I see the Doom & Gloom Merchants have taken over the site again

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jul 2011 12:00 AM by hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

Does anyone have anything amusing or uplifting they can share? At the moment, this site is like listening to Leonard Cohen at 4am after having drunk half a bottle of scotch.

LETS RECLAIM THE SITE!

Like 0      
07 Jul 2011 2:16 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Hello Hammersfan:

Glad to see you again.  And, yes, it is rather gloomy, isn't it! 

We could try to liven it up.

Patricia

Like 0      
07 Jul 2011 2:19 PM by strewth Star rating in Spain. 195 posts Send private message

strewth´s avatar

Leonard Cohen AND scotch? You should be so lucky.

Too fat to boogie!!  

Like 0      
07 Jul 2011 2:22 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Hammers.

I see there is a "Club de Risa" Laughter Club (Yoga Laughter Club" down Estepona way. 

Could be a start.....

Like 0      
07 Jul 2011 2:26 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

hammersfan, perhaps you would like to start the ball rolling with a funny uplifitng story........

Poppyseed

Like 0      
07 Jul 2011 2:36 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsnwXFhynL0&feature=related

John Bishop, hilarious!

Like 0      
07 Jul 2011 4:04 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

07 Jul 2011 4:30 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Uplifitng?

Hmm!

Well... apart from the fact that my 'man boobs' will need a bra soon if I keep on eating all the lovely Tapas whilst partaking in the local celebrations around this time of year (which there are several every week) and consuming vast quantities of Tinto Verano and/or Cerveza!

Also, watching the 'Flamenco' dancers during the 'Fiestas' can also be very uplifting...  very uplifting indeed!

And to lift your spirits further... for those in the Duquesa / Manilva area.... Free Tapa

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
07 Jul 2011 5:34 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

07 Jul 2011 6:40 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

"Uplifitng?

Hmm!

Well... apart from the fact that my 'man boobs' will need a bra soon if I keep on eating all the lovely Tapas whilst partaking in the local celebrations around this time of year (which there are several every week) and consuming vast quantities of Tinto Verano and/or Cerveza!"

I think you'll find the technical term is Moobs Techno 

Like 0      
07 Jul 2011 9:03 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

From January 2011

"China and Spain: A brighter future through win-win cooperation", published by the Spain's newspaper "ElPaís", was written by Chinese Vice Premier Li Keqiang.

"Situated on opposite ends of the Eurasian continent, China and Spain are geographically apart. But our peoples are close and our economies have much to offer one another. The fine tradition of friendship and exchanges between our two countries dates back a long time ago. Since the establishment of diplomatic relations, China-Spain relations have stood the test of time, and gained increasing popular support. The achievements in bilateral relations are encouraging. Spain has achieved a high level of economic and social development. It leads the world in information, tourism, financial services, renewable energy and modern agriculture. There is much for China to learn from Spain's development experience and practices. At the same time, China, with its huge population and big market, will bring Spain tremendous business opportunities. Looking ahead, China-Spain cooperation is bound to grow in both width and depth. To divide something by 1.3 billon may be discouraging. But it is definitely encouraging and even exciting to multiply something by 1.3 billion. If each of the 1.3 billion people in China would buy a bottle of olive oil or taste a few glasses of wine, the demand will outrun Spain's annual supply. And if only a few in every hundred Chinese would travel to Spain every year, no hotel room in Spain will be left vacant. And for Spain’s transport, telecommunications, banking and insurance sectors, some of their biggest future customers would be Chinese. China supports Spain in the series of economic and financial adjustment measures Spain has adopted, and is convinced of the certainty of full recovery of the Spanish economy. China is willing to explore, together with Spain, the positive and effective forms of cooperation. China is a responsible long-term investor, both in the European financial market and in the Spanish financial market. China has confidence in Spain's financial market. It has purchased Spanish Treasury bonds and will buy still more"

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/china/2011-01/03/c_13675031.htm

Like 0      
07 Jul 2011 10:34 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Somehow the prospect of China buying up and Spain (and possibly the whole of the EU) doesn't really fill me with joy!

Poppyseed

Like 0      
08 Jul 2011 1:14 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Come on hammersfan, you end your post with "LETS RECLAIM THE SITE!" and leave it at that!

And it's unfair to say doom and gloom merchants have taken over when you can't offer anything positive yourself.  Even your thread title is negative!

When people have problems they come to forums to find solutions.   That's what it's here for.

If you want to start some positive and happy threads then by all means....get stuck in.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
08 Jul 2011 2:39 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I should be feeling all doom and gloom as it is my 60th birthday today, but I am not, I still feel about 30 but know I don't look it, feel the most content in my life at the moment, lovely apartment in Duquesa and all my lovely friends out there, and all my lovely friends and family here who have made my 60th so special, love to you all.

So cheer up everyone as life is far to short to feel all this doom and gloom and just look at all the lovely things in your life.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
08 Jul 2011 7:12 AM by furnitureinfashion Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

** Edited - Spam**

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 08/07/2011.

Like 0      
08 Jul 2011 9:10 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

What a lot of tosh Maureen............ 60 is the new 40 don't you know

Like 0      
08 Jul 2011 9:22 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I know, thats what I tell everyone, but just get strange looks, your as young as you feel and it's only a number so everyone tells me.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
08 Jul 2011 9:51 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Sooooo true Maureen,

Have a lovely day

Like 0      
08 Jul 2011 10:25 AM by hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

Justin,

When I opent this thread yesterday during a very quick tea break at work, the threads WERE all negative...pretty much the usual suspects telling us that Spain is incompetent, corrupt , full of Builders going bust etc.

