Annoying Xmas Music on Eye on SPain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by gcarton Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

Is it just me? For the last month whenever I open a page on EyeonSpain or do a refresh, about one in ten times I get annoying music, Jingle Bells to be precise. I have tried doing a Ctrol F5 to refresh the page, but cannot get rid of it. Have I been spammed or is it still on the server?

Guy

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 8:36 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Have to say I have never heard any music or jingles on EOS Guy.  But perhaps I should have been

Patricia

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 10:09 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Nor me, mate - not a peep!

Steve

Steve.

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 11:55 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

How odd

I hate websites that play music when you load them up so I would never do that to EOS.

Is it only for EOS that you get it?

It all seems a bit spooky!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
08 Jan 2012 1:29 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Justin

Yes, I can confirm that the xmas music has been kicking in on random visits to the site. I did get a blast today.

s

Like 0      
08 Jan 2012 1:35 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Is it on the home page, or any other specific page??

What on earth is going on??

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
08 Jan 2012 1:43 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Justin

It's either on the home page or when you click through to a forum thread - I've had a quick navigate now and can't hear anything - last time I heard it was this morning, refreshing the page seemed to cure it.

Like 0      
08 Jan 2012 9:30 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

It did happen to me, when I clicked through from a newsletter email, I think.  Only the one time, a couple of weeks ago, not happened since!

Like 0      
08 Jan 2012 9:41 AM by gcarton Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

Justin, it is not just the Home page. Sometimes you click on a thread. I rather suspect it is an advert, if these are randomly generated each time a page is refreshed.

Guy

Like 0      
08 Jan 2012 12:06 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

I've also had this. Once yesterday, but as soon as I went back a page it stopped.

Like 0      
08 Jan 2012 12:31 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Have you tried clearing out your cookies? Easiest way is to install CCleaner (Google it for free download) and run it regularly.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
10 Jan 2012 11:09 AM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

Happy New Year to everyone

I just got the annoying Jingle Bells again and this is January 10!.  It stopped after I reloaded the page twice because after the first reload, the musc started again.  I am using a Mac Book Pro and will have to discover how to clear the cookies as I have never had to.  The music does not come on everytime, just occasionally, go figure!

Like 0      
10 Jan 2012 11:14 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi lobin

Do you remember what page exactly you were on when the music started??

I need to know this so that I can narrow down the culprit.

I still have absolutely no idea where it's coming from...I never put any music on the site.

Thanks

Justin

Like 0      
10 Jan 2012 8:51 PM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

Hi, Justin

The page I was on is "Last Updated Threads" which is the page I normally use to open EOS.  The music does not play every time. For example just now when I opened the page to reply, there was no music, but as I posted earlier, this morning I did get the music on opening the page and also on refreshing it.  The second time I refreshed it, the music did not play,

I hope this helps.

Like 0      
10 Jan 2012 11:03 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Are any of you seeing image ads on the page as opposed to purely text ads? I'm talking about the ads labelled AdChoices, not the ads by EOS sponsors. I only ever get text ads, but I believe the site can carry multi-media ads too, so it's just possible the music is coming from one of them - although I'm not aware that it's possible to have ads that play music automatically, and am fairly sure Google would disallow such ads anyway.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
19 Jan 2012 11:46 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Justin: I just got the annoying (and now out of date!) Xmas music. Here's your culprit: it's the footer ad served by Google.

Clicking it leads to this site: http://www.aldaniti.net/wingames/regalos_apple/indexm.php

I suggest you exclude that advertiser in your Adsense account, or exclude all multimedia ads. Problem sorted!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
19 Jan 2012 3:48 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

You star!!  Thanks for that.  I have now blocked them.

I've never come across an ad before playing music, that's very odd.

At least the mystery is now solved

Justin

Like 0      
19 Jan 2012 4:45 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
To tell the truth, I'm surprised Google didn't disallow the ad - one that slipped through the net. Anyway, glad to have been of assistance.

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

help - 1 posts
DUNNY - 6 posts
work in costa blanca - 0 posts
Whats it like in CDS at the moment - 9 posts
Options for: UK income, Spanish residency, US citizen - 0 posts
Packages Mijas - Hampshire: Carriers? - 0 posts
TRANSPORT TO MURCIA - 1 posts
Happy dia de los Reyes - 3 posts
Spanish Property Purchase last 2 Years - 3 posts
Sterling v Euro. - 17 posts
European banks and Spanish off plan disasters - 0 posts
hi friends - 0 posts
Hey everyone! - 6 posts
Medication prescriptions - 4 posts
Guardia civil complaints - 34 posts
Garnishm Bancaja bank charge. What is it? - 3 posts
need your help people - 2 posts
work - 4 posts
Skoda Fabia 1.9TDi Spanish LHD in UK - 2 posts
Car Rental from Malaga Airport - 6 posts
van hire alicanti airport - 0 posts
Mijas Golf Course - 6 posts
Holidays in Spanish family - 2 posts
Medical / Spanish Driving Licence? - 61 posts
Driving to Spain with a dog - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x