When exactly are taxes due?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 May 2007 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hiya Guys,

Have 'sniffed around'  the forum and not been able to find an answer to this one:

We completed August 2006 on a property which was valued at €218.000,00 (and small change - I do love that film)

When should I start paying taxes?

Am going to buy a guide from Fibby and help donate some much needed funds for Emma

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
24 May 2007 10:58 AM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

Hi  TecNoNpe          The  tax year runs from end  Dec.    to     end  Dec  payments run a year late for the property tax form 214 ,    as you completed in August o6   they proberly dont count that  so this year counts as the first year  (following me )   so no tax is due until the second half of 2008 if that makes sense ,  to work it out you need the declared  value from orignal papers or IBA  from the council if you dont have all these papers or no lof at presesnt  let it go as the tax office will proberly write to you at some stage ?       Hope this puts some light on it . Regards  Rosi n 

Like 0      
25 May 2007 2:29 PM by Glyn the Lawyer Star rating in Jávea / Xabia, Benij.... 19 posts Send private message

If you completed in 2006 and you are fiscally non-resident you should file a tax return this year. In calculatring tax due allowance is made for the fact that you may not have owned the property for the entire year. In addition, you should ensure that you have only one registered property as the situation differs when an owner has two distinct registered properties (eg. an apartment and garage registered seperately).

Like 0      
31 May 2007 9:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Glyn,

Just saw this in another forum. http://www.thinkspain.com/hottopics/residencytax/wealth.asp  We were under impression the wealth tax for non residents could be paid anytime up to end of 2007 for tax due for 2006, ie.. a year in arrears.

However this article states ( scroll down) ......... & I see it mentions 2002 so could've changed. Maybe that's why all the confusion, who knows ?

Returns and Payments
The wealth tax form has to be completed and tax is payable between 2nd May and 1st July for the previous tax year.

Source: BlevinsFranks

Seems so many people are desperately trying to do what is correct & getting conflicting information. Please advise on this if you would. Thank you.

Kind regards, Rosemary

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/31/2007.

Like 0      
31 May 2007 10:36 PM by Glyn the Lawyer Star rating in Jávea / Xabia, Benij.... 19 posts Send private message

This is referring to Wealth Tax for Residents and the period for filing this is curently underway. For non-residents who own one registered property they are entitled to file a "simple" return (modelo 214) in the year following any year in which they have owned a property. That return corresponds to the previous year (or part thereof) of ownership.

Like 0      
01 Jun 2007 12:17 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Whew, thanks for that Glyn. It was very kind of you to post after I also sent you a Pm asking you to comment in this thread.

Kindest regards,

Rosemary

Like 0      
01 Jun 2007 2:05 PM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

Hi morerosado   We have always paid our tax you refer to  214 form direct to the tax office as late as early Dec.  for the year before and never had any problems with that;  we have heard of people never paying any tax for 30 YEARS can you believe that and they never had any problems from the tax man.       Rosi n

Like 0      
02 Jun 2007 5:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Rosi

Our friends who completed the day after us two years ago knew nothing about having to pay wealth & income taxes till we told them. They went to a solicitor recently to arrange to pay 2005 taxes as even though they completed April 2005 like us they had to pay income tax from April 2005 to Dec 2005 plus wealth tax on full year. They hadn't paid these by end of 2006 & tax office fined them so be warned. Don't fancy the chances of those who've not paid in 30 years

Regards,

Rosemary

Must be well past my vino hour, where is it ?

Like 0      
04 Jun 2007 11:30 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Technoape, thanks for agreeing to buy a copy to help swell Emma's fund.

My Guide to Paying Taxes in Spain (Non Residents), answers all of the queries on when/how to pay in this thread.

If anyone wants any further info, please PM me........

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
30 Aug 2007 4:18 PM by melaniew Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello

Have been trying work out from the tax site ( www.agenciatributaria.es) how to find out where the local tax office is (nearest to Playa Golf iii, Lomas de Cabo Riog, Orihuela) armed with Babelvista translation, but the Spanish is defeating me.  Am planning to make a stab at working out the taxes myself, using Sue Chester's guide.  I want to collect the stickers and envelopes when I visit our property next month.  Can you help?  Thank you very much.

Melanie

Like 0      
31 Aug 2007 6:11 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi,

I have snt you a PM

Regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Taxation on two properties - 1 posts
Land Registry - 0 posts
Importing an English plated car - 3 posts
hi,new to site purchased in cox - 9 posts
Refund of Deposit - 1 posts
What is this ? - 5 posts
Any good Employment Agancies in the CDS? - 10 posts
anyone bought / moving to San Miguel de Salinas (Angelina apartments)? - 20 posts
Importing a car derived van into Spain - 45 posts
Private Message - 2 posts
information about the Condado de Alhama resort - 8 posts
We're new and buying in La Tercia Real! Anyone else?? - 10 posts
Gardening - 2 posts
Spanish will - 16 posts
New Channel - 3 posts
Anyone moving to Lebrrija? - 27 posts
Veronica - 7 posts
Kids discos san pedro/estepona - 0 posts
Taxation on two properties - 5 posts
Liverpool Athens 2007 - 12 posts
Inner Life in Spain - 0 posts
Election time - 36 posts
Completing on new property when developer has gone bankrupt - 2 posts
hello fron anneF - 6 posts
Airport transfers - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x