does anyone ever get a reply from do you spain?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 May 2011 12:00 AM by y100 Star rating in london/los montesino.... 36 posts Send private message

I have been trying to contact do you spain for weeks and nobody replies to my emails. Has anyone contacted them by phone? If yes then could they tell me the response.

Like 0      
22 May 2011 3:21 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Never tried by phone, but I did email them once to say I wanted to cancel a booking as it was cheaper elsewhere. I had an email next day from them offering to price match. It comes from a different address shown on the website and I don't now know what it is, but worth a go if you have an upcoming rental.

Mark

Like 0      
22 May 2011 3:41 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Marksfish, Yes the same thing happened to me. 

Y100, you know what to do, cancel the booking.

Like 0      
22 May 2011 6:46 PM by lytton Star rating in Bath & North East So.... 422 posts Send private message

Hi

I think it depends what you want them for. I've made bookings before with them and when I call the number on the booking voucher, I get through to the actual rental company they have allocated to me and not DYS.

Phil

Like 0      
23 May 2011 9:53 AM by patts Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

yes, with them  it is always the same, I prefer to book with rentspain  the prices is the same and they answer quickly the last e-mail I sent regarding the baby seat for my child.

Like 0      
27 May 2011 11:59 PM by y100 Star rating in london/los montesino.... 36 posts Send private message

well I have given up on DYS and cancelled my booking. I have now gone with rentalcarinspain.co.uk so I will see how they are. I have to say I am impressed thus far and received a personal email within the hour.

Like 0      
28 May 2011 9:02 AM by goodwin Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Hi

we have always used this company when hiring a car costablancaselfdrivecarhire and never had a problem also very reliable.

Goodwin

Like 0      
28 May 2011 10:06 AM by y100 Star rating in london/los montesino.... 36 posts Send private message

just looked at them goodwin but they look way more exspensive plus I am not going straight home. Do you always have to collect the car at your house or can you get it at the airport

Like 0      
28 May 2011 10:25 AM by goodwin Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Y100,

We have done both courtsey transfer / and pick the car from the airport rep, With regards being expensive when given a quote that is all you pay as they say no hidden extras, Not like most of the other car hire company's at the airport  there are always add on's and you can always speak someone.

Goodwin

Like 0      
28 May 2011 10:38 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Regarding doyouspain & rentalcarinspain THESE are ONLY brokers even if rentalcarsinspain do email you back. You still have to abide by the requirements of the actual car hire companies you are placed with.

See http://www.rentalcarinspain.co.uk/Terms.aspx

Try these, they have good press.

http://www.easyoption.com/  Torrevieja

@goodwin: I've heard PJ's ...  http://www.costablancacarselfdrivehire.com/ ... can be expensive but definitely a good idea if you don't fancy tackling driving out of & back into the new Alicante terminal.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 28/05/2011.

Like 0      
30 May 2011 5:42 PM by y100 Star rating in london/los montesino.... 36 posts Send private message

well I arrived at the airport and went in the dickmanns minibus to collect the car. I paid for the half tank of fuel and that was it, no other hidden extras. The car was so clean inside and out that I could eat my dinner off it. The staff were excellent, this is proper customer service saying 'I want the customer to come back to us again' and 'tell your friends about us'. In the 8 years that I have been using the various hire companies, this has been the best.

I had started to give up all hope of finding a company that I wanted to use again. Maybe I have found it with these two, fingers crossed.

I hope the service is as good when I take the car back on Thursday.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2015 12:00 PM by cale Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

This is the 2nd time we have tried to use this company, both times we have paid but not received voucher, hence we have been unable to pick car up because they have not informed us where to pick vehicle up. I have e mailed 7- 8 times but no one has got back to me, very frustrating!!!!!  Will never use them again.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2015 12:32 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I use Do you Spain all the time and can honestly say no problems, I use Fire Fly and my voucher has always come over to my email address then print it out, worth a check in your your trash bin as well in case it's gone to that..

Good idea to set your email system to let you know when your sent mails are read.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2015 8:25 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Do you Spain are nothing more than a internet booking company thay do not have any cars of their own if you have any trouble like I had when my flight was cancelled you will find that the two tel numbers that give are permanently engaged and that do not reply to your email I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN I was left with no choice other than to book with another car hire company l lost £200 bastards

Like 0      
21 Jan 2015 8:26 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Do you Spain are nothing more than a internet booking company thay do not have any cars of their own if you have any trouble like I had when my flight was cancelled you will find that the two tel numbers that thay giveare permanently engaged and that thay do not reply to your email I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN I was left with choice other than to book with another car hire company l lost £200 bastards

This message was last edited by windtalker on 21/01/2015.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NEW BUS SERVICE FROM ALICANTE TO TORREVIEJA - 10 posts
administrators and community accounts - 1 posts
New Alicante airport - 2 posts
advice needed - 4 posts
bus sevice - 0 posts
Talking of Internet Connections - 1 posts
Most Popular Radio Station? - 0 posts
Want an old non functioning small satellite dish CDS - 1 posts
Andalucia, dangerous dogs. - 2 posts
Conjugation practice - 2 posts
Link - 1 posts
How to put a photo on a blog?? Help!! - 4 posts
Anyone know of a good car painter in or around Fuengirola - 4 posts
Anyone returning to the uk from costa del sol - 2 posts
Gas appliances and flues? - 1 posts
car swap - 4 posts
living and working in spain - 15 posts
Damage From Earthquake - 5 posts
working from home - 0 posts
Kindle in Spain - 12 posts
will I get healthcare? - 2 posts
south of Spain Help - 11 posts
LFO - 1 posts
Valencia airport to Murcia airport - 9 posts
playpen - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x