FLASH FLOODS FINESTRAT

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Oct 2011 12:00 AM by meggie Star rating in England. 114 posts Send private message

I sincerely hope that nobody here has been affected by the flash floods in Finestrat near Benidorm where two British pensioners have been drowned.  My husband and I almost bought a property there a few years ago.  It's a lovely village full of very friendly people....and how sad to know that the street market was held on a dry river bed that had been tarmaced over just for this purpose.  Nobody knows better than the Spanish why these dry river beds need to be kept free for flash flooding.  What were they thinking about?  The town hall was told not to tarmac, but I guess it's OK to do what you're told not to as long as you pay the fine...80,000 euros!  Shame on them. 

Mag

Like 0      
24 Oct 2011 12:19 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Totally agree with your comments.

On the Spanish news they were interviewing some of the market traders, who had lost nearly everything, and they were saying that they've had worse rain that this and it's never caused this level of devastation.

But like you say, filling in a dry river bed was always going to lead to some sort of problem somewhere along the line.  And here when it rains it more like monsoon weather than just rain.

I felt very sorry to hear about the British pensioners, it sounded like they had no chance.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hailstorm in Baza . - 0 posts
Are you glad you bought your holiday home.....or do you regret it? - 17 posts
Hi - 2 posts
Legal tip 619. Letter from CostaLuz. Number 2 - 0 posts
Online Shopping: Ring Sizes? - 2 posts
Valor Catastral Increase 2010 - 6 posts
Vetting Lawyers - How do I know I can trust them? - 12 posts
Post repossession woes - 3 posts
new internattional golf course to be built in province of cordoba - 1 posts
Van with space going back to UK - 0 posts
Private House clearance sale.... Grab a bargain! - 0 posts
The cheapest funeral plan going! - 26 posts
Bank Charges - 8 posts
Spain's Stolen Babies - BBC 2 tonight at 9pm - 8 posts
Hola Expats - 0 posts
Looking for long term rental in Los Alcazares-Campoamor area(or anywhere near the sea) - 3 posts
DVD recorder not compatible with Sky box - 5 posts
yoigo pay as you go? - 2 posts
Any info on the new Seville southern ring road? - 0 posts
One Month On! - 17 posts
LEGAL HELP Does this sound right to you? - 16 posts
Transfer of ownership from moral owner to legal owner when consent is not given - 7 posts
Removals - 0 posts
Costs for extending mortgage by 10 years - 8 posts
travel links to Denia - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x