Gas appliances and flues?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 May 2011 12:00 AM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Hi,

Why is it that my gas fired water heater has to have a flue, but my gas oven does'nt need one?

After all, it's just as likely that anything I take out of my oven is just as hazardous to your health (not yet proven!) as anything that comes out of my water heater. I'm not really trying to make light of this. I just don't understand it. They are both running from the same gas supply, so why is one dangerous without a flue and the other not?

Regards, Febe

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
21 May 2011 11:05 AM by roko Star rating in murcia. 6 posts Send private message

hi febe,

your cooker and hob are known as open flued appliances. these appliances should be installed in an open space of 10m2 or more. this allows any harmfull toxins to dispers into the atmosphere before they can become harmfull. the cooker also has safety devises on it to aid in its safe use.(too long winded to go into in detail). also cookers and hobs only have a low kilowatt rating around 2-3kw any appliance with a kilowatt reading under 7kw does not require additional ventilation.(kilowatts KW is the unit used to measure the heat output of an appliance) however your your water heater is a sealed unit and will have a kilowatt reading of around 24kw. being a sealed unit it therefore needs the flue to take in air to create the correct combustion for the gas burner and allow it to run efficiently. the water heater has a safety device linked to the combustion of the appliance if it does not have the correct combustion the water heater should over heat and cut out. this is just a quick simple answer as there are other factors. also the two appliances coming off of the same gas pipe has no bearing on flue regulation.

roko.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

car swap - 4 posts
living and working in spain - 15 posts
Damage From Earthquake - 5 posts
working from home - 0 posts
Kindle in Spain - 12 posts
will I get healthcare? - 2 posts
south of Spain Help - 11 posts
LFO - 1 posts
Valencia airport to Murcia airport - 9 posts
playpen - 0 posts
UTILITY CONNECTION FEES - 2 posts
cheap guest house / hotel in manilva area. - 3 posts
Mattress 190 x 135, brand new - 0 posts
properties in monda with no habitation licence - 5 posts
Spanish youth rally in Madrid echoes Egypt protests - 11 posts
Honda Goldwing Trike for sale - 1 posts
JUST TWO QUESTIONS I WOULD LIKE YOUR READERS TO APPLY TO - 0 posts
Dispute with a hotel fee - 2 posts
Using Facebook to rent out your property to holidaymakers - 6 posts
New-nationally introduced health, safety and security training for workers in Spain - 0 posts
Any info on Almerimar? - 10 posts
Any lawyer/someone with experience who could be kind and help explain the squatting rights in Spain please - 8 posts
Pet supplies - 2 posts
cant wait to leave uk for good - 0 posts
Televes satelite receiver Spain. uk programmes - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x