Local agents

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jun 2007 12:00 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

I recommend contacting the local agents in the area you are looking to buy.

We did this and  in the 2 years of house hunting we met many nice agents who were cheaper than the big boys and knew the areas well. Not pushy but helpful.

Also cheaper as they weren't paying a cut to a big agent back in the UK plus one to an agent in Spain plus one to a Spanish runner.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 5:00 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Agree 100%! We used a local agent in Almoradi and I can't praise them highly enough!  Helpful, caring, stood by us and helped us through everything. So different to so many of the tales of woe I read on this forum. If anyone is thinking of buying anywhere in the area, let me know and I'll pm you with their details. Incidentally, as well as local properties, they also sell on most of the big developments up and down the coast and I reckon they will beat all the bigger agents on price, as well as service!

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 5:02 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Couldnt agree more!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 5:42 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Interesting because we ended up buying ours through an agent in Almoradi too.

I wonder..................

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 11:04 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Laury, you are spot on! I've made similar suggestions on other threads. Stick to the small, local guys (& gals!) who have been around a while and really know their market. I've just put a property up for sale, using local agents who I know and have worked with previously. They work on fees of 3% in some cases, or fixed fees of 4000 or 5000€ in others. None of this 5% + BS!

If anybody is interested in the Torremolinos area, let me know, I may be able to help.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 11:09 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Here! Here!

At last,someone is championing the cause for us good guys.

I know a cracking local agent that always gives 100% and treats his customers first class.

I see him everyday,so if anyone wants me to pm them with his details please do.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 4:01 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Is that when your sahving your.........legs?

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 4:11 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I only sahve my chest and the palms of my hands for work as a rule.

you can tell you have been out for lunch. sahve is spelt shave,soom poeple.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 4:14 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Maybee I was spelching summat else.

Oh well - captured again..                 

What about legs? My son was told he could run faster if he shaved his legs. And he did!!!! (6ft 2 inches 15 year old with bald legs!!)

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 4:20 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
I am off now,have a great weekend catch you later x

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 4:40 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Mee too - cept Im locked in!!!  Dont ask but I will get out - old navy skills you know!

Have a great one and catch up tuesday (monday a hol here!!!)

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 6:31 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"6ft 2 inches 15 year old with bald legs!!"

Apart from the 15 years old bit, I thought that could have been Smiley? I doubt he ever steps out on a Saturday night without shaving his legs?

I had one of the national franchise agents (sounds like a technical house?) wanting to list my property today. They tried telling me they charge 6%, I showed them the door. They accepted that they could list it for 5%, I said do whatever you like, but don't bother ringing me with any offers at that level. They said if anybody made an offer, they'd be able to "consider" their commission. It's obviously a tough market out there, and I'm a tough git!

Sorry none of you guys (& gals!) are near enough to me to take it on, I bet any of you could do a good job of it.

Rixxy, holiday on Monday? What, here? Or only "there"?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 11:43 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Didnt think Smiley looked 6ft 2???? I had better not answer that one!

Yes it is a shame we arent nearer to you, and the hol (although muggins here is working) is a local Marbell one for the feria.

Glad to see priorities are still in place in Spain!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 1:38 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Morning all,

Just surfaced as i have been waiting for the blood to return to my acohol stream!

Toooooooooooo much partying at the weekend and it's monday already again!!!!

I think it's about 90+ degrees at the moment and not condusive with a hangover.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Rixxy-is there a relative of yours that has just joined the forum(oaprixxy) or is it just my blurred vision.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 1:53 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

MORNING (thought a good shout might wake you up!)

Not a good thing having too much blood in the alcohol stream, doctors advise against it and my last check up doc told me to ensure I kept the antifreeze levels up!

Anyway, yes had a great weekend thanks - what are you doing partying when you said you were gonna get my Wally for me!?

I dont know who oaprixxy is, could be my long lost grat grandad!!! Better behave myself!

Or it could be our blurred vission!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 2:10 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Found Wally and some of his friends on saturday nite!! he was dancing around the local bar with his mates the pink elephants!!!!!!

ooooooooooooh i do feel poorly!

Even typing this sounds like a firework display in my head!!!

I moved to Spain for a healthier lifestyle,90% of me is a lot healthier unfortunately that does not include my liver!!!!!!!

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 5:29 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"Didnt think Smiley looked 6ft 2???? I had better not answer that one!"

I was accounting for the red stilettoes, which naturally he only dons at weekends, with his favourite red frock.

Happy Feria, Rixxy!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
12 Jun 2007 10:43 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I think its actually Fuchia (however thats spelllted) but I get your point and you are totally correct.

I forgot you have only seen him in his shoes!!!!!

Had a great time, dancing in the streets and all that jazz............................

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Jun 2007 10:44 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Georgia - glad you found Wally for me! Keep the alcohol levels up and you wont feel so bad. Hangovers only happen when you raise the blood in the alcohol stream - trust me I know!!!!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Jun 2007 12:29 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Rixxy,

Totally alcohol free zone now!!!detoxed and ready for action!!!

never! never! never! never again! drink is evil!!

Hows things post Trevor? have the crowds of people searching for autographs and the oppurtunity to see the "great one" died down yet.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

COSTA DEL SOL TIPS & ADVICE - 8 posts
Fake Gas Men. Beware! - 2 posts
Justin, I want an EOS T-Shirt! Do other members? - 58 posts
New villa Mar Menor help furnishing please - 2 posts
Better late than never - 6 posts
Help - 8 posts
things to do nr punta prima beach - 3 posts
florida golf - 4 posts
Larios 2000 Court Case - 1 posts
Hello - 2 posts
colinas del lago los balcones - 1 posts
problems with atlas - 5 posts
Macro Communities - any info? - 16 posts
Murcia or Alicante we need advice. - 15 posts
Elegant Homes Worldwide Reservation before they will make the offer - 5 posts
colinas del lago los balcones - 3 posts
FRUSTRATED EL ZOCO PROSPECTIVE OWNER!!!!!!!!!!!! - 3 posts
A very big hello to all my new eventual neighbours!!!! - 6 posts
Whippy Ice Cream - 25 posts
how to get non payers, to pay community charges - 14 posts
Community charges..... non-payers....direct action? - 190 posts
Is this a first? - 8 posts
Murcia inspection trip - 8 posts
Builders need advice. - 2 posts
Issuing a Denounce - Advice Please - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 45

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x