What's your favorite airline?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 May 2011 12:00 AM by samdino Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

i am looking at taking a trip to Madrid, Spain in a couple of months. I have been looking up airplane tickets and I wanted to know, which airline do you prefer when taking trips out of the country? I looked up United and it was like $2000 for one person.....is this the normal rate for every airline? or United just expensive?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like 0      
27 May 2011 4:09 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I asume you are flying in from outside the EU at those prices? If you were flying within the EU, prices can be anywhere from £50 upwards. Some of the flight trawlers don't give very good results either. I can get a direct flight for £80 return, yet the flight trawler wants over £1000 with 3  stops!!

Mark

Like 0      
27 May 2011 4:16 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

At the risk of attracting red arrows I have never had a problem with Ryanair, or for that matter easyJet. They're coaches with wings; simple. Booking can be tricky but that is an industry problem; not an airline one. Yes, you do have to stick to the rules but if you do there shouldn't be a problem.

As others have pointed out the Costas and much else of Europe would be inaccesible without them. I Checked Baltic Air one way to Riga in Latvia. They flew direct only from (nightmare) Madrid. They wanted €1,000. Ryanair and easyJet combined from Alicant to Riga via Liverpool; two flights; total a little over €125. A no brainer.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
27 May 2011 4:36 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Samdino.

If you tell us where you are flying from we may be able to help a little more.  US?  Australia? I should imagine, for the price you quote, it must be some distance away.   

Like 0      
27 May 2011 4:49 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Sam

It looks like you are thinking of travelling from America.

Have a look at the Spanish carrier Iberia, not normally renowned for cheap flights, it appears you can fly Madrid - New York return for around 650 euros per person in September.

Going off topic, how many of you knew that our friends at Ryanair fly internal routes in Spain?  I didn't until playing about the other night. Booking a few weeks in advance you can fly Malaga - Barcelona return for around 30 euros per person, now that's what I call a bargain.

Like 0      
27 May 2011 5:34 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
I believe Delta airlines also fly to Madrid and Malaga.

Like 0      
27 May 2011 5:36 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

I saw an Alicante - Seville (Ryanair) for €8.  Not sure of the add ons but as it is about 500km work that out in petrol at €1.35 to the litre. Who would have thought you would see the day when air travel was much cheaper than taking the family car?

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
27 May 2011 7:06 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

I get a news sheet every few days from Ryanair showing all the very cheap internal flights you can see it here

http://www.ryanair.com/es

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Blackberry Messenger - Best Provider - 3 posts
Gasoleo B - 2 posts
Desperate for a job - 3 posts
Old paper UK driving licence - 5 posts
Palmera Properties / Inroal Andarax lost deposits - 14 posts
where to live - 7 posts
Legal tip 539. Bargains by Banks: 60.000 units - 0 posts
I am a newby on here - 2 posts
V1 Feria de Sevillanas Formentera de Segura May 2011 - 5 posts
Legal tip 538. I am doing something crazy this summer - 7 posts
Orange - ADSL con Televisión Orange - 0 posts
Racism in school - 33 posts
Half Moon Holdings SLU - Holiday club re-sellers - 5 posts
Need work - Gandia - 3 posts
making a tax return 2010 - 3 posts
Sign Ruth's petition - 0 posts
Sign Ruths petition - 0 posts
Sign Ruth's petition - 0 posts
Flying to Gibraltar - 0 posts
Marbella feria - 2 posts
tow bar - 2 posts
Via Regia Project - 2 posts
Prepayment Master Card - 0 posts
Leeds Bradford airport introduces £2 drop off fee. - 6 posts
Lightweight wheelchair for sale almost new. - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x