Half Moon Holdings SLU - Holiday club re-sellers

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 May 2011 12:00 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Does anyone know anything about this outfit?

They claim to re-sell holiday packages.

Modus operandi is a phone call from them and then a request for an up front fee of EUR1,295 and then a few weeks later when they have found a 'buyer' they ask for a further EUR1,600 to prepare sales contract etc.

I don't know if any sales ever do take place becuase all my enquiries are at stage 1 & 2 ie request fro funding!

To me it sounds a con but ......

Half Moon Holdings SLU
Apartado de Correos 173, Torre del Mar, Malaga, 29740
CIF: B93063337
http://hmholdingsonline.com/Home.html

Like 0      
25 May 2011 2:21 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Faro:

Sounds to me like a scam.  Advice: don't even go there.  You will notice that the website gives no information or details of the "company". 

Have a look at this:

http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/index.php?topic=12318.0

Patricia

Like 0      
25 May 2011 5:30 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Thanks campana

Unfortunately the person involved has already paid the first amount EUE1,295 and only became suspicious when asked for a further EUR1,600 to prepare the sales contract.

But the link you posted certainly confirms my gut feeling.

I don't know why more can't be done to shut down these bogus operations.

Also why do they all decide to operate out of Spain - becuase it's a country without laws and also totally unregulated.

BUT - YOU try and set up an honest little business and they will make your life a living hell with licences and regulations etc

Like 0      
25 May 2011 6:06 PM by mattresscleaning Star rating in FUENGIROLA. 106 posts Send private message

I spent 10 years in every aspect of holiday ownership / timeshare from the kids on the street with ´winning´ scratchcards all the way up to the reps touring the couples, then sales deck manager.

I have seen every kind of resale / phone room and let me tell you one thing....

IF THEY WANT MONEY UPFRONT FOR A SALE THEN YOU ARE BEING SCAMMED!!

you don´t pay an estate agent upfront fees and the same applies to any holiday ownership.

If you read the so called contract (which will nearly always be faxed or emailed, never recorded delivery) you´ll find hidden in the tiny print that the upfront fee is a listing fee for advertising your details, NOT A GUARANTEE OF SALE.

I was lucky enough to work for the more reputable companies (yes they do exist) but even they had reps and systems that were designed use a ´smoke and mirrors´ technique to show the good bits and not the rest (but that is sales in general to be fair).

Also, check with your resort if they will allow you to transfer it if you do sell it, some even prevent that (mainly actual timeshare)

Hope this helps,

Ryan

Like 0      
25 May 2011 6:53 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Exactly what Ryan says!!

Go with care, Faro.

Patricia

Like 0      
25 May 2011 6:58 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

More.....

"The person calling from HM Holdings contacts the clients on a “cold call”, and claims to be calling from London, Dover Street.  They even quote a UK Prime phone-number for calling back 0844 822 8128 and 0844 279 3891 but their contact address is located in Spain in Torre del Mar-Costa del Sol! Needless to say that the address is only a post box and UK Prime-telephone lines can be diverted to Spain."

Taken from:

http://mindtimeshare.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/have-you-been-called-by-half-moon-holdings-or-hm-holdings/

And to be fair:

"Bogus resale companies are a worldwide problem and not only or exclusively related to Europe"

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Need work - Gandia - 3 posts
making a tax return 2010 - 3 posts
Sign Ruth's petition - 0 posts
Sign Ruths petition - 0 posts
Sign Ruth's petition - 0 posts
Flying to Gibraltar - 0 posts
Marbella feria - 2 posts
tow bar - 2 posts
Via Regia Project - 2 posts
Prepayment Master Card - 0 posts
Leeds Bradford airport introduces £2 drop off fee. - 6 posts
Lightweight wheelchair for sale almost new. - 1 posts
Schools in Almeria-Almerimar HELP! - 0 posts
Where is tax office in Almeria region? - 3 posts
Is this legal? - 7 posts
Mortgage company Suing us in England - 5 posts
Golden Retrievers - 6 posts
Golden Retrievers - 0 posts
902 numbers - 3 posts
office table - 0 posts
Is a Carpark space counted as a second property from la renta tax perspective? - 1 posts
SMART CURRENCY - 12 posts
PSOE OUCH! - 3 posts
British v Irish Consulates - 6 posts
Online Translations - 73 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x