COSTA DEL SOL TIPS & ADVICE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jun 2007 12:00 AM by Janmet Star rating in UK. 185 posts Send private message

We are soon to complete on a property in Carvahal near Fuengirola. We need some advice on the best places on the Costa del Sol to buy furniture, lighting, shower screens or information on places to visit or eat etc. Does anyone have any idea when the Ikea in Malaga will open?

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 6:37 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Re IKEA how long is a piece of string? This is Spain so it could be anytime between now and Armageddon - and does anyone know yet if they even have the licence to clear the ground becuase last I heard they didnt.

Lots of places in the Funky Town area to buy what you want - Miramar centre and the road to Mijas has bed shops furniture shops etc - also Corte Ingles in Fuengirola - if you venture further afield there is a Leroy Merlin DIY store at La Cañada shopping centre on the motorway just outside Marbella.

For places to visit Funegirola Zoo is brilliant - but you cannot beat the Crocodile Park at Torremolinos - next to the water park!! Its where you will see me in the flesh - I am the big 85 year old with 5 25 year old wives!!

This message was last edited by Smiley on 6/7/2007.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 6:38 PM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar

Hi Janmet,

I am from your neck of the woods almost ( I live in Hartlepool).

I believe IKea Malaga is opening before the end of the year but the one in Sevilla isn't too bad a journey along the Jerez tollway route.

Leroy Merlin (Malaga or La Canada) is good for bathroo fittings / showers screens and I think they do lighting also and garden / patio stuff.  Al Campo next door at La Canada are really good and reasonable for most household goods - electricals, laundry and kitchen stuff etc.

Good luck in your new home.

Caroline

This message was last edited by carolinej on 6/7/2007.

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 7:35 PM by valf Star rating in Dundee...Scotland. 62 posts Send private message

valf´s avatar

Hi Janmet

my brother lives in Carvajal.Where have you bought as I know the area very well? Good luck for your final move

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 9:11 PM by Janmet Star rating in UK. 185 posts Send private message

Thanks to all for the shopping tips. We are buying on the Don Juan development. Where is your brother living in Carvajal. We are really looking forward to the completion and getting all set up.

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 9:45 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Leroy Merlin is OK, Bauhaus (just past Malaga airport) has better service IMHO (German training perhaps?). Next to Bauhaus you'll find Conforama, which is IKEA in disguise. IKEA itself, I have heard, is opening in August....or "the autumn".....or sometime this side of Armegeddon, according to who you believe. (Smiley is usually right about everything, so I'd go with his estimation). If you decide to go to IKEA Sevilla, you don't need to take the Jerez toll road, you can go via Antequera. Allow a couple of hours, and if you have the time, try to visit the Minas de Rio Tinto, not much further past Sevilla and really cool. It's the original Brits in Spain enclave! AKI, next to Carrefour Los Patios, Malaga (not much further than Bauhaus really) has some great deals, if not quite the same range of goods as the former two stores.

God, I just re-read all that, and I sound like a right anorak!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 9:53 PM by valf Star rating in Dundee...Scotland. 62 posts Send private message

valf´s avatar
my brother lives in Edificio Macarena which is right on beach front.Carvajal is a lovely area,hopefully moving next year with the rest of my family.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 4:03 PM by Janmet Star rating in UK. 185 posts Send private message

It seems to be a standard theme that on new properties you must fit your own shower screens and bath screens. I would like to know where these are availble at a good price also if the fitting can be included in the price. If not does anyone know of a reliable shower screen fitter? Also the name of a reliable plumber and electrician would be useful.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 6:57 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Some people may prefer shower curtains, so that's probably why the developers leave it up to you. Why not let your fingers do the walking? Check your local Paginas Amarillas under "mamparas de bano" (there should be a squiggle over the "n", but can't find the option).

Electrician & plumber, in a new build? Oh-oh! Can't think what you need them for, but you could ask the developer who he used - after all, they'll know their way round the property best.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fake Gas Men. Beware! - 2 posts
Justin, I want an EOS T-Shirt! Do other members? - 58 posts
New villa Mar Menor help furnishing please - 2 posts
Better late than never - 6 posts
Help - 8 posts
things to do nr punta prima beach - 3 posts
florida golf - 4 posts
Larios 2000 Court Case - 1 posts
Hello - 2 posts
colinas del lago los balcones - 1 posts
problems with atlas - 5 posts
Macro Communities - any info? - 16 posts
Murcia or Alicante we need advice. - 15 posts
Elegant Homes Worldwide Reservation before they will make the offer - 5 posts
colinas del lago los balcones - 3 posts
FRUSTRATED EL ZOCO PROSPECTIVE OWNER!!!!!!!!!!!! - 3 posts
A very big hello to all my new eventual neighbours!!!! - 6 posts
Whippy Ice Cream - 25 posts
how to get non payers, to pay community charges - 14 posts
Community charges..... non-payers....direct action? - 190 posts
Is this a first? - 8 posts
Murcia inspection trip - 8 posts
Builders need advice. - 2 posts
Issuing a Denounce - Advice Please - 7 posts
Trevor McDonald's disgraceful TV programme - 84 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x