The Cheapest Diesel in Spain.....

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Mar 2012 12:00 AM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

Hi There, I get Diesel down in San Pedro for €124.9 a Litre, can anyone tell me is there any cheaper out there......

Like 0      
11 Mar 2012 11:31 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

We go to San Pedro when we are passing and have not found anything cheaper. It is between 8 and 10 cents per litre cheaper than the opposition and there are always queues.

Keep it quiet or there will be even longer queues LOL.

Jean

Like 0      
11 Mar 2012 12:33 PM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

I don't know if you have a Carrefour supermarket nearby, but I believe they offer the cheapest diesel around.

Another thing, I imagine you mean €1.249 per litre rather than €124.9 as otherwise we would all be pushing our cars around.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2012 1:04 PM by georgeh Star rating in condado de alhama sp.... 1462 posts Send private message

try biodiesel

Like 0      
11 Mar 2012 2:48 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Bio-diesels not recommended for most common rail diesels.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2012 9:16 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

i USE  THE GARAGE NEXT DOOR TO ICELAND AT SAN JAYIER ITS CHEAPER THAN MOST PLACES , ASK HIM FOR A LOYALTY CARD AND YOU WILL GET A FEW MORE CENTS OFF.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2012 11:53 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

Thanks for all your help regarding the price of Diesel I pay €1.24.9 a Litre, I will try that garage you suggested to see what price they are,

Like 0      
12 Mar 2012 10:19 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Wow, at €1.24 you are already getting a price way below anywhere else I think.  I paid €1.39 the other day in the Manilva area.

Take a look at this website in Spanish where you can compare fuel prices in different areas.  You will see that €1.24 is an incredibly low price.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Mar 2012 9:12 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

We called at San Pedro del Pinatar to fill up yesterday and is now 129.9 per litre.as it has crept up during the last couple of weeks.

Still cheaper then any other in this area though.

Jean

Like 0      
18 Mar 2012 6:48 AM by hamtune Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Think of us stuck in England (thanks to absconding builders SPM). We're paying £1.41.9 @ Morrisons in Morecambe :(

Like 0      
18 Mar 2012 9:18 AM by rinales Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We have a couple of logistics companies on the outskirts of town where you can buy diesel for the same rate as the truck drivers. Generally 10 to 15 cents cheaper than the garages.... 

Like 0      
18 Mar 2012 9:41 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Normal unleaded petrol 95 grade has gone to €1.50 a litre in the supermarkets around here.  That's up 4 cents in less than a week.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2012 10:14 AM by mikeinspain Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

mikeinspain´s avatar

There's an Android app called Gas Stations Spain - Hermanos Navarro (the one in SP) is listed in there.

It'll tell you the cheapest near you.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2012 6:35 PM by battybird Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

I will be hiring a car next week when I am over.Probably get stung for the fuel.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2012 7:40 PM by mikeinspain Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

mikeinspain´s avatar

Check all the hire companies out - I used to use BCO (Booking Centre Online) but found that their attitude stinks - and I got a cheaper car by going to Sol-Mar direct.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2012 10:22 PM by manxmonkey Star rating in Channel Islands. 81 posts Send private message

manxmonkey´s avatar

THE MOST EXPENSIVE PETROL IS ALSO ON THE COSTA DEL SOL AT €1.87c.  I have just been stupid enough to rent a car from ADVANTAGE car hire at Malaga Airport as I was offerred a cheap deal from Thomson when I booked my flight.  The deal was just €32 for a week for an automatic car. I rang a friend who said it was genuine as all the car hire companies were doing stupidly cheap deals soI  so I went for it. It turned out to be a Smart with not enough room for 2 people and luggage so my friend went by train as they literally said they had no other cars.  I should've walked away and just lost my €32 which I pre-paid as they then demanded a €400 deposit which the other girl in the office told me, "No one gets it back so you would be better selecting our full insurance deal".  The insurance twice as much as the vehicle rental butI I agreed as at that stage I hadn't seen the car and she did say, "It is not expensive for an automatic car".  Then after picking up the key I noticed another €58 was taken from my card ON TOP of the insurance which she said was for Petrol. I was annoyed that they took this without my permission as it states, "Cars will be supplied full, bring back full."  On my trip I completely ran out, rolling into the garage in San Pedro (yes queues) and filled it to the brim for €43.  To add insult to injury when I returned the car half a day late after a misunderstanding they had already taken a €60 late return charge and the smug staff seemed quite pleased about it. So real cost of a tiny smart car from Advantage was €160 for a week, I could have had a nice Seat from my regular place for much less.

I usually use Europcar who have always been really good, I've learned a hard lesson!

Like 0      
19 Mar 2012 1:07 AM by DonLochnagar Star rating in Mazarron. 161 posts Send private message

I got some in Mula, Murcia which I just happened to be passing through with an emptyish tank 6 weeks or so ago for €1.21.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2012 8:08 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

6 weeks ago !! The fuel price changes on a daily basis in Spain .

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2012 10:25 AM by DonLochnagar Star rating in Mazarron. 161 posts Send private message

I know but it was €0.11 cheaper than anywhere else.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

terrace - 1 posts
Help needed - 5 posts
Help from a distressed brit - 1 posts
there are good ones out there - 3 posts
Tennis holidays - 0 posts
Is there a transfer tax to pay? - 0 posts
The Cheapest Diesel in I can get is €124.9 a litre - 2 posts
best banks in spain - 3 posts
CGT double payment in Spain and UK - 1 posts
Compassion with developers? - 4 posts
There is, in fact, NOTHING that we can do... - 11 posts
Can you recommend a good (conveyancing) solicitor in/near Malaga capital? - 0 posts
Virtually free flights from Murcia (San Javier) - 1 posts
help us find a pianist! - 2 posts
Changeover costs - 30 posts
Real Murcia FC - 8 posts
Satellite Dish, dual LNB for sale - 8 posts
Im looking for LADDERS - 0 posts
I am writing an article for a rental website entitled: Hotels Vs. Villas - 6 posts
Hola! Just a simple introduction - 7 posts
gas heaters - 6 posts
Postal rates from Spain to Uk and Europe - 2 posts
Bilbao Hotel - 1 posts
Martinez Echavarria Almeria - 3 posts
Mobile Catering Units - any got any experience good or bad? - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 19

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x