:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jan 2012 2:24 PM by markspain Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Vauxhall frontera.

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 2:25 PM by TheGuru Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

I always carry a few hundred euros in cash this seems to make any problem suddenly disappear I have used it several times in the past

G

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 2:28 PM by markspain Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

I wish i had a few hundred to carry with me! We live off our earnings in UK letting a house there, its now been empty for 4 months so we are really struggling. The problem is, in UK, they take you to court if you refuse to pay a fine, here you have to take them to court, so its money up front for a lawyer. Nothing i can do about it. The local police say if you just dont pay it they can take your car etc. Losing battle really.

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 2:31 PM by midasgold Star rating in Mijas.. 93 posts Send private message

Yes guru, I was going to post the same solution but thought against it  as not being very P.C.

But like you have found that this does work but care has to be taken in its application.

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 2:34 PM by TheGuru Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

Third time lucky

What car is it please

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 2:34 PM by PablodeRonda Star rating in Ronda (Málaga). 76 posts Send private message

Are you guys talking about bribing a police officer? Surely not .....

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 2:38 PM by mishcom Star rating in Fuengirola. 6 posts Send private message

I think anyone trying what the theguru suggests is taken a big chance with the Police now, in the past 'up to a year or so ago' this could be done easily and was generally not a problem, cash could make larger problems go away but this is not so much the case anymore, you need to know exactly how to handle the situation! and even then you could very easily find yourself facing a bribery charge and not a simple driving offence. 

As I mentioned before: I have always found that being polite, calm and respectful towards a guardia Civil officer the best way to get off  a driving offence or at least have it reduced to a minimum, that is how it has always worked for me since I have had dealings with them... although the government needs money now and the DGT are pushing for more and more fines to bring in more and more money. The Police are also starting to realise that this is becoming less acceptable with other oficers in the force and I think you will find that because of this there are less officers that will be open to a bribe now... tread carefully. 

This message was last edited by mishcom on 07/01/2012.

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 2:38 PM by TheGuru Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

I always make sure the money is showing in my cup holder usually and just nod to it works everytime never hand it let them pick it up

I have lived in spain for 30 years I know all the tricks its the Wild West basically

G

This message was last edited by TheGuru on 07/01/2012.

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 2:39 PM by markspain Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi Guru, i already answered, the car is a vauxhall frontera. x

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 2:42 PM by TheGuru Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

Was he in front wheell or four wheel mode when it happened

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 2:45 PM by markspain Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Normal i guess....not 4 wheel drive. Like i said, didnt stand a chance with oil on the road, but neither us nor guardia noticed it till after they had gone, but we took a photo of it and the mark is still there on the road.

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 2:47 PM by TheGuru Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

The police were correct and you were guilty I am sorry I cannot tell you why its a trade secret next time just carry some cash 100 is the minimum for such an incident as this

G

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 2:48 PM by markspain Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

so we were guilty for slipping on oil.....dont be so silly

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 2:53 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

You have to be careful on spanish roads

This message was last edited by rod on 07/01/2012.

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 6:29 PM by TheGuru Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

Sorry but your husband is probably lying to you because you have no money and you are in a mess he,s trying to shift the blame from the accident on to the police and the oil so you do not shout at him.

You need to confront him straight away before it makes you more angry, no one has agreed with his account of the incident in the forum

Just sell the car to pay the fine or leave spain on the next flight

G

This message was last edited by TheGuru on 07/01/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Garnishm Bancaja bank charge. What is it? - 3 posts
need your help people - 2 posts
work - 4 posts
Skoda Fabia 1.9TDi Spanish LHD in UK - 2 posts
Car Rental from Malaga Airport - 6 posts
van hire alicanti airport - 0 posts
Mijas Golf Course - 6 posts
Holidays in Spanish family - 2 posts
Medical / Spanish Driving Licence? - 61 posts
Driving to Spain with a dog - 2 posts
Non Resident Bank Account - 4 posts
Corvera Airport latest - 0 posts
Licencia de obra - 10 posts
Driving from Torreivieja to Cork...... - 4 posts
Endesa and how they charge - 5 posts
What would happen to a Euro mortgage, if Spain dropped the Euro? - 35 posts
Anyone live in the Zaragoza region? - 0 posts
Traffic Penalty - 11 posts
car transporting - 2 posts
Weather in UK - 3 posts
Mi amiga Carmen - 0 posts
Renewing Residencia - 23 posts
Getting the money after judge finding in our favour. - 50 posts
Best Christmas present? - 8 posts
Fun for kids this 24th of December´s afternoon - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 35

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x