Valor Catastral Increase 2010

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Oct 2011 12:00 AM by BILL1 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I have just recieved notification of my Valor Catastral for tax year 2010 and it is 162% higher than 2009 making my non-residents tax 351.00 Euros higher than last year. There was no forewarning of this or indication that it was going to jump by such a large amount. Has anyone else had a bill increase of this magnitude and does anyone know if you can contest it. Also my IBI has increased by 32% as well. I know Spain is in financial difficulties but I did not expect to have to bail them out myself!!!!

Bill Hayes

Like 0      
21 Oct 2011 8:25 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

what municipality?

Like 0      
22 Oct 2011 9:09 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Bill are you aware that prior to the increase the coefficient used to calculate the tax due was 2%  after revaluation it is 1.1%

Like 0      
22 Oct 2011 10:47 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

But that would depend on the date of the previous valuation

2% up to 1994

1.1% post 1994

The problem with many municipalities is that they re-valued in 2007 when prices were at an all time high.

and the knock on effect is that the minimum deemed value for a conveyance then exceeds the market price.

Back to original poster and it may be you were just lucky to have a very low catastral value up to now and now you are where you should be?

Like 0      
22 Oct 2011 2:08 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The re-valuations were done at different times by different municipalities.

Quote  and the knock on effect is that the minimum deemed value for a conveyance then exceeds the market price.

Faro.  Now you are extending the thread. May I suggest  you post it as a new thread so as not to confuse those who do know too much about Spanish taxation.

Like 0      
20 Nov 2011 12:28 PM by PMillsom Star rating in Midlands. 469 posts Send private message

PMillsom´s avatar

My Valor Catastral increased also by 150% for 2011.

The Manilva rates bill shows the "Ano V Catast/Ano Ylt. Rev " to be " 2011/2011"  - my understanding of that is that the valuation will only impact wealth tax for 2011 that is to be paid by Dec 2012?    

My agent who pays for tax (for a modest sum - PM me if you want the contact details)  reports that

next years (2012) payment of  the wealth tax will be  Euro 358 !

Like 0      
20 Nov 2011 12:46 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The Wealth Tax (Patrimonio) which MAY apply again (depending on which party gets elected today, PP said they will abolish it) exempts the first 300,000 euros value of a property, for both resident and non-resident owners, thus, unless the catastral value, or the declared value on the Escritura (they use the higher of the two) is more than that, then there is no tax to pay. ( A property jointly owned will have that that exemption for each owner).

The non Residents property tax  will continue to apply, unless the new Government change the law.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Vetting Lawyers - How do I know I can trust them? - 12 posts
Post repossession woes - 3 posts
new internattional golf course to be built in province of cordoba - 1 posts
Van with space going back to UK - 0 posts
Private House clearance sale.... Grab a bargain! - 0 posts
The cheapest funeral plan going! - 26 posts
Bank Charges - 8 posts
Spain's Stolen Babies - BBC 2 tonight at 9pm - 8 posts
Hola Expats - 0 posts
Looking for long term rental in Los Alcazares-Campoamor area(or anywhere near the sea) - 3 posts
DVD recorder not compatible with Sky box - 5 posts
yoigo pay as you go? - 2 posts
Any info on the new Seville southern ring road? - 0 posts
One Month On! - 17 posts
LEGAL HELP Does this sound right to you? - 16 posts
Transfer of ownership from moral owner to legal owner when consent is not given - 7 posts
Removals - 0 posts
Costs for extending mortgage by 10 years - 8 posts
travel links to Denia - 0 posts
Is there a minimum age to leave children alone? - 5 posts
Resident or Non-Resident, confusion - 36 posts
LHD LANDROVER FREELANDER 2003 - 4 posts
Selling apartment and garage separately - 1 posts
Web-Based Start-Up Business - 6 posts
ANYONE INTERESTED IN A HOUSE-SWAP HOLIDAY? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x