Help

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jun 2007 12:00 AM by ollie57 Star rating in San Pedro. 16 posts Send private message

I am going out on one of these 4day trips with Iberian International. Can anyone tell me if they are a good company, are they hard sell, what the reps are like, and so on. any help would be appreciated

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 12:06 AM by kdouglas Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi

My hubby went out on an Inspection trip last year to Almeria and had a British married couple meet him.  They had about 2 properties to suit which was annoying as we told them before he flew out what our budget was and what we were thinking about.

This couple took him for breakfast, lunch and dinner - he hadn't eaten so well - he likes his food but was disappointed because it was such a waste of time.  Maybe he was just unlucky.  He did get the chance to have some hours in the afternoon to wander and go to another Agents nearby. 

They obviously do not want you meeting other agents which is why they keep a close beady eye on you.  The other  agent showed hime a property and on route passed the couple in the car - he had to duck out of sight which he thought was so funny and still laughs about it now.  

Anyway. thats our story - just make sure that they have plenty to show you and not just look whats available when you arrive.

He has also been to Murcia and had a good experience with a company there but cannot remember the name - if you go to Murcia let me know and I can give you their name.

This message was last edited by kdouglas on 6/7/2007.

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 6:27 AM by ollie57 Star rating in San Pedro. 16 posts Send private message

Hi, thanks for the info. I was told not to go to Almeria as most of the property's there are illegal or have problems. As it happens my husband and I are going to Murcia and surrounding areas. Did he find this couple pushy? I get really nervous if they dont take no for an answer.

I have been told we will be met by a couple, who will show us around the area, but they can be quite rude, I'm in two minds weather to cancel the trip.

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 10:29 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi ollie57

Welcome to EOS

We went out on an inspection trip, but with Atlas.

They will try to keep you "to themselves", after all, they want you to buy through them, hence the reduced cost trip.

My advice would be to stick with them this time, but hang fire, don't make any decisions, then either go with another company on another viewing trip, or go it alone.

You could rent in the area you like, hire a car and do your own thing.

Viewing trips are good, but remember, you chose to go through them, so you should at least be loyal to a certain extent to them whilst on "their" trip.

kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 12:02 PM by kdouglas Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello Ollie
The couple from Ibierian  weren't really pushy....my husband found them a little annoying because although he'd only been shown two properties in our price range they expected him to put a deposit down on one,  repeatedly saying that properties were going fast, giving examples of other clients who'd failed to do so and had lost out.  It did make him feel uncomfortable as they showed they were annoyed with them for not buying.   Plus they did not have much local knowledge.

It was an awful waste of time - stark contrast to his Inspection trip to Murcia earlier in the year.  The company (called Each Property) was much smaller who they met at the "A Place in the Sun" exhibition.  No hard sell and no pressure.  They were local Spaniards and had real local knowledge.
They took him to see the beaches including those not well known to tourists, to Murcia & Cartagena Cities,  the Mar Menor.   Later they emailed my husband information regarding Technology companies in the two big cities and a list of potential employers. 
Every trip has its story - hopefully you will be lucky. 

We haven't bought in Murcia... instead were off to Costa Del Sol for the employment opportunities.
I suppose the way you have to be is tell them what you want from your trip and don't be afraid to tell them so.

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 12:36 PM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

Hi Ollie.    These agents come in all types some try the hard pressure sell and others try the the slow sell you will only find out when there which type you have many areas have illegal builds but the agents will always say all is ok,  only your own lawyer will find that out,  its not a good idea to put your money down on the first trip you need alot more time than a few days . the best idea is have a good look around the area and ask about places in the area and leave your cheque  at home if that makes you feel safer, enjoy your trip and keep your head clear.     Rgds Rosi n

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 12:38 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Ollie,  We went with Iberian their was no hard sell in fact we could have walked away if we had wanted to but we did see the apartment we wanted. So we did go through them but I am going back to Feb 2005.  Their might be more pressure now I do not know.  But they kept me on the straight and narrow as we was going around with another couple who were spending more that us and I am saying wow I do like this, but they were telling me of and telling me to stick to my budget which was a good thing, but we still keep in touch with the couple now.   But just walk away at the end of the day if you do not see anything.   Good Luck Pat 

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 12:48 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Sorry to butt in, ladies and gentlemen, but I think perhaps you would get more information under the Buying a Property discussion board.  Try looking in the link below to find all sorts of info and advice on inspection trips and the like.

The Forum Help is actually for help regarding the website/forum, etc., like "when is Justin going to let us copy ourselves on Private Messages?", that sort of thing!!

You'll find loads of info in the other discussion board.

www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/ForumThreads.aspx

Enjoy!!

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 5:58 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Thorry Pitby,

we jarst gort cawwid away..........................

I am sober, promise, this is my grovelling "voice"!!!!!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

things to do nr punta prima beach - 3 posts
florida golf - 4 posts
Larios 2000 Court Case - 1 posts
Hello - 2 posts
colinas del lago los balcones - 1 posts
problems with atlas - 5 posts
Macro Communities - any info? - 16 posts
Murcia or Alicante we need advice. - 15 posts
Elegant Homes Worldwide Reservation before they will make the offer - 5 posts
colinas del lago los balcones - 3 posts
FRUSTRATED EL ZOCO PROSPECTIVE OWNER!!!!!!!!!!!! - 3 posts
A very big hello to all my new eventual neighbours!!!! - 6 posts
Whippy Ice Cream - 25 posts
how to get non payers, to pay community charges - 14 posts
Community charges..... non-payers....direct action? - 190 posts
Is this a first? - 8 posts
Murcia inspection trip - 8 posts
Builders need advice. - 2 posts
Issuing a Denounce - Advice Please - 7 posts
Trevor McDonald's disgraceful TV programme - 84 posts
EasyJet info - 69 posts
Aifos developers - 16 posts
Marina Dor - Serving a DENOUCE - Help please - 1 posts
Buying off plan - 13 posts
eyeonground? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x