Garnishm Bancaja bank charge. What is it?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by elena.vaz Star rating in In Loughton, but Id .... 28 posts Send private message

elena.vaz´s avatar
I have a mortgage with Bancaja and they've deducted a "Garnishm" fee. I haven't a clue what this is for as I didn't get this charge last year and hey haven't responded to my email query.

Has anyone else had this? Does anyone else have issues with Bancajas Cabo Roig branch? They don't seem to have any idea how to treat a customer fairly. They would never get away with the way they treat me here. However as I'm stuck with them now due to my mortgage im just having to learn to live with it...

Hay ho!

Like 0      
04 Jan 2012 9:48 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I just searched on Google. Although this is from USA it would appear to apply:-

A creditor or whomever is attempting to collect a debt, can file a lawsuit, and if they win, obtain a writ of judgment. That writ can be executed in the form of wage garnishment. Which is the process of having a set amount deducted from the debtor's wages each pay period that is applicable.

So it would seem that it is a charge which was awarded against you. I suggest you call your bank then you will know exactly what it was in your case.

Like 0      
04 Jan 2012 1:45 PM by auntielinda Star rating in San Miguel de Salina.... 646 posts Send private message

I have been with this particular branch 6years & have never had problems at all, ring them on this number 0034 966761620 that is the Cabo Roig branch. Are you sure the spelling is right cos it doesn't look like a Spanish word

Great Auntie Linda

Like 0      
06 Jan 2012 6:27 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Is it the same as an "attachment of earnings"?

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

need your help people - 2 posts
work - 4 posts
Skoda Fabia 1.9TDi Spanish LHD in UK - 2 posts
Car Rental from Malaga Airport - 6 posts
van hire alicanti airport - 0 posts
Mijas Golf Course - 6 posts
Holidays in Spanish family - 2 posts
Medical / Spanish Driving Licence? - 61 posts
Driving to Spain with a dog - 2 posts
Non Resident Bank Account - 4 posts
Corvera Airport latest - 0 posts
Licencia de obra - 10 posts
Driving from Torreivieja to Cork...... - 4 posts
Endesa and how they charge - 5 posts
What would happen to a Euro mortgage, if Spain dropped the Euro? - 35 posts
Anyone live in the Zaragoza region? - 0 posts
Traffic Penalty - 11 posts
car transporting - 2 posts
Weather in UK - 3 posts
Mi amiga Carmen - 0 posts
Renewing Residencia - 23 posts
Getting the money after judge finding in our favour. - 50 posts
Best Christmas present? - 8 posts
Fun for kids this 24th of December´s afternoon - 0 posts
Iberdola night & day tariff - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x