prices - 0 posts
HELP in identifying Spanish Bank into which my Spanish Lawyer paid my deposits. - 7 posts
licence needed for refridgeration van - 5 posts
Through the Eyes of a Child... - 5 posts
Electrician - 1 posts
Murcia Council - 1 posts
Let us know if you come across any bugs on the forum - 13 posts
Thank you Lobin - 1 posts
Corruption in Spain is a Worrisome Issue - 1 posts
Corvera - Change of Ownership - 6 posts
Manilva area - looking for a really good / romantic restaurant - 2 posts
Where do we go to get a Padron in Jerez - 1 posts
What a terrible waste! - 6 posts
golf share wanted Gaudalmina - 2 posts
Where to go on the Costa Del Sol for Lunch - 20 posts
Residecia / I.D - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 43

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x