car swap

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 May 2011 12:00 AM by billy1420 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I'm moving to Spain soon.  I have a 2002 VW Polo 1400 Automatic  Three door in Navy Blue.  25,000 miles on the clock in excellant condition.  I'm told by the local VW garage I should ask £3000 for it.  I'd like to swap for a Spanish registered car.  Anyone returning to the UK????

Billy 07946054905

Like 0      
19 May 2011 9:16 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Hi Billy - where in Spain are you moving to? (a bit more info would probably be useful for people to know). A straight swap may not be that easy .... There's been a few threads covering this quite recently ...

Like 0      
19 May 2011 11:04 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

If the local VW garage think its worth that money you should sell it to them because you will get no where near that in Spain

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
20 May 2011 1:19 AM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

if someone is leaving spain and are willingto swap a spanish car for english the chances are it will be a wreck.

people hang on and delay until they run out of money and desperately have to leave which means they may not have spent a penny on the car for months or years and it will need lots of repairing to get it back upto scratch.

unless you are moving to one of the british ghetthos in spain where english cars are the majority you should ditch it and buy a spanish car which is fun and very akin to a dentist trip.

Like 0      
20 May 2011 10:26 AM by mgk Star rating in Penthouse 2. 241 posts Send private message

mgk´s avatar

Personally I wouldn't bother bringing it to Spain, you will end up practicaly giving it away, my experiance involved trying a car swop then trying to pt. exchange for a Spanish car neither successful, so save yourself the aggravation, sell before you come!

www.condadoelectricalservices.com        condadoes@live.co.uk

tel.605 832  795

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

living and working in spain - 15 posts
Damage From Earthquake - 5 posts
working from home - 0 posts
Kindle in Spain - 12 posts
will I get healthcare? - 2 posts
south of Spain Help - 11 posts
LFO - 1 posts
Valencia airport to Murcia airport - 9 posts
playpen - 0 posts
UTILITY CONNECTION FEES - 2 posts
cheap guest house / hotel in manilva area. - 3 posts
Mattress 190 x 135, brand new - 0 posts
properties in monda with no habitation licence - 5 posts
Spanish youth rally in Madrid echoes Egypt protests - 11 posts
Honda Goldwing Trike for sale - 1 posts
JUST TWO QUESTIONS I WOULD LIKE YOUR READERS TO APPLY TO - 0 posts
Dispute with a hotel fee - 2 posts
Using Facebook to rent out your property to holidaymakers - 6 posts
New-nationally introduced health, safety and security training for workers in Spain - 0 posts
Any info on Almerimar? - 10 posts
Any lawyer/someone with experience who could be kind and help explain the squatting rights in Spain please - 8 posts
Pet supplies - 2 posts
cant wait to leave uk for good - 0 posts
Televes satelite receiver Spain. uk programmes - 1 posts
Tipping in spain.What do you do? - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x