Murcia Appeal Courts for Bank liability for deposits refund

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Nov 2011 12:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Legal tip 632. Murcia Appeal Court for Banks Liability 
06 November 2011 @ 12:13 

Great new Court Decission by Murcia Appeal Court, dated this last September 2011, which establishes that Banks are liable of the refund of all deposits paid in off plan purchases, when the contract is cancelled due to delay, regardless there was an individual certificate of Guarantee or not.

Just proving you make payments to a Bank account held by the developer, Banks need to refund you, with legal interests and legal costs, regardless they were into a special account or not.

So, if you were paid just the amounts corresponding to the individual certificate of Bank Guarantee which was effectively issued to you, just ask now for the refund of the rest of your deposits, which did not have certificates of Bank Guarantees.

Excellent new for many of our Murcia clients. Great understanding of Law 57/68 again.

Keith Rule..... you are getting there!

Keep them coming!

Maria

P9251500

"P9251500".Cortes de la Frontera, Málaga, Spain, by stressbone, at flickr.com

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Nov 2011 1:32 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Maria,

Good news!

But is this just Murcia courts? What about courts in other regions?

Also can you explain to EOS posters what happens when monies were transferred by cheque to the developer instead of a bank transfer please. For instance if a conveyancing lawyer pays by this method and a BG was not made available, how do you ensure that the Bank Guarantee claim can still stand?

How can you ensure that the conveyancing lawyer provides the necessary details as evidence that monies were paid to the developer and not syphoned off elsewhere? You would need a payment order document wouldn't you?

Can you legally call that lawyer to account for these details within the bank claim process? If they remain obstructive to this process can they be forced by the judge to provide this detailed evidence (to prove monies went into a developer's account) at the point that the bank claim is actioned?

Thank you.

This message was last edited by ads on 07/11/2011.

Like 0      
07 Nov 2011 2:14 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Ads:

I am answering your message below in bold green ( same text as your email): 

Maria,

Good news!

But is this just Murcia courts? What about courts in other regions? Similar approach is being followed by TSJ Navarra, and Courts and Appeal Courts in Zaragoza, Granada, Elche, Cantabria, Burgos, Madrid, Málaga and Asturias... so far, to our knowledge.

Also can you explain to EOS posters what happens when monies were transferred by cheque to the developer instead of a bank transfer please. For instance if a conveyancing lawyer pays by this method and a BG was not made available, how do you ensure that the Bank Guarantee claim can still stand? Conveyancer needs to show where money was paid to. From that information, liabilities either to the Bank or the conveyancer can be applied.

How can you ensure that the conveyancing lawyer provides the necessary details as evidence that monies were paid to the developer and not syphoned off elsewhere? You would need a payment order document wouldn't you? I would need them to send to me information of money entering into a developer´s account. That was ( as still is) part of their due diligence.

Can you legally call that lawyer to account for these details within the bank claim process? If they remain obstructive to this process can they be forced by the judge to provide this detailed evidence (to prove monies went into a developer's account) at the point that the bank claim is actioned? Of course they can. We lawyers are under liabilities rules and Law as any other professional. That´s what we have our indemnity insurances for.

Thank you.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Nov 2011 2:33 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Thank you Maria.

Can I ask another question please?

When you say "From that information, liabilities either to the Bank or the conveyancer can be applied. " Does this mean that if the conveyancer has not provided the evidence to support where deposited monies held in a client account were transfered to (i.e. the proof that monies went into a developer account), that it will be the conveyancer that will be made liable to return these monies to the client? Or have I misunderstood this?

This message was last edited by ads on 07/11/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

community pool rules - 3 posts
La Marmitas Fuengirola - 0 posts
English speaking lawyer - 0 posts
registered online with aquagest - now how do I get my facturas - 0 posts
Christmas e greeting ... - 4 posts
cannot register online with aquagest levante - 1 posts
Towing a mini digger from UK to Spain - 7 posts
tax iva - 2 posts
cost saving tip when booking flights with the budget airlines - 0 posts
Aer Lingus - 0 posts
How do I find my old posts? and why do I not get email notifications? - 5 posts
Aquagest Estepona - 0 posts
Only have Spanish TV ...But... - 5 posts
Legality for Community AGM's/EGM's - 1 posts
Beware - 1 posts
Paying a speeding Ticket - 20 posts
Health Centre La Cala - 2 posts
€176 BILLION & COUNTING - BANKS REAL ESTATE EXPOSURE - 15 posts
endesa - 0 posts
Underbuild - 5 posts
Commonhold and freehold building elements. - 8 posts
Unemloyment in Spain - 5 posts
Hope: we are on the way out - 6 posts
Buying a golf property in murcia - 3 posts
Is there a benefit in being tax resident in Spain - 33 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x