What is going on with the weather.......

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Apr 2011 10:08 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

phew, another scorcher here in East Anglia today. B-B-Q's at the ready!

Like 0      
23 Apr 2011 12:42 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

Yep Goodstich44 scorcher here in Great Yarmouth to.

The beaches are packed for the bank holiday weekend

Like 0      
23 Apr 2011 5:36 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

And, of course, the newspapers are full of good news like:

Smog and air pollution

Hosepipe Bans

Traffic Jams

Desalination Plants being set up 

etc etc

Here in the Mid of the Midlands, it is marvellous.  Been for a couple of walks in the coutryside, the parks are full of people and, as an added bonus because the sun has come early, the cherry and apple blossom are a riot of colour but we still have daffodils and bluebells.  Beautiful and the BBQ is out for tonight.

Only problem is, my neighbour has decided to sand down his wooden floors, noisey B*****d.  Plus the petrol lawnmowers are in full swing.  Still, don't want to be like the papers and only look on the downside.  Hope it keeps up for at least another 10 days and then the weather can switch to Spain cos that's when I'm next going over.  I left my automatic watering system on at the beginning of March so I hope my garden isn't flooded out.

Like 0      
24 Apr 2011 10:01 AM by JazII Star rating in Mar Menor and UK. 133 posts Send private message

JazII´s avatar

After a day spent outside re-potting our plants, washing all the duvets etc I have big V marks on my feet (from my Fit Flops) despite wearing factor 30.......it sure was a hot one here in San  Pedro del Pinatar

Today, the day started with a bit a rain but the sky is turning blue rapidly.....mmmm looks like the sun will be out soon.....I think breakfast on the terrance at the marina will be in order in about 40  minutes

Like 0      
24 Apr 2011 10:36 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We're three miles from Weston-Super-Mare's main searont which, finally, has been finished after many months of upheaval & our new Grand Pier reopened late last year. On Thursday we baked on the front as I sipped my free G&T's, compliments of Marstons. Sign up to receive emailed offers with them & they send each email address you give them (I made up some new ones  to use for this purpose) a voucher for a free drink. We'd registered some time ago so were sent a voucher for a free G & T or Pimms & lemonade but register now & you can have various drinks, beer, wine, soft drinks, G&T etc See Martin's email first two offers http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-restaurant-deals/marstons The free G&T & Pimms & lemonade offer is till 11/5 & the other drinks for one month after registration.

It's been fantastic for days & generally good here since we returned from Spain April 9th too. We bought some boxes of Maltesers from Poundland on Thursday just before getting the bus home & put them in the fridge for an hour & when we opened them many were stuck together & I don't like HAVING to eat four at once!!!!    

This message was last edited by morerosado on 24/04/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Nuclear Incident at Valencia? - 2 posts
NIE Change of address - 11 posts
Sickness pay - 0 posts
funding for university - 1 posts
Installing Ceiling Fans - suspended platerboard ceiling - 4 posts
SPANISH GOVERNMENT PROPERTY ROAD SHOW 2011 - 183 posts
taxi fare - 7 posts
Vodafone- You think Telefonica is bad????? - 6 posts
long term rental wanted in camposol,murica - 0 posts
can anyone help or advise me? - 3 posts
Iberdrola problem - 0 posts
administrator - 4 posts
Wishing you all a Happy Easter - 18 posts
Fire Bricks - 2 posts
Moulton bicycle - 0 posts
Generator - 1 posts
Non Resaident buying brand new car in Spain - 5 posts
Something to crow about - Thank You! - 8 posts
A Voice for the Voiceless / Sharon's Appeal for Noah's Arc - April/May 2011 - 4 posts
lift maintenance - 1 posts
Club for amateur enterpreneurs - 0 posts
Rent to Rent - 0 posts
2 Rattan Sun Loungers for Sale - 2 posts
Anyone know of a decent electrician? - 11 posts
A little laugh for EVERYONE who has to deal with red tape in Spain - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x