Non Resident Bank Account

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Non Resident Bank Account
Well with 2011 behind us now all Taxes paid. Bring it on 2012.
I have just checked my on-line Spanish Bank Statement.
It shows what sometimes maybe a forgotten payment for Non Residents who hold a Spanish Bank account.
This is the payment for holdingan account in Spain. Paid every 2 years

€6.84 per named account holder.

I bank with Banco Santander

It is important that this payment is made as accounts could be frozen.

Like 0      
03 Jan 2012 9:21 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

When you open an account in Spain you have to show your Passport as you do in UK to prove identity.  As a Non Resident you are not liable to pay tax in Spain so a Non Resident bank account is opened.

Two years from this date you will have to complete a Declaration stating your Non Resident status.  All banks charge for this service and failure to send or hand in Declaration to your bank can result in your bank account being frozen. 

Also when you renew your Passport you will have to take the replacement in to your bank so that they can take a note of your new number.

Your NIE will have your old passport number registered so ensure that you keep this passport should you need to show it as proof of identity.  It may not be necessary but why take a chance.

This is Spain, whenever you think you have the correct amount of paperwork another copy is demanded.  I saw a great clip once which showed someone finally getting one over on the beurocrats or jobsworth as they should be called.

Like 0      
03 Jan 2012 2:06 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Semijubilada

Neither my original NIE cert (white) nor my (Green Paper) EU citizen registration cert (often incorrectly  called a Residencia) show my Passport number.

As the NIE is one’s unique Identification number, why should one’s old passport number matter  ?

Like 0      
03 Jan 2012 9:36 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

\my mistake, the passport number is on the Escuturia (sp) so perhaps you could need it for that.  I kept mine anyway just in case.

Like 0      
04 Jan 2012 7:16 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Smeijubilada

Of course that's correct, although I sold a property some years ago using a Temporary Visitors Passport  which I got (at that time ) from the Post Office in UK.  I had bought the property some years before with the passport I had then.   There was no probelm whatsoever.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 04/01/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Corvera Airport latest - 0 posts
Licencia de obra - 10 posts
Driving from Torreivieja to Cork...... - 4 posts
Endesa and how they charge - 5 posts
What would happen to a Euro mortgage, if Spain dropped the Euro? - 35 posts
Anyone live in the Zaragoza region? - 0 posts
Traffic Penalty - 11 posts
car transporting - 2 posts
Weather in UK - 3 posts
Mi amiga Carmen - 0 posts
Renewing Residencia - 23 posts
Getting the money after judge finding in our favour. - 50 posts
Best Christmas present? - 8 posts
Fun for kids this 24th of December´s afternoon - 0 posts
Iberdola night & day tariff - 4 posts
A Digital Nativity - 0 posts
Who are you? - 7 posts
fruit & veg wholesaler - 0 posts
Ryanair card charges changed again? - 1 posts
Good news for one community in Spain - 1 posts
I have just used my Visa Electron - 1 posts
Bye Ryanair Well done Bmi Baby - 12 posts
British television in Spain - 0 posts
OPEN LETTER TO SR. MARIANO RAJOY - 4 posts
Keyholder required for La Marina property. - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x