Plastic bags for airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Oct 2011 12:00 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi, I am travelling back to UK for Xmas, and want to take hand baggage only (mainly due to crazy airline pricing for taking a suitcase).

It is the first time I have flown without a case, so can anyone tell me what I have to put in clear plastic bags, and whether I can use freezer bags to do this? Does toothpaste, perfume etc., have to be put in the bags? What else? And do these have to be scanned separately?

Thanks,

Jane

Like 0      
24 Oct 2011 2:55 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Last few times i have done this they have no longer requested the zip lock bags, all my liquids went into a normal make up bag and all was fine, depends on each airline, who are you flying with?

Joan

Like 0      
24 Oct 2011 3:39 PM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

BMI Baby or Ryanair (I know the latter like to get as much out of you as poss) so was a bit worried

Like 0      
24 Oct 2011 3:39 PM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

BMI Baby or Ryanair (I know the latter like to get as much out of you as poss) so was a bit worried

Like 0      
24 Oct 2011 4:04 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Ryanair: New European Union cabin baggage security restrictions were implemented on all flights to and from EU/EEA airports. Consequently, from this date, passenger cabin baggage containing any liquids, gels, pastes, lotions or liquid cosmetics MUST be presented at the airport passenger security point in a transparent re-sealable bag of no more than one litre capacity (e.g. 20cm x 20cm ziplock freezer bag). Only gels, pastes, lotions and liquid cosmetics in containers of 100mls or less will be permitted through the passenger security screening points at all EU/EEA Airports, please note there is a limit of one transparent resealable plastic bag per person.

BMI Baby: You are only allowed to take small quantities of liquids in your cabin luggage or on your person. These liquids must be in individual containers with a maximum capacity of 100 millilitres each. You must pack these containers in one transparent, re-sealable plastic bag of not more than one litre capacity.

At the airport you must:
• present the plastic bag containing your liquid containers to the screeners at security checkpoints for examination
• take off your jacket and/or coat. They will be screened separately whilst you walk through the metal detector.
• remove laptop computers and other large electrical devices from your cabin luggage. They will be screened separately whilst you walk through the metal detector.

Hope this helps,

Joan

Like 0      
24 Oct 2011 7:00 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

It's not the airline that vets your "liquids", it is the security at the airport. I was given a lecture a Luton airport as my plastic bag was bigger than 1litre. You are able to take up to 10 articles, liquids, pastes etc as long as no one piece is bigger than 100ml. A half full 200ml bottle will be confiscated. Luton airport sells bags at £1 for 3 bags at security!

Ryanair and most of the cheap airlines will only allow you one piece of hand luggage so everything has to fit into your hand luggage to get on the plane ie no handbag, no carrier bags with sandwiches in, no carrying of your favourite book etc. They do let you carry your coat so you can do what a lot of people do and carry a carrier bag under your coat over your arm but be careful as they could always stop you

Best bet is to check the website of the airport you are flying from.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2011 7:32 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I travel with Ryanair 5 or 6 times a year from Murcia or Alicante to Luton or East Mids.

I usually have a carrier bag of sandwiches from Pret a Manger and always a book in my hand and have never had a problem.

If you put anything liquid or cream or gel into a plastic resealable bag not bigger that 1 litre capacity you will be fine. I put mascara, lipstick, face cream , small size perfumeand toothpaste and other odd bits and never a problema ( I don't bother with hairspray, can buy when you get there).

This message was last edited by Karensun on 24/10/2011.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
25 Oct 2011 10:56 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

25 Oct 2011 10:56 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

25 Oct 2011 7:55 PM by barryjw Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

BEWARE ryan air have installed weighing scales at the gates to check hand baggage 

at murcia airport BEWARE

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is there a Web site with Historical Weather Stats - 0 posts
Three free legal guides by CostaLuz - 0 posts
Return to the UK? Never - 0 posts
outdoor dog kennel wanted - 0 posts
Marriage in Gibraltar?? - 4 posts
FLASH FLOODS FINESTRAT - 1 posts
Hailstorm in Baza . - 0 posts
Are you glad you bought your holiday home.....or do you regret it? - 17 posts
Hi - 2 posts
Legal tip 619. Letter from CostaLuz. Number 2 - 0 posts
Online Shopping: Ring Sizes? - 2 posts
Valor Catastral Increase 2010 - 6 posts
Vetting Lawyers - How do I know I can trust them? - 12 posts
Post repossession woes - 3 posts
new internattional golf course to be built in province of cordoba - 1 posts
Van with space going back to UK - 0 posts
Private House clearance sale.... Grab a bargain! - 0 posts
The cheapest funeral plan going! - 26 posts
Bank Charges - 8 posts
Spain's Stolen Babies - BBC 2 tonight at 9pm - 8 posts
Hola Expats - 0 posts
Looking for long term rental in Los Alcazares-Campoamor area(or anywhere near the sea) - 3 posts
DVD recorder not compatible with Sky box - 5 posts
yoigo pay as you go? - 2 posts
Any info on the new Seville southern ring road? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x