Hey everyone!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by Padelfan82 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

I'm new here so thought I would introduce myself as per the forum title suggests....

I've been living in Malaga since June 2010, originally from Northamptonshire I came here to enjoy a more interesting and warm life than is available in the UK. So far so good, 19 months in, and my Spanish (whilst not exactly amazing) is definitely in the intermediate zone (I hadn't studied the language previous to 2010).

My main reasons for joining the forum are to help others who might be in an earlier stage than me (for example are still without NIE/residency card/bank account etc), and also to try and gain advice from others here who have more experience in other areas (for example health cover/taxes/buying cars).

I live in Malaga city, so can give advice to anyone seeking it about the various neighbourhoods here.

Nice to meet you all,

Oli

Like 0      
04 Jan 2012 7:26 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Oli, welcome to EOS

We were in Malaga recently to see the lights and they were amazing.  We love Malaga city, it's definitely very underrated and barely gets a mention half the time!

Glad you're enjoying your "Spain experience" and look forward to your contributions on the site.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 Jan 2012 8:59 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

Hi Oli...

Could you tell us a bit more about yourself?  With southern Spain being the way it is at the moment ie; hardly any work around...how are you funding your move to Malaga?  Do you have a job there, or are you retired/taking time out?  Your replies might be a great help to others wanting that more interesting lifestyle.  And well done with learning the language.  There are expats in Spain who've lived there for years and still haven't learnt as much as you!

Like 0      
17 Jan 2012 2:35 PM by sallybooboo Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Thought I'd join in...

I've been reading the board for ages now but just thought I'd finally join!

We bought in Spain a few years ago now. It's certainly had it's trials and tribulations... But it's so pretty in places and when it's sunny it means it, not like it is back home!

I can't say I'd do it all again, but hey we're here now and still alive and kicking (mainly helped by a few bottles of red!)

I'm just here to see if I can offer any words of wisdom or maybe just find some people who enjoy a good night out with a couple of weathered old hasbeens!

Oh, and I'd like to find a regular supplier of Branston Pickle from the UK! Love the stuff and customs are starting to get suspicious of my family bringing it whenever they travel!

Hasta luego!

Like 0      
17 Jan 2012 2:54 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Sally - you don´t say where you are, but if you are near an Iceland store (we have one in Torrevieja, La Marina and San Javier) then they sell your beloved Branston pickle.  I think Carrefour might have it too.

Enjoy! 

Like 0      
17 Jan 2012 3:00 PM by sallybooboo Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Bit of a trek for us, but I will remember that for next time I'm over that way!

Some home comforts just can't be forgotten!

Sal

Like 0      
17 Jan 2012 6:36 PM by lostagain Star rating. 57 posts Send private message

Large jar of branston pickle in cayetano 2.80 eu

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Medication prescriptions - 4 posts
Guardia civil complaints - 34 posts
Garnishm Bancaja bank charge. What is it? - 3 posts
need your help people - 2 posts
work - 4 posts
Skoda Fabia 1.9TDi Spanish LHD in UK - 2 posts
Car Rental from Malaga Airport - 6 posts
van hire alicanti airport - 0 posts
Mijas Golf Course - 6 posts
Holidays in Spanish family - 2 posts
Medical / Spanish Driving Licence? - 61 posts
Driving to Spain with a dog - 2 posts
Non Resident Bank Account - 4 posts
Corvera Airport latest - 0 posts
Licencia de obra - 10 posts
Driving from Torreivieja to Cork...... - 4 posts
Endesa and how they charge - 5 posts
What would happen to a Euro mortgage, if Spain dropped the Euro? - 35 posts
Anyone live in the Zaragoza region? - 0 posts
Traffic Penalty - 11 posts
car transporting - 2 posts
Weather in UK - 3 posts
Mi amiga Carmen - 0 posts
Renewing Residencia - 23 posts
Getting the money after judge finding in our favour. - 50 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x