I totally accept  your point that people have problems that they seek the experience of others on the site to help with...I myself have done so on several occasions, usually to great effect...but there is a difference between asking about airport buses or local restaurants and this continual moaning about the justice system. I was looking for a little light relief during 5 minutes downtime at work and got-as my thread suggests-all doom and gloom.

The Justice theme has been done to death...WE GET IT OK!...don't keep rehashing it from a slightly different angle as if this is breaking news that we all need to be aware of and hadn't heard before.

I could have documented a happy or uplifting topic myself  but  I actually opened the thread to FACILITATE people to discuss happier topics, which if you read the thread, has largely been successful..

EOS is a great source of communal wisdom and experience, it is informative, funny and sometimes even sad, but it is that MIXTURE that makes it compelling. If we let it become taken over by a single issue, it loses it's appeal and value, and I for one think that would be a great shame so  yes it would be nice to reclaim the site from what I call the Doom & Gloom merchants.

Like 0      
08 Jul 2011 11:34 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Let me explain Hammersfan....... the research goes on to establish a route out of this mess, and to try and stifle that passage of information and a means of organising an effective way forward is not only wrong, but it would ultimately do a grave disservice to finding a solution to the major problems encountered (and growing in magnitude as we speak).

We depend upon those good souls who have knowledge to share it, so as to establish a credible way forward, but not just that, the vulnerability and frustration experienced by those caught up in this injustice (and it is major injustice) has to be exposed, as there are all manner of differing situations occuring as we speak, and many (even those experienced souls) are learning how to counteract and deal with the issues, on the hoof. We depend upon that exchange of information to not only solve the problems but to provide support to one another. And we were hoping that this support would not only come in the form of petition signing but moral support for our endeavours, not to be slapped down as doom and gloom merchants.

Sadly the realities are in the main very gloomy, as more and more instances of differing forms of injustice come to the fore, and they need anaysing, supporting and exposing to the wider world, as they are, in the main, totally innocent people that are being abused by all manner of tactics and corrupt practice. Sadly the justice system in Spain is leaving many of these people unprotected through non enforcement of successful judgements (which I have been banging on about for ages now), and financially this leaves them in very difficult circumstances as they desperately endeavour to continue to fight for justice. All too often as one door opens it is closed in our faces. So if anyone needs blaming for this increased requirement to communicate together, it is the Spanish Government at all levels  and those continuing to lack the resolve to enforce justice.

If everyone came together on this (including those not directly affected), there would be a much swifter solution, as the pressures on the Government would be enormous, and I wish that Justin was able to pull together this support via all the community threads, to speed up this process of information gathering and thereby have an effective lobby of people to make our voices heard. In the meantime, of course we want you happy souls to remain happy, but please don't under-estimate the complexity, the gravity of the changing situation as more and more differing forms of injustice come to light, and the communication required between us all, to achieve a solution and credible way forward. It is not just a case of you thinking the Justice theme has been done to death...... there are new instances that we are all having to deal with, to comprehend and find solutions to every single day, more's the pity.

In the meantime I'll leave you to enjoy your happy thread but please don't tiltle it in such an inflammatory way. It just adds to the pain of thinking we have to once again take timeout to justify our corner. Your comment ,"The Justice theme has been done to death...WE GET IT OK!...don't keep rehashing it from a slightly different angle as if this is breaking news that we all need to be aware of and hadn't heard before. " This statement is so wrong, as you are obviously unaware that much of this relates to new injustices that are coming to light that require analysis and exposure. THEY ARE INDEED BREAKING NEWS as are the methods that we are employing to pressure the powers that be. Also any new information that we gather from our unending background research and Keith's amazing media compaign needs to be communicated to those who may benefit or need reassurances that the family of EOS is doing their bit to help!

I hope this explains the situation a little clearer.

Hope you liked the John Bishop video!

This message was last edited by ads on 08/07/2011.

This message was last edited by ads on 08/07/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

mega - 0 posts
advice once again please on handing back keys etc. - 10 posts
Community Fees - 0 posts
RECOMMENDATION FOR OUTSIDE WALL PAINT SPRAYER - 0 posts
bungy - 0 posts
lift from airport 9th july 2011 .. help a local ? - 2 posts
Overdue AGM - 0 posts
Re statistics and the Inspectorate Service of the General Council of the Judiciary in Spain - 1 posts
Antiquity law - 11 posts
Car rental deposits - 3 posts
Benimar - 1 posts
Palmeras de Calahonda III - 1 posts
Spanish Taxes on closing a Bank Account. - 0 posts
Lost my case - 13 posts
3 days to stop Murdochs media takeover - 0 posts
Stair gate (baby gate) - 7 posts
spanish property law. - 0 posts
spanish property law. - 0 posts
Ripped of by Solmar - 5 posts
Trouble posting blog - 3 posts
Dog barking all day when its locked out on balcony - 6 posts
falsified certificate of habitation - 2 posts
SPA GOERS - 1 posts
Moving to Marbella in october !!!!!!!! - 34 posts
Free Paella - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 78

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x