Medication prescriptions

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Just for info.

I am going away for 3 months to Malaysia, I got prescription from my social security doctor  for thee month's medications this morning

The doctor had said the maximun would be for two months but when I said I could not buy, at least some, of the medications over the counter without a prescription she relented.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2012 8:01 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

I worked in Malaysia about 12 years ago, medical services were good and getting any required drugs was very easy, so don't worry too much. Have a good trip you will enjoy it.

By the way, get down to KL or Singapore if you have not already been, brilliant places to visit

Like 0      
06 Jan 2012 8:45 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Mr Kevin,

thanks for the info.. It will be my third 3 month viisit  to Penang.    I have been to KL and Singapore.  Interesting places.

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 11:36 AM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

Is this visit as a tourist, Johnzx, or do you work whilst you're there?  What sort of place do you stay in and is the cost of living cheap?  Having just retired, I am eager to pursue my dream of travelling before I'm too old or too knackered to enjoy it!  Are there other countries anyone would recommend I visit?  Somehow, Spain, Portugal, Germany and France don't seem as exciting as they once were....

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 1:01 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Maddie

Penang comes a a pretty good second to Spain, where I have lived for about 25 years.

I am renting a 3 bed, two bath, apparent in Batu Feringghi. A few mins walk to the beach. It’s about £450 a month excluding electric. I have a friend who rents there in another block, bit down market, for so little that he rents for 12 months but uses it for 6. I can’t remember the exact cost. But it’s cheap.

If I ‘had to live somewhere’ other than Spain, I would probably live there.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Guardia civil complaints - 34 posts
Garnishm Bancaja bank charge. What is it? - 3 posts
need your help people - 2 posts
work - 4 posts
Skoda Fabia 1.9TDi Spanish LHD in UK - 2 posts
Car Rental from Malaga Airport - 6 posts
van hire alicanti airport - 0 posts
Mijas Golf Course - 6 posts
Holidays in Spanish family - 2 posts
Medical / Spanish Driving Licence? - 61 posts
Driving to Spain with a dog - 2 posts
Non Resident Bank Account - 4 posts
Corvera Airport latest - 0 posts
Licencia de obra - 10 posts
Driving from Torreivieja to Cork...... - 4 posts
Endesa and how they charge - 5 posts
What would happen to a Euro mortgage, if Spain dropped the Euro? - 35 posts
Anyone live in the Zaragoza region? - 0 posts
Traffic Penalty - 11 posts
car transporting - 2 posts
Weather in UK - 3 posts
Mi amiga Carmen - 0 posts
Renewing Residencia - 23 posts
Getting the money after judge finding in our favour. - 50 posts
Best Christmas present? - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x